1860 and 1866 mod

Users who are viewing this thread

nilloc93 said:
yeah 1860's is **** compared to this

That is Not the right Attitude, dear Boy. Especialy Gab is careing very much about the comunity and don't Reserve any of this. His Mods are awesome. I just say make it better yourself before complaining.
I worked with Gab and Never had more Fun and better working Attitude than with him.
Gab and his mods are one of the first and best. Support him and you will never regret it.

nilloc93 said:
yeah 1860's is **** compared to this
I can understand when you pay for something and call it **** or a waste of money, but to say that someone's hard work that you got for free is **** is not really appropriate.
You're probably 12yo kid.

Edit: cut some ugly words

Captured Joe said:
GABRILDURO said:
But I do admit that 1866 is TOP level and one of the 3 Best Mods for M&B.  :cool:
Indeed. But I'm curious which other 2 mods are in that top 3 (I thing Star Wars Conquest is one of them)?

Wedding dance and Astorionar adventure.

SeanBeansShako said:
GABRILDURO could you possibly come to an agreement with Europe 1805 so some of the facial, head hair and skins could be used for said mod?
oh, but I m not the developer nor I owe any of this 1866 mod items and issues.
I got only permission on using it.
You need to ask Highlander or Yellowmosquito...
I m sorry.

Jimmitheking said:
Captured Joe said:
If you have WB, you can still play Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America mod; Gabrilduro got permission to use many items from 1866 in his mod. AFAIK, those will be used in the latest version, which is still being tested, but will become available for everyone to download once testing is complete.
I know, but Gabrilduro's 1860s Old America mod isnt 1866 :sad:
I mean, i love Gabrilduro's work, but i find some of his stuff to be kinda... chaotic.
I mean no offense off course, just sayi'n if i'd have to choose between original 1866 and 1860s Old America, i'd definitivly pick 1866!
Still, keep up the good work Gab :grin:

I always said that 1866 was and still is a  M A S T E R P I E C E !!!
...and if HIGHLANDER, YELLOWMOSQUITO, or any other Main developer of the GREAT 1866 Mod would make suddenly a new version for Warband, well....I d be the 1st one wanting to play it...NO doubts!  :cool:

But....things are a little different, unfortunately.
I don t see them on this Thread since a long time....and they clearly said that there is NOT a plan for a WB version, right?
Also, Yellowmosquito is not even answering to some kind invitation I made on my 1860s Forum, nor he is answering to questions that were sent with a PM from me and HINKEL (another great Modder that atm is on N&S Mod for NW).

So finally....all U have is this old Italian, that made such a fullofissues Bunch of Mods...that might seem CAOTHIC, right?  :???:
And in a way I agree with U .
Modding on SP (Single Player) for WB is an incredible and un-human work, expecially if U do a Full Convertion Musket MOD!!
Much less work is a MP only Mod: still a big commitment, but not even comparable.
....and my son is telling me lately:
"Why don t we make more Mods, but just MP ...and maybe with Custom Battles for SP ? Dad, ppl just like to fight. Who cares of all that going around, talking, mission etc etc ...that just drives U crazy to modify??!! ".
SMART KID, my son, huh?!  :wink:

Anyway, MP or /and expecially SP Modding, is like making a child and ...becoming a MOTHER!
U cannot understand what all that means and involves, UNLESS...U also are a mother.
....players are just like the "father": all they did was to "play" their part, before and after,...and ....helping, or even just visiting (...in some cases..) the Mother(/Modder) and the Baby, when they can/want. 
Got what I mean?  :twisted:

Gabby

PS....Click on my Signature Pic to get to my Mods forums, in case U guys want to know more/discuss on this issue.  :wink:
Let s thk the Devs for their FREE and GREAT work done, once again... but thx and gratz are NEVER enough!   :cool:

Ok, folks...W A K E  U P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....c'mon....  :twisted:

Post some comments, on progress made, guys:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/board,235.0.html

Hope U will enjoy it!

Gab
PS ....RELEASED huge PUBLIC v.0.99 G
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224343.0.html

....and YELLOWMOSQUITO / HIGHLANDER and PENIS COLADA....please try it and see ur Avatars and how I made them!  :wink:

GABRILDURO said:
Ok, folks...W A K E  U P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ....c'mon....  :twisted:

Post some comments, on progress made, guys:

Hope U will enjoy it!

Gab
PS ....RELEASED huge PUBLIC v.0.99 G
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,224343.0.html

....and YELLOWMOSQUITO / HIGHLANDER and PENIS COLADA....please try it and see ur Avatars and how I made them!  :wink:

Edit: Found the download link now on moddb.com. I will try it and say my honest opinion.

