A guide of the players, by the players, for the players

Users who are viewing this thread

Duh

Duke
Duh said:
This is a request for the players of the mod with too much time on their hands:

I would very much appreciate a starter guide and a (seperate) late-game guide, which adress the different features and explains how to use them efficiently for playing. Especially the starter guide should be more of a short overview, which allows the inexperienced player to take a quick look and get started. I would be happy to help folks with this, if they have a question regarding a game mechanic or whatnot and if things turn out well, i want to add these guides into the mod.

Cheers,
Duh

Feel free to use this topic to propose a guide, make suggestions, critique, etc.

ruralvirginian said:
SomethingMoreUnique said:
So, I've been playing Mount and Blade for a while now. Mostly Native and Blood&Steel. I download and installed Floris yesterday and am loving all the features of it. The only problem is my troops get massacred when I fight bandits. I'll have 25 (made up of 2 companions, Swadian militia, archers, and peasants) against their 15 and all my troops will get killed. I pick off the enemy with archers and then charge with my infantry when they're close enough, but that doesn't seem to do it.

Any advice and appreciated.

Somethingmoreuniqu:

Everyone has different strategies with dealing with the various bandit groups.  Each region of Calradia has their own 'specialty' and here is my general notes and strategies for each:

Looters are generic to all Calradia.  They are essentially the local townsmen and villagers who have opted to follow Al Capone's advice that you can go further with a smile and a sword than you can with a smile alone.  They are lightly armed and armored and can be easily tackled with your own forces at a ratio of 2:1 (if 20 Looters you can defeat them with a force of 10, etc.)

In the Rhodock Mountains you will come across mountain bandits.  Mountain bandits are armed with crossbows, swords and polearms.  Their highland armor and shields place them in the I2/A2 category which, coupled with the terrain, can give a low-level force a run for it's money.  Low-level forces should engage only at 1:1 ratios or greater (1 friendly force per 1 mountain bandit.)  Mountain bandits will normally close to within crossbow range (they carry hunting and light crossbows) and begin to pepper your force.  Unless you have a predominant archer force you need to move quickly to engage mountain bandits as crossbow bolts have a nasty tendency to do major damage.  My general tactic is to place my infantry in the front in with shieldwall formation, archers behind them and begin advancing to engage the bandits - hopefully before they get a chance to deploy into their crossbow formations.  Once upon -and in the midst- of the mountain bandits their organization quickly crumbles and and it becomes a mop -up operation.

On the Swadian plains you will find the forest bandits.  Like their mountain cousins they are primarily an archer force, only they are armed with bows and have near Vaegir speed.  They are more heavily armored but their tactics are similar - close in to within bow range and then proceed to shower your forces with arrows.  The tactical solution is the same as well.  Infantry in shieldwall formation with archers behind.  Advance on the bandits until you are close enough for a quick charge, preferably while they are still advancing on you, so as to break up their organization and prevent them from using their most potent weapon - the bow.

In both of these instances I did not bring up cavalry.  This is because in early game a low-level force dos not have much cavalry available.  If you do have cavalry then deploy them so as to strike the rear of the bandits as you are advancing.  A horseman swinging swords, sabers, etc will break up the bandits cohesion quickly which allows the infantry the opportunity to close quickly without shielding the incoming missiles.

Along the Nordish coast you will find the Sea Raiders.  The Raiders are well armored and aggressive and fight like their Nordish cousins.  As such you need different tactics to deal with them.  I will place my archers to the front (advance then spreadout) ) with infantry in shieldwall formation behind.  Sea Raiders will charge towards you, depending on the shock of the charge to break your line.  As they advance their own line begins to look like a spearpoint with 1-3 individuals being the spearhead.  The object here is have your archers/crossbowmen soften the oncoming line as much as possible and then charge with your infantry through the archers spreadout position to blunt the Sea Raider's charge and overwhelm it with your own.  Much of the Sea Raider arsenal is made up axes and spears couples with good armor.  Tangle with Sea Raiders only when you have overwhelming forces (3+:1) as you ill be taking casualties.

In the snows of Veagir you will come across the Taiga Bandits.  Not as heavily armored as the Sea Raiders, they are quicker and use javelin-type weapons that are very deadly to lightly armored troops.  Their tactics are similar as the Sea Raiders and the countertactics is the same as well.  Again - take on Taiga bandits if you have troops in the I3-I4 range because they are tough nuts to crack.

