Brutality Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

That does make sense. Note that even with brutality mode off, there are already stricter recruiting options - such as not being able to recruit Nobles unless you are a faction member, and Nobles requiring renown to recruit.

Having faction-strict recruiting without brutality mode is an option, though I feel it sort of railroads the player into joining a faction whether they want to or not.

soulmata said:
That does make sense. Note that even with brutality mode off, there are already stricter recruiting options - such as not being able to recruit Nobles unless you are a faction member, and Nobles requiring renown to recruit.

Having faction-strict recruiting without brutality mode is an option, though I feel it sort of railroads the player into joining a faction whether they want to or not.

Well it would be an option of course so if someone chooses to turn it on you can assume they want to be forced to play the game that way.

soulmata said:
Brutality is a pet extension of mine which targets specific areas of the game I feel are imbalanced in favor of the player. It's not going for realism - though I AM striving to maintain non-fake-difficulty for NE by itself. For Brutality, don't expect it to be fair, or reasonable or even playable.
It is playable and great fun if you ask me...  I also play with max ai skill and max damage to player; speed normal.
Day 580+, 130-140 troops @ 3k-6k per week wage cost (depending on how many mercs),
with a "profitable enterprise" up in all but 1 city, (Mostly breweries, 3 iron, 3 wine, 3 oil, 1 tan blahblah),
and I'm still making 2k-3k denars each week without trading or loot.
My last budget report on 120 troops was about -5700 wages +shop profits = +1200 to the bank

The only thing I am stuck on currently is how to actually take my own territory and keep it.
I can join a faction as a merc and take things but I don't know how to keep it after that.
Note: I've never actually set up an independent faction in any M&B game :oops:, even though I've spent probably 500 hours in them.

Chaosegg said:
soulmata said:
Brutality is a pet extension of mine which targets specific areas of the game I feel are imbalanced in favor of the player. It's not going for realism - though I AM striving to maintain non-fake-difficulty for NE by itself. For Brutality, don't expect it to be fair, or reasonable or even playable.
It is playable and great fun if you ask me...  I also play with max ai skill and max damage to player; speed normal.
Day 580+, 130-140 troops @ 3k-6k per week wage cost (depending on how many mercs),
with a "profitable enterprise" up in all but 1 city, (Mostly breweries, 3 iron, 3 wine, 3 oil, 1 tan blahblah),
and I'm still making 2k-3k denars each week without trading or loot.
My last budget report on 120 troops was about -5700 wages +shop profits = +1200 to the bank

The only thing I am stuck on currently is how to actually take my own territory and keep it.
I can join a faction as a merc and take things but I don't know how to keep it after that.
Note: I've never actually set up an independent faction in any M&B game :oops:, even though I've spent probably 500 hours in them.

If you are a merc you can't take a castle/town and keep it. You must wait until your contract expires then take one. However if you don't have enough right to rule, atleast 50, then everyone will war you right away anyways.

Kinsume said:
Chaosegg said:
I am stuck on currently is how to actually take my own territory and keep it.

If you are a merc you can't take a castle/town and keep it. You must wait until your contract expires then take one. However if you don't have enough right to rule, atleast 50, then everyone will war you right away anyways.
Okay, but I don't even see an option to attack/besiege a castle any time,
so maybe I'm just missing something blatantly obvious, but....

Chaosegg said:
Kinsume said:
Chaosegg said:
I am stuck on currently is how to actually take my own territory and keep it.

Okay, but I don't even see an option to attack/besiege a castle any time,
so maybe I'm just missing something blatantly obvious, but....

I have not downloaded the latest version of N.E. yet as Soul keeps announcing Bigger and Better things to come, but...

Just a silly question chaosegg but what is your relations with the faction of the castle you want to take? 
Normally, you'll have to commit an act of war like attack a caravan or a lord from a faction before you can try to take a castle.

In other words you'd have to be on bad terms with someone prior to attacking them.  Other wise you won't see the option.

(Guys, correct me if i'm wrong about this...as is pertains to Native Expansion rules, I.E.)

Lastly, of course you CAN'T keep a castle if you take it as a Merc.  Reason being, you're not even a Vassal of your Liege Lord...you're basically a hired thug.  So you don't really deserve to own/manage properties.

Basic tactics
1) is to watch for battles envolving the faction that hates you.
2) if another faction attacks a castle or town but doesn't take it...and they just leave it weakened.  Then that's your time to jump in and grab it.  But be ready to get jumped by other kings for doing so.

3) Or you can be so powerfull that you could just take the places outright.  Lots of people use the Massive Archer Based attacked scheme...where they just shoot all arrows / leave and repeat untilt he castle is weak enough to take.