Okay I played it some time now. And what I really like is the sounds. I like the gun sounds much better than in 1866. I also liked that you can give your troop the same fire orders like in Napoleonic War, wich is great when it comes to tactics on the battlefield. This might be the key to what can make your mod one of the best Western mods out there.

What I didn't like was that it felt too much like Native Warband:
- The saloons in towns are empty and you still have that too old Tavern that doesn't fit the genre.
- Then is texture problems with clothing; one outfit made my legs invisible.
' I couldn't find any wanted posters in town. I really like the bounty hunting part and dueling.
- The fact that you do not draw your gun from your holster ruins the experience a bit for me. Pulling out a gun from your back seems too Warband Native for me.
- Don't use music with people singing, it just felt weird...it's better to just have melodies.
- For muskets and old rifles you should use some smoke mods that are used out there so the smoke lasts longer. Like in Napoleonic Wars or Musket mods for Warband.

But I do like that this uses the Warband engine wich makes it look better.
So overall I give it a 7 / 10 score. But for now I am sticking with 1866.

Btw: Do you know a way too use the gun sounds and richochet sounds in your mod in 1866 mod? I would like to use those sounds :smile:

Thx v m for taking the time to write all that and for ur compliments, together with some testing/bugs/suggestions.

Pls post on 1860s Topic as well.

I am working on a patch  :wink:
gab

Captured Joe said:
So no. No more updates. And certainly no more mods.
I made a mod for 1866, in case anyone's interested.  All it does is make the party sizes more variable (so they can be significantly larger, but also very small), and change some of the faction relationships so more of them will attack each other.  For example, U.S. Army groups, Mexican Army groups, and all bandit groups consider Confederate Renegades to be hostile, so they will chase them and fight more often.  Imperials are the same way.

The goal was to make it possible to gain rep with Confederates or Imperials without having to resort to the gamey Scalphunter herding tactic, and also to create more havoc generally.

Also, I changed a few textures...just some of the cowboy shirts.

Wrong Topic, though .  :wink:

Thix is about 1860s Old America, the Mod that I made and that has full permission on using 1866 issues.
This Topic was about eventual cooperation with 1866 Modders and me, or about updates for 1860s, see?

If U want to make a Mod using their stuff U need to ask permission.

Gab

PS...btw...new full version with some bad issues fixed is available

1860s Old America 0.99 M
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america-v-099-m/downloads/version-099-m

Naah, don t be irritated, read what I really meant, please.
Actually, I encourage U to mention it and advertize it but as I suggested to U up above, see?  :wink:

Any work done for the comunity is welcome and good, I think and I wish U good work
Gab

If U liked the last version of 1860s, pls vote it here as best Mod of the year  :cool:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,291712.0.html

Any help will be much apreciated!  :wink:

Thx in advance
Gab  :wink:

Hehehe...thx but see...Nilly will never say anything positive on anything that I did or that I will ever do... :wink:

I do not consider positevely at all, those people that ONLY talk bad and denigrate a Modder or a Mod.
A constructive criticism is an objective review of good and bad things.
Anything else is just a speech thrown there to bug somebody and his work.

I don't think you should be promoting your 1860OA Mod here, in the 1866 thread, Gab. Not more than once, though.

This thread was open to see if the Devs of both Mods could work together and make an 'ultimate' Mod for this era. The conclusion was that 1866 was not in development anymore by the time the thread was opened, but that you got permission from Abominog, yellowmosquito and Highlander to use some of their stuff into your 1860OA Mod.
I believe it was correct for you to promote your current version of 1860OA at that time, and only that one time, to attract some of the 1866 fans to your Mod, and no more.

But the fact that you've promoted 1860OA several times (G, M and Z versions) gives me the idea that you are taking advantage of this board, whereas in my opinion you should not.

..... :roll:

As U can see I do advertise the updates, only; without opening a new Topic everytime, just posting a new link.

Even the original post of this Topic is not mine, it is from Baskonia.

I do post updates links because many Western fans were stating that they never knew that another Mod was made on Warband.

And I never had any obstacle from the devs of 1866. Actually, after a long time and many PMs, I had full cooperation from them, expecially from Yellowmosquito.  :wink:

But...if   Highlander, yellowmosquito, Abominog (moderators of this Thread) will ever feel bad on any action that I might do here or anywhere else, I will immediately stop.

Till that time....can we focus on more important issues??!!  :roll:

Thx
Gab

Yeah. It was just my opinion, because I don't like people taking advantage of other threads - like you and I know some others have done before.

But you've said it, and you're right; yellowmosquito has never had a problem with you promoting your Mod here, thus I apologize.