In both cases the best tactical unit to use against Raiders and Taigas is cavalry.  Deploying cavalry to strike the flank or rear will quickly shatter their lines and send them scattering.  However, your cavalry has to be at least 50% of the attacking enemy (if they have 10 Sea Raiders you need at least 10 cavalry) to make a difference otherwise they will be quickly chewed up.  Couple a cavalry charge with an infantry charge for guaranteed victory.

On the Khergit steppes are the steppe bandits.  Feared by some, I find the steppe bandits to be handily defeated by holding ones position and pressing "stand closer" 3-4 times so as to compact the troops as much as possible.  Steppe bandits rely on the speed and weight of the cavalry charge to shatter the enemy line and in the ensuing melee use the height advantage  a mounted man has over a dismounted man to win the fight.  The steppe bandit charge, however, is shattered instead as it cannot penetrate the my massed force and they in turn are chewed up as they cannot defend against the longer swords and pole arms of my defenders.  If you have cavalry then order them to charge after the initial bandit charge hits your massed forces.  This will keep your casualties lower as the surviving bandits from the initial charge will turn to to their bows unless they're being chased by your horse-soldiers.

In the Serrinid desert you will find the desert bandits.  The desert bandits, themselves, are as easily defeated as the steppe bandits.  The desert bandits, however, bring along a big caveat - the Black Khergit.    A level 6/7 cavalryman in heavy armor carrying a wicked sword/hammer/lance who laughs at massed infantry.  DO NOT attempt to battle Black Khergits unless you have some high level forces to counter them. Two or three Black Khergits in a desert bandit band will mean a bad day for low-level or even medium level troops.  10+ can very well mean disaster.

In summary then:

Against Looters, mountain and forest bandits:  Infantry in front in shieldwall formation, archers behind and
advance on enemy until close enough to charge without breaking your formation to much.  If you have cavalry use to strike enemy rear.

Against Sea Raiders and Taiga bandits: Archers spreadout in front , infantry in shield formation  in rear.  Let the enemy advance on you using the time to allow the archers t soften the advancing forces, have infantry advance through the archer's lines and strike the bandits/raiders before they get a chance to fully deploy their axes and javelins. If you have cavalry strike on flanks or rear.

Against steppe and desert bandits: hold position, stand closer (X3 or 4), and let them crash upon you.  After initial charge, counter charge with your cavalry (if available).
In closing allow me to offer these additional tactical points:

1. Try never to charge the enemy without being in formation first.  This will allow the enemy to concentrate on you in piecemeal fashion  and will result in higher casualties.

2. Try never to make a frontal assault (especially with cavalry) against a fixed enemy (meaning he's already in position waiting for you.)  In the best-case scenario your casualties will be high, in the worst-case scenario you will be beaten back.

3. Black Khergits are a bad, bad thing to have to face when they are your foe, and are a real joy if they make up part of your cavalry force.

Companion Information:
Windyplains said:
    NPC #   
COMPANION        DISLIKES              DISLIKES              LIKES                    THIS PERSON'S SUPPORT IS OBJECTED BY
1​
BorchaDeshaviGhazwanMarnidLezalit
2​
MarnidBaheshturNadiaBorchaKlethi
3​
YmiraOdvalSajjadAlayenBaheshtur
4​
RolfBundukDeshaviSajjadFirentis
5​
BaheshturMarnidKatrinGhazwanFloris
6​
FirentisKatrinNizarFlorisMatheld
7​
DeshaviBorchaRolfKlethiEdwyn
8​
MatheldJeremusEdwynNizarMarnid
9​
AlayenFlorisOdvalYmiraBorcha
10​
BundukRolfLezalitKatrinDeshavi
11​
KatrinFirentisBahesturBundukArtimenner
12​
JeremusMatheldArtimennerOdvalNizar
13​
NizarNadiaFirentisMatheldBunduk
14​
LezalitEdwynBundukArtimennerKatrin
15​
ArtimennerGhazwanJeremusLezalitRolf
16​
KelthiSajjadFlorisDeshaviJeremus
17​
FlorisKelthiAlayenFirentisGhazwan
18​
NadiaMarnidNizarEdwynAlayen
19​
OdvalYmiraAlayenJeremusSajjad
20​
SajjadYmiraKlethiRolfNadia
21​
GhazwanBorchaArtimennerBaheshturOdval
22​
EdwynMatheldLezalitNadiaYmira

Note: Data taken from script_initialize_npcs and current for Floris 2.5.

Hi.

