"Canon" Builds for Companions

Users who are viewing this thread

Hatachi

Recruit
Hello everyone.  I posted this on the paradox mount and blade forums, but it did not seem nearly as active as this one.

First off, I'd like to say up front I'm well aware I can build the characters however I want. However, for my current play through I'm wanting to use companions with the most logical skill set and weaponry for their personality and back story. It would be greatly appreciated. I'll throw out an example of what I mean to help you all get on the track of what I mean. Also, don't bother with armor as I'm still going to try to give them the best that I can with the strength they have. It's mainly weapon sets and skill I'm interested in.

(
Matheld

Nordic Sword
Huscarl Shield
Throwing Axes
Throwing Axes (or a 1 or 2 handed axe)

can't decide if she would be on foot or not

Training as the only out of combat skill.
)
Thanks in advance to all who reply.

Well, i'm not using matheld at the moment, but she seemed one of the easiest to come up with an idea for.

The companions I'm planning on using at the moment are: Alayen, Katrin, Deshavi, Klethi, Bunduk, Jerumus, Ymira.

Yes... but that's not about equipping/using Companions due to their backstory.

Well, in native I usually equip all my companions the same (as my über-Swadian 2handed-toting shocktroops), exept a few uniques; Those are:
-Ymira; I always dress her in a court dress and arm her only with a 1handed sword; I max her healing/surgeon skills, and sometimes she gets even better than Jeremus. She isn't a hardened warrior but a (rather naive) young lady, so why not dress her smartly instead of safely? Looks FTW!
(Unfortunately, in Vanilla I can hardly ever keep her from entering battle besides me, just as Jeremus.)

-Jeremus: Well, he's not a professional warrior but a healer, and I usually give him Artimenner's Courtly coat, and a Sword (and sometimes a shield). Headgear varies.

-Deshavi: She's not a shock-trooper, she's a woman. Although her backstory is triggered when approaching Nord territory (she says she used to live in a village there), I see her more as a Vaegir (or perhaps Khergit) woman. (This has something to do with the Nirdamese from tEatRC.) So, I give her a scimitar, Khergit Bow (Sometimes a Longbow), Khergit (or Bodkin) Arrows, and more arrows, and equip her with a Kherigt Guard Helmet and Lamellar Armor (I believe it's called so; I mean the long read coat with s lammelar breastplate over it).

When playing tEatRC (The Eagle and the Radiant Cross) I equip my companions alike, but with minor chances; Jeremus gets a Landsknecht Hat, Deshavi a Southern helmet, and my shock-troop companions are less equipped like Unmounted Knights than like Doppelsoldners.

someone has posted a list with the nationality of the companions.

if you know that, you can equip them due to their story.

that was what i meant ^^

for myself
most time i recruit the companions very late ingame... sometime after starting own faction.
cause that I'm not working with them very often so i don't now how i would equip them

Bunduk should be easy too: Siege Crossbow, Heavy Military Pick, Heavy Board Shield, Steel Bolts. Or a Hammer instead of a Pick. That´s as Rhodok as it´s ever gonna get.

Ymira is nothing but a petty merchant when you recruit her. Even though she is a Rhodok I don´t think it really matters with her. She and Marnid can be whatever the player wants them to be.

Hatachi said:
Well, i'm not using matheld at the moment, but she seemed one of the easiest to come up with an idea for.

The companions I'm planning on using at the moment are: Alayen, Katrin, Deshavi, Klethi, Bunduk, Jerumus, Ymira.

Alayen is a noble from Reyvadin, and he says he prefers fighting from horseback, so you could equip him as a Vaegir knight.

Bunduk is a pure Rhodok crossbowman, as someone has already posted.

Deshavi seems best suited for archery; since she's a Nord, you could always just kit her out as a Nord Veteran Archer.

Klethi is Vaegir like Alayen, but she's not noble; in the past, I've generally equipped her as a footsoldier with throwing axes to take advantage of her skill set, but that seems more Nord.  You could always have her stick with throwing knives and otherwise equip her as a Vaegir footsoldier.  Or, since she and Deshavi become fast friends, you could always say that Deshavi has influenced her to fight more like a Nord, and kit her out as a Huscarl.

Jeremus, Katrin & Ymira are special cases.  Their backstories indicate that, up until you meet them, they've been noncombatants.  So, regardless of their nationalities, how you equip them really depends on how you intend to use them. 

Back
Top Bottom