Map making? Piece of cake! [tutorial]

Users who are viewing this thread

Why so serious? :smile:

I get it's a WIP, by I cannot understand one thing: why didn't you decrease hardness primarily? You'd have to do 50% less job, because the edges would be fine instantly. But, as you wish, I shall debate no more about that, your choice. :smile:

I'm probably worse mapper than you, as I'm basically a beginner, but it'd be nice of you to explain it to me. Pretty please? :smile:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
Working on a new invasion map this morning... Just need to add a little more cover for the defenders and some more foliage for the bots approach.

That looks like that would be a pretty fun map to play on!

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Just ignore them, mate. :wink:

No I mean it, tell me why it is better to fix edges later. :grin:

Don't be selfish, spread your knowledge.  :lol:

@Nighthawkreal, it is possible to place those barrels. They will explode when shot.

You mean, what is their name? Not sure, search at ,,b'' like barrel of gunpowder, or ,,g'' like gunpowder barrel. :wink:

That was just a test barrel, so I wouldn't suggest to place it on any map. We can add such thing for engineer, yes, but for now we decided not to, since there aren't too many objects that you could blow up. We must rethink the matter and  maybe we add such thing in the near future.

Hofiko said:
Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Just ignore them, mate. :wink:

No I mean it, tell me why it is better to fix edges later. :grin:

He didn't say it was a better way, just it's the way he works. I don't tell you off for wiping your arse with your left hand so you shouldn't tell me wiping it with my right is any better.

Failed example, to be honest. I already told you that, but:

Hofiko said:
You'd have to do 50% less job, because the edges would be fine instantly.

Don't you think that it's more important than wiping your arse with either left or right hand? Umh, well. Everybody has different priorities. :wink:

their are a lot of unanswered q's in this tut, i suggest going into more advanced map making, were you actually have to use some code

Back
Top Bottom