I want to give an advice or two too :razz:.
This is a nice money guide    (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,216384.0.html  ) - i do the same thing BUT

First - look a spot on the map where u are going to settle - i mean like I did - Praven/Suno...
Then the nearest 4-5 towns use the new banking system to have money in the super late game when if u have like 10 000 - 15 000 or more gold to pay in a week to troops so u can pay them without always selling bandits/ captuered prisoners. I mean that so late better to get rid of all (walkaries,slave crushers - or u can also put them on the bottom of your party window when you don't fight and the opposite also. But this way u loose like atleast 40-50 people to get prisoners AND against enemy lord with really good army or a lot of enemy troops u need 6-7 tiers of strongest units in the game.) So like i am for now - day 100(third optional try) i get like from Suno/Praven/UXhal like 40 000 and i will max in Veluca to get 50 000.This way every 2 months u get like 40 000 and u pay for the army(my army - 160man almost all tier 5-7, + around 20 companions) - 8000-1000 money per week or something. This way you will have all the money u need in the super late game(ofcourse late contioniue to invest in the banks(money landers...)

This was my advice for the money system ( I still hope to see a new patch that u take all the money from 1 place... :grin: )
So about the entire begining of the game.

First like i do with this character just get to level 10-15...Max your archery(if u want to in later game) and Power Strike,Iron flesh to 6-7 atleast.
Then u max your inteligence to 35-40(i am still like to 25-35 or something...level 24-25 ...)When u have like 40 inteliggence Per a kill I THINK(not sure did not play since 4 days) - u get from a tier 6-7 troop like 560xp and because of the intelligence u get 700-800 or smh. I think that I explained everything here like an idiot but still this is one of the best tactics i think.In the super late game u must not wait like 20-50 days for a level u know..this is easier and faster and Ofcourse THE most important thing:

With this intelligence max - the party map speed, party see range,wound treatment,the bonus after a battle that heroes regain hp,the 4% per level chance a dude get's knocked out rather than go to god.<<<!!! also some other important intelligence stuff(persuasion at 10 > 100% !!).For the all left use like Artimennter and Jeremus - for engeniiring,and alll...(play with them max them same way...have all PARTY skills to 10 If u can.)For looting and foraging pick a random guy max 6-7 PW,IF.THen only agility and theese 2 + other bonuses for him.So after u max inteligence to 35-40 then max all IF,PW,PD and all to 10.
Then u coud max shield,athletics,horse archery - Agility skills and other to 4-5-10 BUT then it will be still so hard to get levels so better just go to straitgh Charisma and other skills(LEADERSHIP!!!). Forgot to say - before that all to level 4-5 atleast... YOu can max PM to level 10 in char expor (easier but so frustrating to sell 20-30 prisoners per course rather than 50. If u are like to day 500-1000 ( I never  made it so far :grin:) U will have almost everything needed at MAX. U can either max all agility fighning bonuses OR STH so u are like 120hp ++ OR ofcourse to spam CHAR for more army(i am talking about level 70+ or smh iv'e seen really nice pictures ^^)

I think i only explained all the skills and money in the early/late game. There are simply so so many things but I think this is the basic of the
basic in this nice mod :smile: . I hope i helped and that u will understand most of the things i said :grin: .

Modify message
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 10:54:58 PM by don viktorio »
Report to moderator  46.10.81.251

krnja21 said:
The first thing i try to do in the beginning is get a few manhunters and level them up. Not so hard to do since most bandit groups usually drag a few of them around. Having manhunters/slavers in your party means easy money because they give you a bonus to your Prisoner Management skill which is pretty awesome for the following reason: having 40+ slavers gets you +3 PM so that means 15 more slaves to sell. You can find slave traders often enough so this is the one of best sources of income in the early stages of the game.

Also, when leveled up a bit they pack quite a punch, a band of 50 Slave Crushers can crush double that amount of bandits easily and considering bandits are 130 denars a pop that's a nice chunk of change for low risk adventuring.
What i do is set them in a separate group and send them out when I'm done softening up the enemy with my archers, they just mop up and i always have full prisoner slots for sale.

When battling lords i tend to choose tier 5 and above prisoners, because lower quality troop just aren't profitable and are just taking up valuable space. If you have 3 or 4 battles between every visit to a town you'll easily fill up on tier 5+ troops or bandit prisoners. Actually anything above 130 denars is profitable because bandits are easiest to catch and you can always go pick up a few if you're short on cash, everything else is just bonus money.

They are also excellent for getting them tier 7 troops which are so hard to train since you can just look for a bandit group that has high tier prisoners, with the bandits in 2.5 that's not that hard, they rape every lord they can get their hands on :grin: then it's just a matter of luring that gang out of reach of the main host of bandits and there you go - with a little patience, tier 7 troops rescued and recruited.

