+Something to consider+ Ealabor, read!

Users who are viewing this thread

JankoMega

Grandmaster Knight
Obviously, this mod is, I never wanted to say this, but it looks like dying.I never wanted it; but if You, Ealabor, will come back soon, I want You to read this thread.
Considering you have left since 19th January, the mod is currently dead I would say.So my opinion and suggestion was to release the MP version of it first which would allure many players to play and organize events, rather than waiting one more year or so.
Also, if this really dies, than it'd be like "spitting" on all hard work You and Hegemony team had done before; seriously, it'd look like that.I remember when I didn't have account on Taleworlds, how the progress was ongoing well, and the mod was growing...but now...It's not a problem with waiting or anything, but leaving this would be a bad idea and probably would get many people down.There were some people who know that I'm a big fan of Hegemony, that asked me if this is seriously dead...I couldn't reply to that.
Hope you understand.
My opinion, from best regards.
Cheers,
Janko.

I doubt multiplayer is something he's been working on yet, he was probably going to do the singleplayer first. If he hasn't the time or inclination to keep going with the mod much longer I doubt getting a meaningful multiplayer set up is feasible. Besides, without some unique ideas for multiplayer wouldn't the mod just be too much like Mount & Gladius and that other Roman multiplayer mod?

You doubt, but he mentioned it several times, he even made a thread for it. So I think that there is a big possibility for it.And, if you know, many players get bored by playing Singleplayer so my suggestion is making Multiplayer instead, if Ealabor ever gets back. :neutral: For example, take a look at Mount and Musket, they are MP only and their mod is played non-stop, you have organized events and battles; now imagine that on Hegemony 268. BC .
That's all I can say.Ealabor, make MP, cause this is definitely dying.To be honest, I lost my interest on this.

Yes he did make a thread for it, saying he would do multiplayer and asking whether people wanted it, and on page 4 of that thread he said it would be done after the initial release of the mod. So I doubt he has done any work on it yet. I'm not trying to dash your hopes but it just doesn't seem even a vain hope of it happening in my opinion.

Thanks for answer.
Yep, I see...Well, even now, I don't think this will be alive any time soon, so it's kinda stupid to talk about Multiplayer and its future development phrases. :neutral:

JankoMega said:
You doubt, but he mentioned it several times, he even made a thread for it. So I think that there is a big possibility for it.And, if you know, many players get bored by playing Singleplayer so my suggestion is making Multiplayer instead, if Ealabor ever gets back. :neutral: For example, take a look at Mount and Musket, they are MP only and their mod is played non-stop, you have organized events and battles; now imagine that on Hegemony 268. BC .
That's all I can say.Ealabor, make MP, cause this is definitely dying.To be honest, I lost my interest on this.

I'm genuinely amazed. I remember a time where we had to ask you stop posting so many threads asking about when it was going to be released and how much you were looking forward to it  :lol:

The team was just too small. There seemed only to be ealabor himself doing the actual crunch and a small group of us doing historical research. There was a separate forum for researchers, which hasn't been used for months. No of us have been in touch with anyone since then as far as I am aware. I believe the mod is indeed dead. All I know is the Sarmatian word for horse was probably *atsfi.
:sad:

The whole idea of having a single mod leader makes no sense when the mod is a collective of work from 20+ people. If Hegemony is to move on and ever see the light of day then it needs a new management system. A republic if you will.  :mrgreen:

Ealabor doesn't want this mod to be released because frankly it was 95% ready more than 2 years ago. 

I know this sucks, but maybe ealabor could do a "contest" where people that are interested in continuing the work he has done could ask him to cede the leadership. This is what happened with LME (Legions mod extended) which was turned into Hegemony 268BC by Ealabor after getting the unfinished work of another person (Of course, the current Hegemony 268BC has nothing to do with the old LME). Maybe someone can take the leadership and finish this if Ealabor is not interested anymore/can't do it due to any reasons.

Too much work already done to be wasted.

A contributor to the Hegemony series

Alright. Don't get me wrong, but I don't give a **** about this anymore. Seriously. There's Napoleonic Wars and other cool stuff, so goodbye, ealabor. I won't be here anymore... I just see how much time we've spent for nothing.

JankoSRB said:
Alright. Don't get me wrong, but I don't give a **** about this anymore. Seriously. There's Napoleonic Wars and other cool stuff, so goodbye, ealabor. I won't be here anymore... I just see how much time we've spent for nothing.

If you won't be here anymore, just go off, say whatever you want, but don't act like that, because if you didn't give a **** about this, you wouldn't even make that post to start with.

You're kinda right, I am worrying about this since I've spent so much time for checking this and getting my hopes up. That's why. Now, after playing Napoleonic Wars and other things (Peloponnesian War), I've realized some things...which wouldn't be so smart to mention though.

Frankly, I am surprised that so many would let go a mod I found hours of enjoyment in. The only negative I would give this mod is that there was no kingdom management system written into it. I wish I knew how to program it, I would have figured out how to insert said KM. There are enough factions, space, and other things in this mod that having KM would really extend its playability. As it is, the highest you can aspire to is vassal to a pretender to the throne, if you really wanna get out there. Considering I loved this mod more so than even native, and still do, I had to look for something new because KM was nonexistant. Personally, I love the Japanese style weapons that are available and my primary avatar, is killer.

JankoSRB said:
Obviously, this mod is, I never wanted to say this, but it looks like dying.I never wanted it; but if You, Ealabor, will come back soon, I want You to read this thread.
Considering you have left since 19th January, the mod is currently dead I would say.So my opinion and suggestion was to release the MP version of it first which would allure many players to play and organize events, rather than waiting one more year or so.
Also, if this really dies, than it'd be like "spitting" on all hard work You and Hegemony team had done before; seriously, it'd look like that.I remember when I didn't have account on Taleworlds, how the progress was ongoing well, and the mod was growing...but now...It's not a problem with waiting or anything, but leaving this would be a bad idea and probably would get many people down.There were some people who know that I'm a big fan of Hegemony, that asked me if this is seriously dead...I couldn't reply to that.
Hope you understand.
My opinion, from best regards.
Cheers,
Janko.

Dude, come on! You tried to 'take over' The Peloponnesian war mod! I don't want any of your opinions.

JankoSRB said:
Yep, lets better not talk about it...It'll stay dead, obviously.

Lol, I think your problem is that your head is too far up your own arse.
No body cares if you play/don't play their mods. So stop being a D and gtfo.

Back
Top Bottom