Brutality Mode

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm weird try joining a faction.

I always joint one very early and i always used mercs for the first couple weeks just to get the renown to join a faction.

Might be you can only recruit from a faction you've joint.

Would make sense since it prevents you from taking swadian knights nord infantry and vaegir archers and force's you to pick carefully.

mesor said:
Hmmm weird try joining a faction.

I always joint one very early and i always used mercs for the first couple weeks just to get the renown to join a faction.

Might be you can only recruit from a faction you've joint.

Would make sense since it prevents you from taking swadian knights nord infantry and vaegir archers and force's you to pick carefully.

They don't let you join a faction in brutality mode

Lol ive done that to.

I gotta find out how much hes changed this is confusing me now.

But i dunno then maybe you need higher renown to convince them joining you is worth the risk.

Mesor I think Brutality is turned off for you.  All the things you are able to do are things brutality should be restricting.

soulmata said:
Brutality Mode in .604b forces you to deal with:
* The surgery skill is disabled, for both you and companions (You can still assign points to it, but the effective skill level will always be '0'.
* The Training skill receives a -4 penalty, for both you and companions (You can still assign points to it, but the effective skill level will always be at a -4 penalty)
* The long term wounding, lord rebellion, town rebellion, companion conflict and strict noble recruit systems will be forced on
* The strict recruiting system (faction-only recruits) will be forced on
* The player can never join a kingdom nor receive an offer of vassalage
How do I know which faction I am if I can't join a faction? I assume the starting point determines it.

You are your own faction.  You have to take a castle or town and then you can recruit from the villages that you (or your vassals) own.

Ive checked mine again brutality is turned on.
But meh i started a new run with a fresh install and its just as easy.
Bit of running round picking off weaker bandits sold the loot hired merc cavalry rinse and repeat for bout 45 mins and now 8 hours in ive got a merc band of 55 men and am steam rolling bandits across the map with ease with about 75000 roughly saved up that i aint got round to spending yet.

brzi said:
so, before i take a castle, the only way of recruiting troops is hiring mercs at taverns?

Get creative. You've got numerous ways to recruit prisoners:

1) Hire mercs. Easiest, fastest, most expensive.
2) Fight small bands of bandits with prisoners (often peasant women/farmers) and free them. Difficult, slow, rewarding.
3) Jump in on large lord parties attacking large groups of bandits with a lot of prisoners. You'll get the chance to recruit the rescued prisoners, proportional to your army size vs the lords army size. Easy, pretty slow, high chance of success.
4) Take all the captives you can when doing 2 & 3 and start converting prisoners to soldiers like mad. Very difficult.
5) Conscript villagers. Very easy, very fast, but earns you a bad reputation.

There are many ways to get soldiers.

thanx, i forgot about all that. the thing is - i like to keep my troops tidy, swadian cavalry, vaegir archers and nothing else, but that's just me *****ing.

actually i used to recruit priests/paladins by luring them to attack bigger parties, after the fight i would just attack the other party and "rescue" the priests/paladins  :mrgreen:

Hey guys there´s something that should be fixed for this mod. I was doing random quests for Vaegir lords and one of them told me that he wanted me to hire me as a merc. I accepted and I could recruit from villages without problem, and got the protection of the whole kingdom now. This seems a bit cheap to me and really easy to just become a merc as soon as you start out and just be able to recruit soldiers from the faction and be good to go.

My suggestion:
Make it so you can´t be hired as a merc by any kingdom beacuse it´s pretty much the same thing as being a vassal except even quicker and you can´t own fiefs. Thanks I loved Brutality so far.

Subitai said:
I know you're sick of me suggesting this every few months or so...but what would really go well with Brutality mode or any "Extra Difficulty" train of thought is:

Choppable or hackdown Doors during Sieges.  Why Not?  Multiplayer has it so it must be possible.

I'd rather have that scary possibility to watch out for then to look for 2 laters on a wall.    Not that all the beautiful work Done for the Siege add on was not appreciated.  Excellent job for those.

Even if you can't get the AI to run different routes  (ala one group to ladder and a seperate group to assault a door)  It still would be a Great single player option to be able to tell your HEROS to follow me and run to the back of a castle and chop the door down.

That would ROCK!  Somebody has to agree with that?????
"O"

I'd second that.

I think a good idea for brutality mode would be to include the quick character option. Of course then you wouldn't be able to have the option of waiting until level 3. You could enable surgery, and take away the -4 to trainer, since that quick character is brutal itself.

soulmata said:
Richard1 said:
Cool! Awesome! Can you make an option for faction only recruits- only?!  :mrgreen:

I don't understand the question... elaborate please.

Split off the faction recruiting function from the main brutality mod and make it as a separate option. Some of the brutality quirks don't make me happy to play with them but that faction only recruiting option sounds like it could be a really good roleplaying tweak that I'd be happy to play with. Could you make that into a separate option when the screen comes up during character creation to enable the brutality mod just include another option to make the faction recruiting only thing turn on.

Does that make sense I'm not sure if I can clarify that any more. Faction only recruiting = yes. Everything else = do not want.

Understand?

Back
Top Bottom