[Werewolf: Archives] Werewolf - Monster House

Users who are viewing this thread

Taimat396

Baron
Welcome to the never before seen hit new reality show, where we pit a bunch of murderous assholes mindwiped assholes Totally not previous contestants that have been brainwashed and put against each other for a prize that may or may not be survival and/or restoration of their mental faculties. It's a ****ing murder mystery! Not that we condone any killing that may or may not take place. So here's how it's going to work - each of our contestants will remotely control one of these mindslaves willing participants and try to discover who wants them dead. Or try not to be discovered, as the case may be.  At the end of the day, the residents will all vote for whomever they like the least. Whoever has the most votes is promptly incinerated, and the controller volunteers to be a member of the next house. Fun stuff.

Statements that may or may not be legal issues aside, let's take a look at our contestants!

On the blue team:
These guys win if the red team is killed. No problem.
The innocents! Two of them, to be precise. They can do nothing of note. Worth noting that they're actually about as innocent as Gary Glitter, but yeah. One dead!
The lunatic! Like an innocent, but the psychic will think him a villain upon scanning. Oops. Doesn't know it himself.
The healer! The only genuine nice guy here. He can protect people once per day, or once every two days whip up a potion that will protect someone from a single kill. Only one at a time though.
The Vampire! He's a nice guy. Kinda ****ty as far as vamps go, can't help but kill his victims. Damn shame. Doesn't even sparkle, lazy sod.
The Hunter! He follows people. They visit someone, he knows. They visit multiple someones, they know. Don't learn what actually took place, though.
The Stalker! Unlike the Hunter, he's quite content to sit back and watch. Doesn't even visit them. He does, however, learn of everyone who DID visit them.
The Psychic! He can send an extra anonymous message per day which can be responded to without using one of your own messages. You'll know it's the actual psychic this way, too. He can also scan people who have messaged him at night, or block one of them.

And on the bastard Red team:
They win if they outnumber everyone else. They have a disadvantage in that they won't know their allies until the first night.
The Mindflayer! In addition to the nightly kill, he can temporarily erase someone's memories, leaving them unable to act that night.
The Whisperer! In addition to the nightly kill, he can send messages during the day that will appear to be from somebody else. So if you get a message from say Grimmend claiming to be the Cyborg, chances are it's this guy.

And the wildcard. This can be one of three things, you won't know until he's dead.
The Thief can steal items from people. If they don't have an item, he has a 25% chance to 'find' one.
The Mindworm can convert someone to his cause. This has the unfortunate side effect of the mindworm's head exploding.
The Trapper. This guy doesn't give a **** - He'll lay traps at someone's room. You visit them, they kill you. They're only good for one kill, though, Any additional visits to his target beyond the first will cause his traps to be identified. The people that visit and survive will know who he is.

And finally, the suicidal purple team!
The Cyborg. He never asked for this. He wins if the residents of the house vote to incinerate him. He loses if he dies any other way. He can visit someone each night and learn random scraps of information about them and anyone who visits them.

Right, so, playerlist:

SootShade
Facemelter

Viera
Bgfan
Xardob
Adaham
Catholic
Magorian
Mahud
Quaillover
Whoopin
Haresus

Aaand the rules.

Won't list the basics, you all know them.

Messages: Each player may send a maximum of two messages per day to me, with a recipient. I'll pass them along. Roles that have extras can send them as specified. There is a SMALL (5%) chance of a message leaking. 50/50 chance that a leaked message will also leak the sender. I will post leaked messages in the thread. Note that there ARE items that can affect this - A nasty one in particular will, when used, cause any sent or recieved messages by the target to be leaked, with senders. May or may not ever actually come up, but the chance is there.
One thing - If you go ahead and ask if someone sent/recieved a message saying X in the thread, the other team will instantly recieve an item. Can do it if you want, might even have to, but the penalty still applies.

Items: Once per day an item will be given to a player. This is for the most part random, but will lean towards keeping the game interesting. If the town's on lylo by day 2, chances are they're gonna get something nice. Nothing's certain, though. They're mostly small things, but as above can be pretty nasty if used correctly. You're all unwillin participants in a telepath blood sport. Of course the host is an *******. If someone for some reason starts actively sabotaging their team, they may well end up with an exploding breakfast.

Claims: Anything goes. You want to spoof a PM where I say you're innocent? Go for it. You want to claim the psychic just sent you an anonymous message saying he checked you and you're clear? Go right ahead.

Deadlines: Roughly seven days for a day, 48 hours for a night. Will be extended as needed, but for the most part, that's it. Oh, and the deadlines in the title? Those are for 12:00 of that day. If your post say's 03/03/2012, it's past the deadline.

Random hints: Be ****ing careful. You do NOT have to use all of your abilities every day. Doing so is probably a bad idea.

Day 1, the wolves don't actually know who each other are. Bear this in mind when you start looking back at early posts.

The whisperer can't spoof a psychic message. If you get one with no sender, it's from the psychic, 100%.

While you can't look at day one posts for buddying/distancing like usual, the wolves DO still need to do something different from the village - Everyone needs to try and figure out who the wolves are at this stage. The wolves then need to make an argument to lynch someone else. Arguments tend to have inconsistencies if they're founded on a lie.

