Bugs & Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Applied latest patch and always get the following message when launching (and then crashing):

"Unable to open file: Modules\Vikingr\Resource\materials.brf"

Can anybody help?

Cheers,

Old One

You should just reinstall Vikingr, at best you should simply remove your current Vikingr folder and then use the installer followed by the hotfix so nothing gets corrupted. In this case you describe the game can't find those resources for some reason, so I guess something was not set up properly or just in an incomplete way.

something seems wrong... it sais that the server is using a newer module of mount & blade warband ( 9.372 ) and i should get the new one... wich is 2.41 ( something not sure. the newest one :smile: ) what is wrong? one internet for the one finding out what's wrong

Assasin_Nietsmmar said:
something seems wrong... it sais that the server is using a newer module of mount & blade warband ( 9.372 ) and i should get the new one... wich is 2.41 ( something not sure. the newest one :smile: ) what is wrong? one internet for the one finding out what's wrong
oh you, its a known error, that only means silly Assasin_Nietsmmar forgot mod should be launched through WSELoader.exe, not warband.exe. Launch vikingr by the shortcut installer made on your desktop or just run WSELoader.exe placed in ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE

That error message is usually due to using an old version of the WSE (warband script enhancer) to start the game. If you just use the warband.exe the scripts that are based on this enhancement will not be able to run, and that shuld explain the error message. Instead you should either start the game via the Vikingr shortcut that was created on your desktop by the installer, or alternatively the "WSELoader.exe" located in your Vikingr module folder inside the WSE subfolder.

edit:Ah well, you were faster there^^

STARik said:
Assasin_Nietsmmar said:
oh you, its a known error, that only means silly Assasin_Nietsmmar forgot mod should be launched through WSELoader.exe, not warband.exe. Launch vikingr by the shortcut installer made on your desktop or just run WSELoader.exe placed in ...\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE
oh? i need WSE? wow, i must have an eyesigth of a... rock ( they have bad eyesigth, rigth?)
one internet for you sir!

But you don't have to download it especially, it comes with the installer. Only you have to start with it, by either clicking the installer or the WSELoader in the WSE subfolder of the Vikingr module folder.

Assasin_Nietsmmar said:
oh? i need WSE? wow, i must have an eyesigth of a... rock ( they have bad eyesigth, rigth?)
one internet for you sir!

You! What have you done, look how upset he is now! Everyone in school are bullying him already, you HAD to say that, didnt you?!
10rvne9.jpg

First upload picutre to some hosting server (for example imgshack.us) then copy direct url link and put it in such command:

[.img]http://pictureURL[/img] (without dot)

Made a full reinstall Vikingr 0.90 full and then 0.93 Patch but I still receive the following message when launching:

"Unable to open file: Modules\Vikingr\Resource\materials.brf"

I guess I have to retire...but I don't want to... :sad:

Ah don't give up, in the worst case I can send you that file by hand^^
But you could try for a last time simply deleting all vikingr folders and installing 0.93 only (its not dependent on having 0.90 installed). Then apply the hotfix on top, and see if it works. If not you could just send me a PM and I will e-mail you that file if theres no other way.  :smile:

Ok i have found bug or maybe it is just ping problem what keep annoing me all of time. Anyway, why blocks dont stop attacks? I block and BAM! im dead beacuse sword or axe went through my shield. Help?  :neutral:
Anyway this is great mod! :grin:

It is odd as a few other people mentioned the same problem... it sounds a bit like a ping problem, but so far most of those who had similar issues still had quite acceptable pings. Now I for my part rarely ever notice such behaviour in the game when playing, although yesterday I was sure to have hit a certain fortunate archer three times with my mace from horseback without any effect. Also I recall that a while back there was an incident in which I indeed constantly hit people (not from horseback), with the weapons moving through them without doing damage, or javelins and arrows simply ignoring targets and moving through them, but later that day it was all as it should be again.

Now for all I know there is no fix or anything that could really be done about it, as we are not even sure what the cause could be. From what I know about warband there seems to be something like a memory leak issue, so that the servers get clogged up after running for more than two weeks or so, and after not being restarted for a while issues like these become more common. It is a bit difficult to compare the server behaviour right now as FenrirSkogr is the only one that is up, but to my knowlege it has been restarted more or less regularly over the last time.

The odd thing is that these kinds of problems seem to be worse for some than for others, as I for example rarely ever have any complaints like that. It is difficult to explain that with a server issue, and so it might be worth it to investigate a bit if you maybe have some programs running in the background that worsen your game performance. That doesn't even have to show in the fps count, but I noticed that when you for example are currently having a youtube video opened and play the game at the same time, the game will run quite a bit less well than normally. I suspect it has to do with the core-management of warband although I don't really have a deep understanding of it.

But i have heard of a whole register of problems like this, ranging from javelins and arrows missing targets and magically "teleporting back" into them to score a kill, people getting hit through shield and non-shield blocks, weapon blocks showing a different direction for one player than for the rest and similar. Still as far as I know that is not really Vikingr-specific, and although it would be nice to get rid of these problems I don't really know if we can do anything about it in terms of modding itself  :???:

So I'm derping, but did you guys remove overhand spear thrusts? I can't seem to switch to it by pressing X anymore.  :shock:

i have one bag when i playing in Vik  :twisted: sometimes my attacks and strikes go through my enemy!!! through him body!!! and  he don't dieing !!! when i have short weapon (seax) my attack sometimes go through the enemy and he must die but he don't dieing or injured!!! :twisted: :cry:

Back
Top Bottom