Count's Artcorner/ Screenshots of finished items thread

Users who are viewing this thread

adadabw.png

Welcome weary traveler, repose in this thread and marvel at the sight of newly crafted weaponry and armour!
I mainly do retextures so all the credits for the models from various osp packs go to their respective makers.

ashbi.png

Shields:
dfe2.png
dfe.png
aschchch.png
ashlz.jpg

Armour:
centuriioooo.jpg
ashhh.jpg
unled1koh.jpg
ashenbornn.png

Helmets:
66416916.jpg
centtt.jpg

Stay tuned  :wink:

Shiny, though also worn and proven in battle, the ashenborn soldiers are veterans!

Another variation of the ashenborn legionary shield, critisism/ideas are also appreciated  :wink:
aschchch2.png
The idea is to have variation, and different regiments with their own insignia.

Count of Flanders said:
The idea is to have variation, and different regiments with their own insignia.
Like that was with legions in real Roman Empire :smile: (kind of)

critisism/ideas are also appreciated  :wink:
Well, If I may suggest... That metal umbo in the middle of 'scutum' pleads for some better normal and specular maps  :oops:
And Feuding Noble's armour would look totally awesome if that engraving/incrustation on torso was silver or gold or have "stronger" bump-mapping, but that is probably to much work for the effect, so nevermind :razz:

The umbo is indeed something to work on, the normalmap is showing some strange irregularities which I haven't yet figured out how to fix. Concerning the feuding nobles, it was my first real plate armour, so the newer ones will look better, fixing up that one would take indeed too much for too little. Thanks for the heads up.

Excellent all around!

Since you asked for suggestions, here's mine: I think you should remove the blood stains since it's highly unrealistic that the soldiers didn't wash those out after a battle right? The scratches are a great touch and add to the worn out effect, but the blood stains aren't realistic, IMO. If you insist, change the colors of the stains to dark brown instead of bright red because that's what a dried out blood stain would look like.

Other than that, great job.  :grin: 

crianph said:
Excellent all around!

Since you asked for suggestions, here's mine: I think you should remove the blood stains since it's highly unrealistic that the soldiers didn't wash those out after a battle right? The scratches are a great touch and add to the worn out effect, but the blood stains aren't realistic, IMO. If you insist, change the colors of the stains to dark brown instead of bright red because that's what a dried out blood stain would look like.

Other than that, great job.  :grin: 
Dark red and brown stains would be better, I agree :smile:
But it's awesome as it now too :razz:

Concerning ETA, I work every day a bit when I feel like it, right now I'm working on the ashenborn and the phoenix knights (which will probably totally blow your minds  :cool: ).
As I heard a lot of you have been taking arrows to the knee I decided to do something about it, I proudly present, the ashenborn greaves!
greave.png

Back
Top Bottom