There's another way to get tier 7 that i found just now but it involves being farther into the game. When lords change faction they still keep the original faction troop preference, so what i do is i try to find lords who have changed sides and are in the enemy faction, then you just send in your slaver crew and imprison their higher tier units. When you finish fighting you just go to camp and recruit prisoners, and you don't get a morale penalty if you use only that factions troops (which i normally do, not sure about this if you have a multi-faction army)

So anyway just remember this:
Prisoner Management at 10 gives you 50 slots for prisoners, with bandits/sea raiders that are 130 a pop you get 6500 in one go! How bout that for easy money! :grin:

Well, that's my guide on slavers, maybe i missed something so feel free to contribute, always looking for good advice on this awesome game and even more awesome mod :wink:

Early Game Guide for Floris Expanded v2.5
As others before have said, the Early Game is all about:

1) Making money to build enterprises and buy land to create tons of residual income to pay for your huge late-game war machine. The easiest way to do this is by:
1a) Capturing bandits, looters, sea raiders and deserters; and selling them to ransom brokers. To do this you need the Prisoner Management skill--1 level lets you grab 5 prisoners--so build it up quickly. And get a blunt weapon to knock them out with, like the military hammer, empire hammer, etc. Being mounted is really useful, too, as you've got more mobility to close on and chase banditos using ranged weapons. Being mounted also allows you to do drive-by hammer strikes, which are roughly 200% more powerful--useful in early game when you're weakest. Supplementing your party with 15 or more Manhunters will not only boost your Prisoner Management skill, but net you more captives, as manhunters are all mounted with blunt weapons. Other hammer and maul equipped troops are: Vaegir I3 Grid-->I4 Mladshiy Druzhinnik line, which can eventually upgrade into the mounted C5 Druzhinnik --->C6 Elitniy Druzhinnik. Also check out the Sarranid I3 Cemaat--->C4 Kapikulu Suveri--->C5 Beylik--->C6 Sekban. These are the two premier mounted troop-capturing lines in the game, and should form the core of your army, until you are filthy, stinking rich. In Floris v2.5 there is a new Sword Sisters cavalry line that ain't bad either: I3 Hospitaller--->C4 Beritten Jungfrau--->C5 Schildjungfur--->C6 Walkure.  To actually capture a bandit party in combat, I prefer my party to be 100% mounted, then approach bandit party at a trot [use commands F1,F2]. If enemy party is too strong for you, stop [F1,F1] and thin them out with arrow fire. Then charge [F1,F3]. Using command to 'use blunt weapons only' [F3,F3] is also useful here. Against mounted desert and steppe bandits, avoid their lethal lances by veering off to right as you approach them, hopefully pulling them all off to an angle in pursuit (they will charge you en masse), then [F1,F3] to have your riders charge their now exposed flank. Experiment until you get the timing right, as it will allow your boys to het the enemy in the flank and not get couched. Use your bow to shoot the horses of those bandits that aren't taken out in the initial scrum. Once on foot, you or your boys bash 'em on the head.
1b) Soloing Sea Bandit Parties for Loot: in v2.4 Sea Bandits were arguably the toughest, baddest banditos around, and had pretty pricey loot. Starting out with noble background & squire gave you a starting horse + lance, which you could use to inflict couched damage (means one-hit-one-kill). You'd go out, ride around those mangy vikings, waiting for them to fire all their axes; then start taking them out with your lance. Soloing a party of 25 could net good loot, a few prisoners, and 30 or so renown. Personally I preferred to go the horsearcher route, killing some (their archers and 2H axemen) until my arrows ran out. Then doing rapid drive-by strikes with a military hammer to thump the rest. Either way, in v2.5 Sea Raiders have more bows, which makes them more dangerous to a lightly armored horseman. And they have less loot. It's a different world...
1c) Winning Tournements: if you've got smokin' hot fighting skills, then following the tournement circuit is the best way to make tons of $$$ in the early game. With the new tournement system in v2.5 you can make around 8,000 per; or disable it and use the older native version to bag the winner-take-all pot of 26,000.  Either system can be daunting until your fighting skills are good, but you can make it much easier by selecting 1/4 damage, poor combat AI, slowest combat speed in game options tab. Winning tourneys is a great way to win $$$, gain 20 renown per, and impress the ladies--as you can dedicate your success to 1 single or married lady in the castle after the match.
1d) Freelancer: in v2.5 you can now join a lord's army as a ranker. Many players find it a great way to build up the gear, xp, etc. of a new character to lvl9 or so.
1e) Trading: in v2.4 this was an excellent money maker at all stages of the game. Now, with the new trading system, I see it as a waste of time. But go form you own conclusions. There are several guides out there for the old system that still largely apply. After about day 7 when commodity prices and volumes stabilize, try Iron from Curaw (to Reyyavadin or most other cities).