No problem mate. That helped to clearify all that  :wink:

Anyway...for all those who care:

0.99 Z, the very last version, is now available!
Very stable and ready to play.
Please download and read the READ ME file inside the Folder.
Feedback only after a deep try...

Thx to all these that supported and encouraged me...and still are!

This version is a huge step ahead compared to my previous one and I m sure you all will love it.  :cool:

....so ........
here is the DOWNLOAD  L I N K :wink:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/1860s-old-america/downloads/099z

REVIEWs (thx a lot to Batong for nice words and support, always!)
Batong 92 said:
Well!!! now i have played thrugh 100 game Days on new 99t and wb 1.153 and there was not even a single crasch with make this mod one of the most stable i have ever played. The new viev limmitation feels great once you get used to it. Most of the items are great and the revolver pairs with show 2 guns and 1 can be drawn is among the coolest. The great number of diffrent good looking rifles are awsome.
I like the village battlefields most of all other battlefields and those arond Richmond are verry verry good.
The best ways to avoid problems in village battles is to have small Groups instead of one huge line, I play as a CSA vassal vs USA.
The scenes are verry good and the random bandit attacks and prisonbreak missions allows high quality street shootouts.
The showdowns are great and they are not won to easy thanks to the high Close quarter pistol damage with makes them both hard and  intresting.
The units for each faction, bandits, hunting terretorys, manhunters and secret hideouts all over the map makes travel much more exiteing.
The overall gameplay are better then any other warband mod and the battlefields, formations and tactics fits the time period perfectly.

Now to the bad things that i can Think of right now.
The stagecoatch, dont know if spelled correctly :oops: dose not appear in battlefields= invissible and when driving it in Towns the player rides below it. It wuld be awsome if you can make the player sit besides the driver as a shooter, i realy love the idea of a horsepulled wagon.

The gatling gun problem is finaly solved by the gattling gun outfit that have slow movement and good protection. well the problem is its impossible or verry hard to find the shooting ammo. I got 3 outfits but no ammo and i have looked arond for manny hours. If i get ammo i finally get my own gattling gunners.

That was all the bad i culd thik of right now.

And i shuld not forget to mention all the great caracters for example G A Custer and Stonewall jacksson with you can even recognice on the battlefields becuse they have personal faces. Also the companions are awsome and its verry funny to se Django in a game  :smile:

Summary. This is the greatest mod for WB and its verry stable with the 1.153 verson.

Thank you verry much Gab for creating and sharing this masterpiece with the comunity. :grin:

Now.... listen, though...and carefully, pleeeeease.  :twisted:

I do all the work and mostly on my own...and is fine. Nobody forces me and is ok.

But when I kindly ask some things, I would really like that people would listen to me....so once again:

1- DO NOT post on MODDB. Do not ask for help there, either. I only uploaded it there to give more chances to downloaders. Post HERE, and just RATE the Mod on MODDB in the REVIEW Section, instead.
2- DO NOT open NEW Topics, if possible. Post in the Topics that I made, choosing the one that fits better your subject.
3- DO NOT post if you completely or mostly disliked my Mods. I mean...who cares about a full negative comment.  :roll: I played tons of Mods that I fully disliked, but I did not bother the poor guy to insult his hard work, see... :???:
4- say whatever you want and think but always introduce yourself first and be kind. Is a question of good manners. Please show respect for ALL Modders and for all the people that help in many ways, because we do this just to be nice to the community and for FREE, so a "thanks" and well written post should be natural from all of you players.
5- MOTIVATION is the thing that makes everything possible in this world. And in a FREE project, is the ONLY fuel that a Modder has.
Keep me motivated, say hi on the Forum every once in a while. Hey, I m Italian, strongly latin...irritable but extremely friendly and opened to human relations. Do not think at my Mods like they were just a given gift. Feedback with warm enthusiasm and be HUMAN !  :mrgreen:

If U do not like my mods, do not post your comment.
We would all just loose time and I can swear that I will not waste a single minute with TROLLS or un-behaved folks  :wink:

And one last thing to those few arrogants that enjoy so much insulting other people's Mods, my work, myself or my friends:
-go modding instead of being so critic and leave the Community alone! - :twisted:

Gab
PS ...useful READ ME that is in the New Update:
Welcome to 1860s Old America v.0.99 !

THIS Mod IS a GABRILDURO's Mod and is FOR WARBAND ONLY.
USE ONLY < ORIGINAL > NEW WB 1.158!
Might work with 1.153, still.

KNOWN ISSUES:

-CRACKED version will NOT work !!!
-HUGE BATTLES with hundreds of troops, will give problems and maybe ctd.
-PRESSING TOO LONG the ORDER "STAY HERE" / "GO THERE", when the player flag spawns,
makes sometimes and ONLY on some Scenes, a crash to desktop.
DO NOT keep too long the button pressed, then, but just quickly CLICK it.

