Transatlantic Server Testing - For a better gaming

Users who are viewing this thread

Maynd

Grandmaster Knight
cbaleline.png

In order to provide a decent alternative and fair gaming in the Nations Cup, we are providing some IP's for you to test, if the results turnout to be good we will gather some efforts to make it work.

Has you can see, there are two portuguese Island in the middle of the Ocean, the best one to provide a good server would be Azores for NA and Madeira for SA. I have a friend there that might be up to set up a dedicated server. Azores its almost halfway between Europe and America, 4000 km from America and 1430 km from Portugal, also almost 4000 from Central Europe.

IP Address: 81.20.240.40 Location: Azores (For NA & EU)

IP Address: 85.241.68.55 Location: Madeira (For SA& EU)

IP Address: 82.221.28.190 Location: Iceland (For NA & EU)

How to test this IP'S?
Tutorial: http://www.wikihow.com/Ping-an-IP-Address

After you get the results just fill this form

Code:
[b]IP:[/b]
[b]Your Location:[/b]
[b]Minimum-Maximum-Average:[/b]

Portugal - 22
Holland - 78

Portugal - 37
Holland - 78
Brasil - 271
Uk - 89
Sweden - 98

Portugal - 74
Holland - 72
Sweden - 93 | 79

ATTENTION: The first IP I gave for Azores was wrong, if possible, test it again.

Maynd said:
Azores its almost halfway between Europe and America, 4000 km from America and 1430 km from Portugal

4000 + 1430 = 5430

5430 / 2 = 2715

Off by 1285 both ways. Definitely not "almost halfway."

Also, I saw your pic fail. I won't tell anyone, though.

The ping on that IP is really jumpy for me. I get around 40 average I guess but lots of spiking.

Another possibility for US/EU (although not Brazil :razz:) is Iceland. Would be interested to see some ping testing here: 82.221.28.190 (50-55 for me)

Chaingun said:
It was as fair as it's going to get.
I'm not personally saying pings had anything to do with our loss against France, they're frighteningly good D:

What I will say, though, is that if any of us dirty-poor Canadians could afford our own server, our home server pings would have been rather different.

I averaged out the pings for both teams:

Team_USA server:
Canada - 58.4375
France - 117.3125

IG_NC2012 server:
Canada - 138.25
France - 41.25

As you can see, the gap between the teams' pings are ~59 on Team_USA, whereas the gap is ~97 on IG_NC2012.

Again, I don't blame our loss on these differences; we just might have performed a little better with less of a difference. If our home server had been a Central US server, France's pings would have been a bit higher, but it would have evened out the ping differences for both servers.

Edit: Just noticed Alex added the Balion War Room as a viable server. I no longer have anything to complain about :razz:

Maynd: 43/65/49 from Holland. My internet is quite good and I have around the lowest ping on my team (FYI).
Flust: 70/90/76

It's : Minimum/Maximum/Average

I think that on iceland my team would still play close to the 100 ping (sometimes over 100), and on the Azores we would play with around 60 ping I'd guess.

Lust IP: 74 ms average.
Regarding Iceland, I've been searching a lot about this transatlantic server, seen many forums raising the same issues has we are raising now. Iceland pops out to be always the alternative, mainly because there is no dedicated server providers in Azores. Although I've seen people stating that Iceland pings are quite unstable due to unknown reasons, also having a server there would only solve the issue for northern Europeans.
On other good news, there is a server hosting company operating in Madeira and I found one also in Azores, mainly operating with server/web hosting. I've sent emails to check their availability towards game hosting.
I would be good if we could engage more serious testing, but how?

Maynd said:
Lust IP: 74 ms average.
Regarding Iceland, I've been searching a lot about this transatlantic server, seen many forums raising the same issues has we are raising now. Iceland pops out to be always the alternative, mainly because there is no dedicated server providers in Azores. Although I've seen people stating that Iceland pings are quite unstable due to unknown reasons, also having a server there would only solve the issue for northern Europeans.
On other good news, there is a server hosting company operating in Madeira and I found one also in Azores, mainly operating with server/web hosting. I've sent emails to check their availability towards game hosting.
I would be good if we could engage more serious testing, but how?
Well if you can make contact with them, the best thing to do would be to ask them to set up a test server. Deathmatch or something just where we can go and see if it's suitable. Any decent server hosting company would be willing to do that for a few days or so.

Will do so.
Meanwhile. got this ping for Madeira, this will be only for EU and SA teams, NA players will have horrible pings on this one.
Madeira - 85.241.68.55

Maynd said:
Will do so.
Meanwhile. got this ping for Madeira, this will be only for EU and SA team, NA will have horrible pings on this one
Madeira - 85.241.68.55
Solid 86-89 (same as New York for me) and it seems very stable. However, I don't really think it's worth investing in server for the sole purpose of EU vs SA matches...

Thanks for your input, I will follow Chaingun suggestion and make a proper thread for this.
The Azores IP seems to be very unstable, I will get another one and start  new batteries of test.

Lust, please delete all the previous posts since the IP from Azores its wrong so all the tests are invalid.
The op its up to date, i made some mistakes on the Azores IP so I will ask you to test it again.
Best regards

IP: Azores
Your Location: Portugal
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 22|24|22

IP: Madeira
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 36|38|37

IP: Iceland
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 74|75|74

Maynd said:
Will do so.
Meanwhile. got this ping for Madeira, this will be only for EU and SA team, NA will have horrible pings on this one
Madeira - 85.241.68.55

erm... I got 266ms, 267ms, 266ms and 271ms with that ip...

Ikaguia said:
Maynd said:
Will do so.
Madeira - 85.241.68.55

erm... I got 266ms, 267ms, 266ms and 271ms with that ip...

Dam, seems to dam high, can you ask your fellow members to also test this?

IP: Azores
Your Location: Holland
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 70/91/78

IP: Madeira
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 74/96/80

IP: Iceland
Minimum-Maximum-Average: 70/77/72

I have the lowest/one of the lowest ping of my team. So average should be roughly +10 ping for my team.

Back
Top Bottom