Once you've started earning dough, quickly invest it in Silk Manufacturies, which in most cities net ~550/week. Make placing factories in all/most cities your first economic goal. After you've done this, start buying land, the rents for which you can collect every 2 weeks. Having a ton of residual income is essential to training up and maintaining your high-tier units later in the game; especially during times of peace when there's only low-value bandits around to capture for ransom.

2) Accumulating renown and honor. These are essential commodities on your rise to becoming ruler of Calradia.
Renown determines many things, especially the max size of your army, and how much 'respect' you get from other nobles. Get it >500, or even >1,000 before getting really political. Fight battles--the steeper the odds against you, the more renown; win tournements; duel for ladies; and rescue villagers from bandits to win renown.
Honor is what you get from doing, well, honorable things, like releasing enemy lords you capture in battle or not accepting the quest reward from a lord after killing an outlaw. Raiding villages, refusing ransom offers for captured lords, etc. loses you honor. Honor is very, very useful when you get it >300. Then watch every single 'honorable' personality-type lord in Calradia (it's about 30% of them) develop a huge liking for you. Even if they've never met you.

3) Sucking up to nobles--preferably entirely of the faction you wish to eventually join, so that they will let you marry their daughters, and more importantly support your being awarded the cities you capture. To actually have the king of the faction you join award you the city or castle you so painstakingly captured, you will need to get the support of 5 or more lords of your faction. Usually only lords with whom you have a rating of 20 or above will support you. Other tan being a goody-two-shoes with super high honor, such good relations must be earned the hard way, by doing quests for them, or more easily, by rescuing them if they're prisoners, or capturing then releasing them after battle.
Rescue a faction lord who's getting his butt kicked by an enemy party, and get a relations boost proportional to how outnumbered he was. You also get a relations boost with his faction.
A great strategy I often use is to scan castles and cities of a faction you're not a war with to check for captured lords. When present, go to the castle dungeon and take out the jailer and all nearby soldiers. Then enter dungeon, speak to captive, have him 'stay behind' you. Exit dungeon, kill remaining sentries. Then captive lord goes free, netting you a personal and faction relations bonus. The I'll become a merc for faction whose dungeons I just emptied, so I can have chance to meet and beat very same lords I recently freed. Capture and release, for more relations boost.
Also: every time you defeat an enemy lord, go speak with your faction king for +1 relations. Every time you go to a feast, speak to the hosting lord fo +2 relations. Once you have a castle or city, you can host feasts, and speak with every guest for a +1 (or is it +2?) bonus.
Giving away quality troops was a great way in v2.4 to gain massive amounts of relations. Seems to be diabled for v2.5

4) Details:
4a) Gathering, Sorting, Training Companions: the early game is also about collecting up all of your companions, from the taverns of Calradia. There is a method for how you create a stable group of companions who aren't at each others throats. There are plenty of good guides out there for native; but Floris 2.5 has several new ones. The quick and dirty way is to a) recruit every companion you find (you can always dismiss him/her, then ask a Traveller in a tavern their location); b) fight a battle ASAP--even against 3 looters (this will trigger an 'I like so-and-so scripted event by 1 companion for the 1 other companion they have an affinity for). Usually I retain them in pairs, waiting until each of a pair expresses their liking for the other, creating a "stable pair" before starting on another pair. Any companion who likes 1 companion will put up with another he/she dislikes. If you carefully assemble your team pair by pair, you can have 17 no problem (unless you raid villages and walk the dark side). Don't know if this approach works for v2.5, where there are 5 new companions added.
Regarding training, I prefer all my companions as Heavy Horsearchers, and train up their skills accordingly. All will have high to maximal Trainer skill--essential to rapidly train up peasants into elites in the mid-/late-game. Most of them will also have a 'specialty', like Jeremus for surgery other medical skills. Rolf, Baheshtur, Mattheld, Alayen are nobles, and I usually groom some or all of them to be future vassals (with good Trainer + Leadership + Tactics levels). Ymira & Katrin I'll make my backup medical speciallists. Then I'll have 1 primary, 1 backup for Spotting, Foraging, Looting, Engineer, Trading, Persuasion.

