Bugs & Problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Mammoet

Master Knight
Please provide a most detailed description as possible of the bug/problem so we can fix/help you fast & efficiently!  :smile:

Sorry guys but check out these screenies I took, the new patch has messed my game right up - can you help?

Ok so my screenshots wont attach because their taken with steam - bloody thing, add me on skype and I will show you: uhtredfyrninga

So every written word is appearing in transformers or matrix writing (illegible) and its very very annoying. I am sure there is an easy fix as I cant be the only one this happened too.

Thanks in advance

-Ubba

The weird letters can be because of an earlier vikingr version which also contained a new font.
The solution is to do a clean install: Remove the Vikingr folder from your ...\Mount & Blade Warband\Modules folder and install the latest version of Vikingr.

This is great!

There's a problem with the huscarl. Only the red tunic with the leather vest shows up, not the green and blue ones, and if you choose the byrnie you can't choose the leather vest again. If you choose no armour you do spawn with the red tunic and the leather vest though.

I still think the huscarls should have free access to medium-sized shields, because as it is you usually see most fyrdmen using better shields than the huscarls. But seeing how you gave them free two-handed axes, I suppose you're going for a different role on the battlefield.

I installed the new patch but when i try to log into Fyrningum server, it says it's running a different module not installed on my pc. I doubt the server has not been updated.. some settings of mine messed up maybe? i started the game using the WSELoader

Maybe you are not using the WSE version that came with the installer but the previous one, try starting with the shortcut that was created, maybe it helps.

Well i did a clean-full install into a new folder, after uninstalling the previous version of the game.
I will try again, thanks for your help Moeck.

Edit: launched the game via shortcut, fail.
Edit: via WSEloader, fail again.

sob  :sad:

And are you sure you didn't accidentally use the old installer? Does the mod selection screen really show 0.93 in the lower right corner? Or maybe your Vikingr folder is just not called "Vikingr" for some reason...

Mmmmm..... in fact i named my folder Vikingr 0.93 :grin:

Ok i'll give it another try right now :grin: I now remember you mentioned about it for the earlier patch and totally forgot now

Ahah ok it works!!! sorry for the waste of time and thank you very much for your help!  :mrgreen: Yay i'm in!!!!!

Ok, I'm having a problem where the game boots me as soon as I get into the welcome screen of the Server.  The error msg that comes up says that the game stopped working for unspecified reason.  gonna try again here in a second to see if it keeps reoccurring.

Minor stuff:
The Rus knife hangs on the front but the drawing animation is the one for seaxes hanging on the back. The Goídil have the correct animation.
The roof textures of the hall in that map whose name I forget (you know, the hall that is loaded separately, and where we fight for soup) are glitchy and all shiny.

ok, i've got a problem, played just fine yesterday but now i get kicked from the server everytime
i'm still able to write a message but right after i'm kicked
i'm up to date with patches and stuff, and i use the desktop shortcut

please help,
sincerely Thorgar

In such cases it usually has nothing to do with being kicked. A few things you could try are turning off your firewall and making your your internet connection doesn't cut out in any way. But if you could play normally the days before it is more likely that this is a temporary thing that might cause no problems by tomorrow.

Another thing is though that you should make sure not to use the WSE version that was implemented for 0.90, as the 0.93 patch uses a newer WSE version, namely WSE 2.5.2. If you start with the desktop shortcut you should be fine though, still you could try starting with the WSELoader placed in your Vikingr folders "WSE" subfolder to be sure.
Still if you keep having this problem for longer, just write about it and we could try around a bit...

ok just tried again, i'm fine now, no idea what that was

thank you anyway

ignore that, got kicked again, this time i got a script error when kicked i was able to play a bit though

When I click on the Víkingr desktop icon, I get two launchers (no it's not a mouse problem; I've checked). Apparently only one of those will be the proper WSE launcher, and if I choose poorly I won't be able to join a server, getting the usual non-WSE error message.

These are the shortcut's properties:
Target: "C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE\WSELoader.exe" -p ..\..\..\mb_warband.exe -m "Vikingr"
Start in: "C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE"

hrotha said:
When I click on the Víkingr desktop icon, I get two launchers (no it's not a mouse problem; I've checked). Apparently only one of those will be the proper WSE launcher, and if I choose poorly I won't be able to join a server, getting the usual non-WSE error message.

These are the shortcut's properties:
Target: "C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE\WSELoader.exe" -p ..\..\..\mb_warband.exe -m "Vikingr"
Start in: "C:\...\Steam\SteamApps\common\mountblade warband\Modules\Vikingr\WSE"

Nothing is wrong on your part. It's a 'bug' in WSE apperently. Take a look here, there are other people with the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom