Win7 crashes. **FIX** <Anybody with RGL errors look here>

Users who are viewing this thread

JoeK

Recruit
This didnt start happening until i downloaded V5.0

I uninstalled and am re-downloading and installing the game/mod at this time. (Mount&Blade original)

My question is, are there any known win7 problems with 5.0B1?

The crashes only occured during battles, and after 2-3 minutes of playing in battle the game would freeze and i would have to ctrl+alt+del to get the game to stop.

I'm afraid the mod's incompability issues with Windows 7 are engine related, and thus are very difficult to avoid. v5.0B1 is somewhat more stable as far as I know, but be prepared that it doesn't guarantee 100% salvation.

Confirmed they still occur. :/

It only happens during in battle scenes, sometimes before they show up, sometimes after 2-3 of them, and sometimes in the middle of just one long battle. I have no idea what to do and want to play this -_-

The game just crashes to desktop with no error message. I just get "Mount&Blade has stopped working."

If it matters, i have an AMD Phehom x4 9750 and an AMD Radeon 6870

ADD: This ONLY happens using SoD, not native M&B

If i turn the texture settings down to 70%, i get no crashes.

Maybe this should be made well known to people who are having crashes similar to mine?

JoeK said:

Maybe this should be made well known to people who are having crashes similar to mine?
One of the horse meshes crashes the game when entering battle: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214489.0.html

Computica said:
JoeK said:

One of the horse meshes crashes the game when entering battle: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214489.0.html

I tried the fix and it did not work. The only thing that DID work was setting the texture settings to under 70%

Mount and blade runs ever so slightly differently, enough so that texture loading has issues with win7.
There are some higher polygon counts that crash the game it's not just the warhorse (though it IS one issue)

It's why cutting some of those details out removes the crash. Thats what I've concluded anyway

My game never crashes in a battle, and my graphics settings are all maxed out.  What you guys are describing sounds more like an issue with the graphics being set too high.

My game however does crash when right after a seige I try to quicksave or use the "Save" option in the menu.  I get a runtime error and M&B just stops working.

warrof said:
My game never crashes in a battle, and my graphics settings are all maxed out.  What you guys are describing sounds more like an issue with the graphics being set too high.

My game however does crash when right after a seige I try to quicksave or use the "Save" option in the menu.  I get a runtime error and M&B just stops working.
This is my problem as well.

I get an RGL error stating:

Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf

This error appears every time I try to launch the game
... any thoughts?

Lord Ardor said:

Unable to open file: CommonRes/costumes_a.brf

This error appears every time I try to launch the game
... any thoughts?

This mod is for the original Mount&Blade (1.011), and not Warband.

I run Win8 and I still get rgl errors. It's always with brf files. Do you need a specific program to run brf files, or is it just my computer?

I had a lot of different crashes throughout trying the early stages of trying out the mod.

What fixed it for me were a number of things, but these are the most important I think:
1. Texture Details down to 70%, Grass Density to 50% or less.
2. No Antialising.
3. I used Large Adress Aware (google it!) to enhance the M&B executeable to be able to process larger sizes of memory. Probably the most important one.
It's a fairly simple program.

4. Force Single Threading can help, but I found there's really no need for it on new computers. LAA (3.) takes care of it.

After basically crashing everywhere all the time, it now runs crash free for me.

"Unable to open texture file Texture/ocean_river.dds "

HELLLLPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:  :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

JoeK said:
This didnt start happening until i downloaded V5.0

I uninstalled and am re-downloading and installing the game/mod at this time. (Mount&Blade original)

My question is, are there any known win7 problems with 5.0B1?

The crashes only occured during battles, and after 2-3 minutes of playing in battle the game would freeze and i would have to ctrl+alt+del to get the game to stop.

Same thing happens in The Last Days mod. I found a solution, at least for me. If you have more than 2 GB RAM memory, install CFF explorer and allow Mount and Blade to handle more than 2GB RAM. I fixed crashes in TLD, since I did that. It is same RGL error you are experiencing. You will maybe have to turn off some stuff, as ragdolls or reduce it, but it won't crash anymore. And you don't have to reduce battlesize, since your game will be able to handle more troops if you allow it with CFF.

Back
Top Bottom