I like how some mods, kind of sense this option and "Sally Forth or Sally out" and attack your archers...haha then it could be a massacre for the attackers.  It's a Good option to stop that.

soulmata said:

perhaps the player should have a certain realtion with the faction (10 or 15) to recruit their nobles. also, if the player is a member of a faction he should have a certain relation with another faction (again, 10 or 15) to recruit it's nobles. sounds reasonable.

This option is glorious. My last playthrough was well over an year ago and was bascly a glorious rampaing bloody orgy of khergits all across the map. The Tulgan Bow with two large bags of Ivory arrows didn't help the enemy...

Now finally a challenge , something to force me to adapt.

I gotta say it tho merc troops are no pushovers but it's all about combined arms because unlike a khergit horde they can't steamroll through everyone.

Brutality mode is for chickens , the enemy soldiers are still weaklings ! www.majhost.com/gallery/Uxernome/Capturesdecran/MountAndBlade/NativeExpansionBeta/ . Also , when brutality mode is on every npc gets very old , does it happen to anyone else ???

kabogh said:
Brutality mode is for chickens , the enemy soldiers are still weaklings ! www.majhost.com/gallery/Uxernome/Capturesdecran/MountAndBlade/NativeExpansionBeta/ . Also , when brutality mode is on every npc gets very old , does it happen to anyone else ???

Dude, in the pics you provided... If that's you (bald headed) and in a robe only?  You have a few dark archers pointed right at you? Also it's your companions in ROBES ONLY?

You mean to say you didn't take at least a few arrows????

You're joking right?  I hope so, because NO friggin way BALDY survived without some sort of "Cheat, Hack, amped up Stats or Minimized Damage" on your part.  Let alone your companions. 

Subitai said:
kabogh said:

Dude, in the pics you provided... If that's you (bald headed) and in a robe only?  You have a few dark archers pointed right at you? Also it's your companions in ROBES ONLY?

You mean to say you didn't take at least a few arrows????

You're joking right?  I hope so, because NO friggin way BALDY survived without some sort of "Cheat, Hack, amped up Stats or Minimized Damage" on your part.  Let alone your companions.

Of course it ' s a joke .

Explanation :
" Armour " : +1000 head armour , +1000 body armour , +1000 the other thing armour .
Weapon : 120p , can only swing the weapon right or left .
Actually  , I got hit several times by arrows and swords , but I didn ' t bothered to parry .
One of my companion had legit armour but got knock out early in the battle .
Only half bald .
The old age bug is a lie .

Hi, well first of all great mod... brutality mod its very cool, balanced as "real" with out surgery, with out recruiting on fiefs are not urs, etc. Lot of cool things added since native as auto garrison, strong bandits, large kings party, etc. and the best performance in graphics of all mods i played.

Since this is a fair game i think, my suggestion is when u become King maybe have a extra party size as the AI kings, seams fair to me. Like when u vassal king gift u things, being a king should have benefits.
Extra party size being king can be lot of useful to defend with out vassals at the start of the kingdom. (idk if its implemented or not in the player as in the AI)

edited: now im king and i see i can carry a hundred more,nice  :grin:

urugamer said:
Hi, well first of all great mod... brutality mod its very cool, balanced as "real" with out surgery, with out recruiting on fiefs are not urs, etc. Lot of cool things added since native as auto garrison, strong bandits, large kings party, etc. and the best performance in graphics of all mods i played.

Since this is a fair game i think, my suggestion is when u become King maybe have a extra party size as the AI kings, seams fair to me. Like when u vassal king gift u things, being a king should have benefits.
Extra party size being king can be lot of useful to defend with out vassals at the start of the kingdom. (idk if its implemented or not in the player as in the AI)

edited: now im king and i see i can carry a hundred more,nice  :grin:

I carry my troops on my back. Only if you carry your troops your troops you can call it brutality mode.

i convinced some vassals with put fief to join me with this new option which convince him with out "talking in private", the strange is that every week or less time they lose 5 of relation with me, first i thought it was because i give a city to one, and then other ask me the same city and i give it again but no, i made some test and even if the city they ask u to join u is with out owner all decrease the relation with u very quickly...
its impossible to maintain that pace, my 3 vassals lose like 20 of relation in just a few days. i wish to know if it is a BUG or what.

kabogh said:
Never happened to me. I even have 8 vassals.
ammm perhaps u don used the option to recruit the fief less lords and u just w8 to somebody switched to ur kingdom?

maybe is that option BUG, when u dont need to "talk in private" to them to recruit them!

Back
Top Bottom