Native Completed [NASTe] North American Small Teams Seasonal Ladder [Season 2 Finals]

Season 3 Duel Ladder Format (ALL FIGHTS ARE 1v1)

• Singles (Two players, one set, best of 13)

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Doubles (Four players, two sets, best of 13, winners duel for tiebreaker)

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Team (3 player teams, round-robin format, highest scoring team wins)

Votes: 19 37.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I know, but I think it shows that the Defender crutch may not be as big of a deal as it has been made out to be. Anyway, here's the sceen shots I sent to Marnid, conclude what you will.

MrNomNom said:
Hypothetically, I guess. However, take a look at the screens of almost every time Port Assault was played.

mb_warband%202011-11-27%2000-30-59-086.jpg

1F61D8FFC6378A3E2F7DB8D690D6BF2CE9E10FE3

nqpm36.jpg

op1wde.jpg

mb_warband%202011-11-28%2003-21-09-51.png

2011-12-07_00002.jpg

mb_warband%202011-11-12%2000-00-49-986.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

Might've missed a few, but oh well.

The screenshots for the boat spawn are either very close games or total wipes. A truly balanced map would have a few middle-ground matches that ended something like 5-2 or 5-3. Either one really good team stomps the inside spawn, or an outside team wins through luck or close calls. Conjecture, sure, but the teams that got close calls or lucky wins would probably win more on balanced maps, and that's where you see 5-2s and 5-3s. :neutral:

Now selling T-shirts outside Rhades castle

arthur_he_does_what_he_pleases_tshirt-p235325874952634026t53h_400.jpg

^____^

19.95$ + Shipping and Handling

BUT WAIT THATS NOT ALL

If you call in the next 10 minutes we'll send you a free T-shirt!!!

Just call 1-800-WEEE-PWNU

:razz:

A little on the slow side this time, my mistake, but there's a cancellation that needs to be mentioned. The Grandpaws have cancelled their challenge with King's Militia, and King's Militia is deciding an internal issue regarding their future ladder activity.

Z3ro said:
So its final month and we didnt know  :eek:

[quote author=First Post]The reason teams can't sign up past the 12th of June is because after that date it's the final month of the tournament.[/quote]

:lol:

More (good?) news: GOOD vs. AI has been cancelled.

Guys, I realize it's hard to schedule with American and European teams (I've done it for 2 Nations Cup tournaments) but the key to making it work is to have flexibility on both sides. Your best shot is going to be on weekends, and your best time frame is going to be 3 to 6 PM EST (20 to 23 GMT). This is a North American tournament, so the majority of teams are going to be North American, and if you can't operate within a reasonable time frame for North Americans you're going to have to reconsider your ability to play on the ladder.

Don't take this the wrong way. Nobody is being penalized, and I'm not going to "force" European teams to play their matches after midnight for the sake of American teams. Just be responsible and reasonable with your expectations. If your team has trouble making times, consider roster substitutions, a fixed/predictable schedule, or an alternative solution as you see fit.

Also, I'll put up a poll later today about a possible dueling ladder.

Poll is up. If you're interested in a dueling ladder of a style similar to NASTe (same ladder system, flexible scheduling, finals tournament) then please vote for your preferred format for a dueling ladder.

Rules would be simple: no armor/basic armor only (no Khergit armor), no shields, free weapon choice. Please note: all fights are 1v1.

Here's a more in-depth explanation of each format type:

Singles

This is the format we are all familiar with. One on one, best of 13. It's the simplest format, and guaranteed to be the easiest for all participants, but it's something that has been done before and is not terribly exciting. You'll be free to challenge upwards the same way NASTe allows, although I would anticipate a longer climb because everyone is essentially their own team. The challenge gap would probably be increased to five, to facilitate a more rapid pace.

Doubles

This is the middle-ground format that I personally would prefer. Dueling teams consist of pairs (player 1 and 2). The first players from each team would duel to best of 13, and the second players would duel to best of 13. A victory by any margin counts as a point for a team. If team 1 wins both duels, they earn 2 points and win the match. If team 1 wins a duel and loses a duel, they earn 1 point and team 2 earns 1 point. They are tied, so the winner from team 1 duels the winner from team 2 for a tiebreaker, best of 13. I think this is a relatively simple format, and one that hasn't been thoroughly explored in Warband. It also keeps teams small and easy to manage, leading to a sufficient number of them and easy scheduling.

Team

Teams would consist of 3 players (with one or two extras for subs, if necessary) and matches would consist of 3-way round-robins. Each player on a team fights each player on the opposing team once, and the final score could be rounds won or duels won (duels won would be easier to track, though less accurate). In the case of a tie, each team picks a single duelist for a sudden-death tiebreaker. This format becomes logistically more difficult, because 6 people need to be around for a match to take place and this could potentially slow the ladder. However, this is also a new format that many are unfamiliar with, and it could be exciting. My main concern is confusion with the rule set among teams during matches (leading to improperly played matches).

Back
Top Bottom