4b Yourself: Regarding how to train up your own character, there are plenty of good guides available, and all address different playstyles. Floris v2.5 is a huge sandbox and Calradia your oyster. Personally, I ensure that by late-game I'm close to maxed out in Leadership, Persuasion, Tactics, Pwerstrike, Powerdraw (I like bows), and Athletics (didn't use to like it; but now find it gives huge benefit when fighting on foot in battles, siege assaults, & tournements). Riding & Horsearchery: 4-6 is enough. Ironskin & Shield: used to max out; now 2-4 is enough. All others are not needed, as long as you have companions with them.
4c Village Relations: every thirty days or so you can do village elder quests Train Against Bandits and Bring Cattle. Do them. Every month. Extremely important, as a high village relation will let you recruit more and better recruits--even if at war with village owning faction. Getting good troops late in game is crucial; so lay groundwork in early game by ensuring that every game-month you take these missions. For example, in my current game at day 29, I did both missions back to back on a Vaegir village, and then got to recruit 27 H5 Posadnik! For 270d. At that point in game, the time + money (around 13,000) to train up such a force from scratch would've been huge. What a deal!

Conclusion: So now you're ready for the mid-game, which usually means fighting as a mercenary, and painstakingly building up an army of elite troops that will form the backbone of the army you will use to conquer Calradia. My personal preference is to start with a 100% mounted force: 70% Hammer-armed cav, 30% H.Horsearchers; then as I grow towards the 200+ mark to end up with a force that can win sieges: 35% hammer-armed cavalry, 40% elite archers, 15% H.Horsearchers, 10% infantry. As a mercenary leader, remember to keep doing village elder quests every month. Make a ton of money on troop ransoms as you perfect your tactical formation command skills to win battle after battle, gaining renown, honor and lord relations. The mid-game is also about shaping the map, and setting the stage for which heavily weakened faction you will eventually join. If you wish to be Swadian, for example, and they are strong, then it must be you who humbles them by fighting for one of their enemies. Defeat their armies, earn the friendship and respect of their nobles, take their strongholds...until they're down to 2-3 castles. Then join them as a vassal. And start winning their cities back, making sure it is you who are awarded these as fiefs. Once you've got 2-3 cities, 1,000 good troops, and a fine looking Nord wife..you're ready to become a king in your own right. Your majesty, Calradia awaits!

Companions overview originally posted by monnikje

npcscheme.gif

Would love to see some information added here or to the wiki on the new companions added by Floris -- specifically, which ones do and don't like raiding and which ones can count as nobles.

This may be a little nit picky,, but is there a list somewhere that tells which companions are noble and which are commoners?

Edit*

Whoops. Someone beat me to it.  At least my nit picky-ness is not alone! :smile:

Sorry for the double post. The Floris wiki is more specific than I originally thought. It does list which companions are noble and not. I should look more thoroughly next time I need information.

I think this information can be pretty valuable late game if you are creating your own faction and wish turn some of your companions into vassles. I made the mistake of making some of my companions, who were not noble, into lords and it made everyone upset who was a noble. They get really pissy if you give commoners land to rule over.

I hope this helps.  Here's the list for those who are interested:

Noble:

Rolf
Baheshtur
Firentis
Matheld
Alayen
Lezalit
Floris
Ghazwan

Commoners

Borcha
Marnid
Ymira
Deshavi
Bunduk
Katrin
Jeremus
Nizar
Artimenner
Klethi
Nadia
Odval
Sajjad
Edwyn

Kind Regards,

- Muglos

I'm a complete noob when it comes to building a character in Mount and Blade- but have been looking a little and seen people write about an Intelligence Build or Strenght build for that matter. Can anyone link me to guides that might delve deeper into these builds?

Thanks in again!

Tulla said:
I'm a complete noob when it comes to building a character in Mount and Blade- but have been looking a little and seen people write about an Intelligence Build or Strenght build for that matter. Can anyone link me to guides that might delve deeper into these builds?

Thanks in again!

I don't know how much this would help, but I'm sure it would give you a general idea based on your preference when creating a character.

My cavalry strategy guide:

DaElf's Living Steamroller - A Comprehensive (Rambling) Guide

Introduction

This strategy, which is my personal favourite to use in Floris, utilises the Horse/Pike Damage Tweak to use a wedge of cavalry to pummel your foes into oblivion time and time again. That's it in a nutshell, really, but it's a little more complicated than that, which I'll try to illustrate in this guide and, hopefully, show you some ways to overcome the weaknesses that this army-build suffers from.

I should also mention that this is for your field army only; you should have a dedicated Infantry/Archer team in your garrison(s).