----- Install instructions ----

Please, DELETE any previous version, first.
Then, just copy and paste the 1860s Folder in the: --Module Folder of M&B Warband--
....and according to your system you will have:

32 bit WINDOWS
- Extract 1860s folder into Warband Module directory - C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules

64 bit WINDOWS
- Extract 1860s folder into Warband Module directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
32 bit STEAM
- Extract 1860s folder into Warband Module directory - C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\mountblade warband\Modules

64 bit STEAM
- Extract 1860s folder into Warband Module directory - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\mountblade warband\Modules

..........................................................................................

GABRILDURO made American History Mods for Warbands
(1755 Old Frontier, 1776 American Revolution and 1860s Old America).

They are FREE to use but ....hey, com'on...he'd apreciate a comment and a thanks on his 1860s Thread.
That is the only payment that Modders like him get from Users, for all the free work that was done and shows
some kindness from Users that just download and play for free.

Please be kind and positive, even if you want to post some constructive criticism.
Gab KILLED himself to get to this point, even if still some things need fixing and final checking.

Due to the very special work done and to very special PERMISSIONS that he got, he will eventually
consider permissions ONLY for making GABRILDURO' s SUB-Mods.

-Please try the
<Single Player>, (do not miss the New Arenas SHOOTOUTS), <Custom Battles> and the <MultiPlayer> (MP) option, with few friends, on a LAN (NOT internet) or even ALONE, with NO connection and using Game Bots ( setting artificial player Troops).

USE ONLY < ORIGINAL > NEW WB 1.158 PATCH! Might work with 1.153, still.

-Please follow all next steps if this mod is not running perfectly on your PC!!!
This mod is a COMPLETE CONVERTION of WB Native and has TONS of new fetures, such as improved graphic,
sounds, music, new models, weapons, SMOKE, blood... etc etc..
- BIG thx goes to all people that is listed in Credits, for help and permissions...but expecially to
MARECONE, for motivating this work lately... and to Gab's Old Teammates, and mostly to the great CRUMBS,
that made the whole modding activity of Gab possible!!
Thx TO all Friends, Helpers and Supporters of Gabrilduro's Mods!

IMPORTANT: It WILL NOT be provided assistance ON Personal Messages (PMs).
Post ONLY on the right Topic and please DO NOT open new Topics.
You WILL NOT get any assistance, unless you will prove that you did all next steps:
1 - close ALL programs and Net connections, then start a NEW GAME (not savegame compatible)
2 - do not MOD this mod. You will get easily crashes. Do not tweak or change anything.
Test the original version and get use to it for some days, then eventually do some changes.
3 - do not use cheats, it might give problems as well (the world map and battle maps are very big
and doing map/fight cheats will freeze your PC!)
4 - before starting 1860s, pls do ALL steps in 1257 link suggested here (thx 1257!)
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
5 - start the game and save after talking to Merchant. Close and load last save.
Keep 2/3 saving spots for 1860s and overwrite them. That will avoid you to loose all your progresses.
-WHEN STARTING M&B WB AND CHOOSING 1860s MOD, GO TO "CONFIGURE" AND THEN TO "HIDE BLOOD"  / "ENABLE CHEATS"
(they both should NOT be marked if you have PC performance problems). GO THEN TO "ADVANCED" AND CHECK IF "Enable Edit Mode" is on.(It should be OFF for best performance)
-TURN DOWN ALL YOUR VIDEO SETTINGS TO MINIMUM, BUT EXPECIALLY:
<"MAX FRAMERATE" TO 60
<"TREES DETAILS"
<"SHADER/SHADOWS" TO MINIMUM

- Do not set to zero "Monitor Gamma"
-TURN TO MINIMUM "BATTLE SIZE" AND ALL POSSIBLE GAME OPTIONS, EVEN INDICATORS.
If the game now works well, increase few things at a time, to discover WHERE your problem was.
Check also  this link: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html.

Have fun and please play at least a full week before asking or reporting anything.

Hallo to evbody!
Got a suggestion frome a friend and I m going to post this funny vid in which the kind guy that made it doesn t know that YELLOWMOSQUITO is one of the DEVELOPERS of that marvellous Mod for M&B called 1866
He is wandering why I named the npc like that...and for those that still do not know, I Always honored those that are friends or modders or supperters, etc etc like that
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?&q=1860s+old+america&qft=+filterui:videoage-lt525600&FORM=R5VR8#view=detail&mid=741B96D21DA3A3EF8D01741B96D21DA3A3EF8D01

Back
Top Bottom