Standard Weapons Upgrade Project (v1.2 lite, pg36) Open Source read pg40

Users who are viewing this thread

SWUPlite v1.1 fixed
It should be much better this time. Also, I reworked both the battle_ax and iron_ax, and added the heavy_lance/great lance(ingame) and the broadsword but without a scabbard. Latter two are no longer in native but I included them anyway.
I tested a little but no promises. Please post impressions, suggestions.
Talon

I would love to help with the texturing but I really need some practice, I can work every day and I have some experience.

95Rifles, what would you like to try? Do you want to make new textures from scratch, modify existing ones, or use a native texture as is (ex, weapons_3.dds)?
What I'm looking for is to start working on weapon_meshes_b.brf, particularly the thrown items. I've remade the francisca and javelin meshes, but they have some shading issues that I'm trying to work out in the little time I get to work on fun stuff. So, what I need is a new DDS to replace that particular one (the name eludes me at the moment) with better and bigger detail in the texture.

Oh my God, itis absolutly amazing!

You are my masters.

What do you think about remake hammers? Only maul is good... In my opinion sledgehammer and warhammer sucks. Standard hammmer too.

Frank

I did everything it said in the instructions and when loading the ini file it gives me a error on how it can't load a certain file.

I have one other mod installed, its the attack animation. Are the two mods compatible together or am I doing something wrong with the installation?  :?:

Is that your daughter in your avatar?

She's so adorable I want to squish her. (In a non-homicidal way.)

Anyways, I heard rumour of new throwing axe (francisca) and javelin models?

Yes, squish away.

And, sorry about the throwing ax and jav, once I promised them to you I was overcome by feelings of inadequacy. You will get them soon.

Talon said:
Which version are you using?

1.011. Sorry for not clarifying.

This is the other mod I'm using currently.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,57607.0.html

Not sure if your mod and that one are compatible with one another, but I sure hope so.

Sorry. There are at least two versions of SWUP and they are installed differently. With the lite version all you need to do is replace your old weapon_meshes1.brf with the new one in your CommonRes folder. However, for the one from the repository it is a little more complicated. Weapon_meshes1.brf (or whatever its named in that version) goes into Module>Native>Resource, the textures go into Module>Native>Textures, and you have to change the .ini to load weapon_meshes1.brf from mod resources. I think this is how its done someone else set up the repository version so I've never done it.
So the lite version should be compatible with every mod, but the other with only the mod it is under. You could modify the installation of the regular version to be outside the module system.

Talon said:
Sorry. There are at least two versions of SWUP and they are installed differently. With the lite version all you need to do is replace your old weapon_meshes1.brf with the new one in your CommonRes folder. However, for the one from the repository it is a little more complicated. Weapon_meshes1.brf (or whatever its named in that version) goes into Module>Native>Resource, the textures go into Module>Native>Textures, and you have to change the .ini to load weapon_meshes1.brf from mod resources. I think this is how its done someone else set up the repository version so I've never done it.
So the lite version should be compatible with every mod, but the other with only the mod it is under. You could modify the installation of the regular version to be outside the module system.

Care to link me? With the lite version I only get the brf file it doesn't come with textures.

The lite version does not come with textures as it uses the high quality textures that come with the vanilla game. Plug and play.

Talon said:
The lite version does not come with textures as it uses the high quality textures that come with the vanilla game. Plug and play.

Oh cool trying now!

EDIT: So I simply copy the brf file to the Resource folder, and than go into the ini configuration and add the weapon_meshes1.brf. Then I'm set?

OK copied the brf to the resource folder, and added the new line to load it. I still haven't noticed a difference.

If you are adding it to a module, (ie, Modules>Native) then, yes, drop the BRF into the Resource folder. Then, in the INI configuration file change this line:
load_resource = weapon_meshes1
to this:
load_mod_resource = weapon_meshes1

If, however, you wish the changes to effect the game no matter which mod you are using, drop the BRF into Mount&Blade>CommonRes, and change nothing else.

Talon said:
If you are adding it to a module, (ie, Modules>Native) then, yes, drop the BRF into the Resource folder. Then, in the INI configuration file change this line:
load_resource = weapon_meshes1
to this:
load_mod_resource = weapon_meshes1

If, however, you wish the changes to effect the game no matter which mod you are using, drop the BRF into Mount&Blade>CommonRes, and change nothing else.

Neat. Thanks for clearing it up for me, I'm still somewhat new to modding the game.

Back
Top Bottom