I'm probably going to drone on about many little minute details and make endless sections, but bear with me and it might just make sense by the end. If you don't like my style of writing, then, eh, stop reading right now, because there's going to be a lot of it (4,600ish words), and I don't plan on providing many summaries! >: D

Now, Cavalry are often seen as a sort of 'easy-mode' in M&B, given their immense advantage over foot troops on the battlefield. Indeed, in Native you can pretty much just charge in with a load of Swadian Knights (which are quick to train) and watch the kills roll in without thinking anything else of it. Now, it isn't exactly that easy (or boring) in Floris, and the Cavalry strategy I'm going to explain (in tiring detail) to you here is a little more involved than simply hitting the 'Charge' button, else even I would have stopped talking by now.

Whilst Floris does make the Native option of blind charges obsolete, Cavalry does (and rightly so) remain the medieval tank of the battlefield with the riders clearly superior to their ground-level counterparts, who you will grow to, literally, look down on whilst you lead your army of crushing oblivion to trample not just your enemies' spirits, but their broken, bloodied bodies, too.

Interested? Of course you are, you sadistic little (wo)man. Then ride with me, and I shall teach you my ways and sing you the song of my people.

Note: You must have the Pike/Horse Damage Tweak (found in Camp->Mod Options) ticked in order for this strategy to work, so go do that.

You

Yes, you! In order to become the absolutely super-awesome general/cavalryman/'Death, Destroyer of Worlds' that you will become, you must first learn a few skills and equip yourself with the right gear.

If you haven't already realised: you will be riding a horse, and not just any horse! So, train yourself up in the Riding skill to at least level 4.

Next, you're going to be taking a lot of prisoners (which will be discussed, to extraneous lengths, later on in the guide), so be prepared to be just as good at Prisoner Management as you are at Leadership; these should be respectable, if you want to be respected by your men and loved by Ransom Brokers, so make sure you're at level 6 in both as the minimum, with an aim to improve them over time.

Now, I know you young adventurers coming to Calradia are barely educated these days, but you'll also be needing to take a course in Surgery, in order to help those poor men you plan on leading to their glorious deaths on the field of battle actually survive. Naturally, you wont be wanting to get your hands dirty yourself, but your knowledge could prove valuable to the Fisique you hire, so have at least a basic understanding (2+, boosted by the Surgeon you'll have in your party).

Of course, you'll also need to show yourself to be a fine Trainer if you want to fulfil your ambition of hosting the greatest army the pretender-Lords of Calradia have ever seen. A level of 7 should suffice as a starting point.

Naturally, you should also invest points in Power Strike and all the normal combat ones of your choosing, so get on with that, we haven't got all day; there are empires to fell and bandits to annihilate.

A Skill Summary
Riding 4+
Prisoner Management 6+
Leadership 6+
Surgery 2+
Trainer 7+
Power Strike and other skills of your choosing (Path Finding/Spotting are always handy to have a couple of points in)

Of course, nobody wants you to go in to battle mentally and physically prepared but without any equipment; it's not a nice sight for your men and embarrassing, not to mention potentially painful, for you.

Thus, get the strongest armour you can get your hands on, a Charger (not a Warhorse) with a base Speed of 40+ (you're not going to be hanging around) and, of course, some weaponry.

As for weaponry, it's ultimately up to you, but I choose a 1H Horseman's Mace, Shield, Bow and Arrows. If you're no good with a bow, a spare Shield to protect your back and either a lance or 2H as a secondary weapon could be used. Note that I would suggest a Blunt primary weapon for pummelling your foes to the ground and later dragging them from the battlefield to die another day, once they've been ransomed off, of course.

This was supposed to be a short section, so.. prepare yourself for the rest.

Companions

Even you, as beautiful as you now look in that fine armour sat upon your mighty steed, need friends.

I tend to split these into two groups, and so will now bore you with those details, too:

Fighting Companions

These are the companions who you train in nothing but the art of war, death and misery to mankind. They won't be particularly good compared to the rest of your Army, but hey, they're immortal, which has got to be a plus.

Most of these should be given a similar build to the one that you have, ready to ride with you in your wedge of horsey doom. These companions should have Chargers, heavy armour and preferably 1H maces and a Shield as their primary weapon setup. I tend to also give them a Lance and a Thrown weapon, too, but this is down to your personal preference.

Some of them, however, are less suited to Melee, and more versed in the ways of Ranged combat. These should be made into Cavalry Archers, with the fastest horse you can find, a fast, piercing bow and medium-heavy armour. I tend to also give them a Polearm in case they run out of arrows, but for most of the game they'll be too fragile to last until that point. (So, Bow+2xArrows+Polearm).

Floris would make a good Cavalryman with you, so it's a good idea to get him, especially since he comes with other decent support stats and should last longer/be knocked unconscious less than most of your other fighting companions.