The game isn't just town vs cyborg and the wolves. Once the game gets to the later stages, the cyborg is going to have to try to prevent the wolves from winning while trying to get himself lynched. Conversely, the wolves need to point the lynch away from them but ALSO find the cyborg and make sure he isn't lynched.

I may be inactive for the first few days. Performed an upgrade motherboard was disfunctional, and now a majority of my parts have ceased to function, leaving me with a barely running piece of **** after spending $500... Of course if somebody can help me figure out why my GPU fan is working and yet it doesn't appear in the device manager, that'd be great.

At first I read that as Mahud sent you a psychic message, but then I realised I had misread. Was about to go on a big "U SO WOLFY" rant.  :lol:

Though I could also point out just saying that you recieved a message saying you are cleared is fairly wolfy(at least this early in the game :razz: ), and then I could point out that chances are the psychic doesn't know your role, then I could just point out it seems like a joke post. I'll let it slide because Calo set that joke up.

One thing I think we have to get straight. This cyborg. We have to keep him alive, yes? What if we incinerate him Day 1, does the game end?

Oh, and we have to vote first post?
vote: Adaham, because I must.

Vieira said:
One thing I think we have to get straight. This cyborg. We have to keep him alive, yes? What if we incinerate him Day 1, does the game end?

Read the role description. lynch him = he wins day 1. Figure out who it is and have the vamp nom him, he loses. Wolves nom him, he loses. You really don't want to lynch him day 1.

Yeah, I was worried thinking his role. I just felt it a bit odd that if he died day 1 then the game finishes. I guess this gives us a valid start-game reason to no-lynch now.

I do not think we need to use a no-lynch; depending on who the Borg is, it may be fairly easy to tell who they are. And even if the Borg is a talented player like Add Ham or Xardob or Whooooooooopin or Locke or etc., we are not likely to lynch them on the first day.

We have a small playerlist, bear that in mind. It's a 1 in 12 chance we lynch the cyborg, and a 2 in 12 chance we lynch a baddie. I'm not entirely sure if those odds are worth it, especially if the cyborg plays well,  in which case the odds just go up. A nolynch might actually be the best idea.

I didn't say we had to, I just said it means we have a valid reason to use a no-lynch(which I would normally be against, except against specific reasons usually related to end-game).

Eternal said:
We have a small playerlist, bear that in mind. It's a 1 in 12 chance we lynch the cyborg, and a 2 in 12 chance we lynch a baddie. I'm not entirely sure if those odds are worth it, especially if the cyborg plays well,  in which case the odds just go up. A nolynch might actually be the best idea.

There is actually a 3/12 chance to lynch a baddie (8 innocents, 1 Borg, 3 scumbags). Anyways, we are not lynching completely randomly; once the day progresses, we will know more about the players which obviously will help us figure out what players may be the Borg. If anything, the odds of lynching the Borg on Day 1 are less than 1/12.

Nipplemelter said:
Bote: MaHuD

Hes such a confusing bastard; I fuggin' hate playing with him.
Nipplemelter said:
Also, he psychic just sent me an anonymous message saying he checked me and I am cleared.
Nipplemelter said:
Vieira said:
I'll let it slide because Calo set that joke up.

dat wuz whole point

You're in a strangely good mood.  :???:

Vieira said:

You need not, but maybe you want to? First you speculate about the Cyborg and next thing you random-vote the one guy that is most likely to show absolutely no humor whatsoever and is probably gonna go OMGUS on your ass right off the bat.

The thing speaking in your favor is that as a villain you were very classy and I doubt you'd try to get yourself lynched that blatantly. Still, I'm not gonna give you the pleasure of an OMGUS-vote.

vote: Locke Better do this before he starts getting on my nerves.

Eternal said:
In the case we are massively confused and the main suspect is MaHuD, yes. Otherwise, no.

That said, I think we first have to notice that Calo basically means this whole game is actually a big ****ing WIFOM. Not lynching just randomly might be advisable.

Adaham said:
Nipplemelter said:
Bote: MaHuD

Hes such a confusing bastard; I fuggin' hate playing with him.
Nipplemelter said:
Also, he psychic just sent me an anonymous message saying he checked me and I am cleared.
Nipplemelter said:
Vieira said:
I'll let it slide because Calo set that joke up.

dat wuz whole point

You're in a strangely good mood.  :???:

Vieira said:

You need not, but maybe you want to? First you speculate about the Cyborg and next thing you random-vote the one guy that is most likely to show absolutely no humor whatsoever and is probably gonna go OMGUS on your ass right off the bat.

The thing speaking in your favor is that as a villain you were very classy and I doubt you'd try to get yourself lynched that blatantly. Still, I'm not gonna give you the pleasure of an OMGUS-vote.

This is a great place to start, my ego tells me Facemelter is evil and this was possibly a distance tactic. If Face comes up positive then we can whoop Adaham next!

Incinerate: Facemelter

Crap just remembered that the wolves dont know each other. Damnit, but I asked my ego again and Facemelter is still doomed.

Back
Top Bottom