Supporting Companions

These are actually the most important companions you'll have and you will need to train them purely in the Party skills they will each be contributing in. Only once they've become the best that they can be in these areas should you be giving them any combat skills. Don't worry, they won't be entering combat with you, anyway (you should place them lower in your Party list than any of your Cavalrymen/Cav. Archers).

You need a Medic; this is non-negotiable and you will grow to love him/her. I choose Fisique Jeremus for this role, and will train him up in Surgery, Wound Treatment and First Aid (as well as Trainer, since you'll have a few left-over skill points as you go along).

Second in importance in this area is a Scout. I've chosen Edwyn for this, but you could choose differently. This Palantinus should be at one with his/her surrounding, proving to be an adept Tracker, Spotter and Path-finder. They'll also pick up the slack of Engineering, but this is of lesser importance.

Finally, we have your Street Urchin, with plenty of experience in both Foraging and Looting. Katrin fills this role pretty well.

Army Composition

"Finally", I hear you say, "something I can get my teeth into". Firstly, don't bite people; they don't tend to like it. Secondly, I'll be talking at you about this at length, so don't rejoice too soon.

Outline

Note: Percentages ignore any Support elements of your army.

85-90% Heavy Cavalry
Slaver Chiefs (2-5)
Slave Crushers (enough to give you a total of 12+ Slavers)
C6 Kenau
Swadian/Sarranid Heavy Cavalry
Cavalry Fighting Companions

10-15% Cavalry Archers
H6 Black Widows
Any H6/7 Khergit/Sarranid Cav. Archers you free from captivity.
Cavalry Archer Fighting Companions

Support
5 Hunters
1 Merchant
1 Monk/Priest
1 Surgeon
1 Bishop
Supporting Companions

Support Troops should, of course, be at the bottom of your party list.

Troop-by-Troop Analysis/Explanation

Heavy Cavalry

Slaver Chiefs

These are a very niche troop. Thankfully for you, their niche is this exact build; hurrah! Slaver Chiefs are very slow on the field but, since you're going to be charging down the enemy, their Charge damage will be an immense boon for you; they can OHKO Forest Bandits, for example, just by running in to them. They'll then be able to do the same again about half a second down the road.

Expect just 2-3 of these guys to bring you about 1/4 of your enemy's casualties in a typical battle. They are hard to train up to, though, so having 5 isn't as easy as you might think, especially since their slow speed makes them vulnerable to a lucky arrow going through the back of their head, which I'll discuss a bit later. Anyway, having more than 5 of these magnificent beasts will mean your army will lack the speed to get around the battlefield at the pace you'd like since you'll have so many stragglers.

Slave Crushers

These are pretty much a C6 unit in terms of equipment, and, coupled with the Slaver Chiefs, will give you a nice +1 boost to your Prisoner Management if you have 10 or more of them. I advise using them to bring your Slaver total to 12-14 so that you can afford for a couple of Slavers to suffer from a case of the dead-ness or a mild concussion and still keep the PM bonus. Heck, if you really love these guys then knock yourself out (preferably not literally) and get 25 of them for the +2 boost, but this will mean that training any Swadian/Sarranid troops to C6 will take longer, since you'll have fewer of them, so I wouldn't particularly advise it.

C6 Kenau

These will form the majority of your C6+ units. They've got respectable stats, have decent equipment and, most importantly, are quick, cheap and easy to recruit. You could find, perhaps, 15 of these just from one encounter in a Tavern, paying 600~ denars for each one in order to immediately have some high-levelled cavalry at your service. Their weekly pay is also in line with other C6 units, so you won't be paying through the teeth to maintain them, either.

Swadian/Sarranid C6/7 Heavy Cavalry

These will take a while to train up, apart from the handful that you might manage to free as prisoners. Thus, for a long time, these will be C4/5 Cavalry, and thus pretty vulnerable. The key here is to try to recruit in bulk, so that plenty of Exp gets added to the Exp pool for that stack of units each day.

As for which of of the types you go for, that's really down to your personal preference.

The Swadians will give you the heaviest armour, and are the stereotypical Heavy Cav. unit.

The Sarranids have two lines of Heavy Cav., one ending with the C7 Hasham and one with the C6 Sekban. The C7 Hasham line is the closest to the Swadian-style, although (as eastpaw's analysis shows, quite correctly) they're stronger up-close than the Swadians are. The C6 Sekban line, on the other hand, is a Blunt Weapon version of the Sarranid's other Heavy Cav. line, but with the added advantage of having a Ranged option, helpful for getting the odd kill of a troop that your charge of fate passes at a distance, and for cleaning up at the end of a fight. The obvious disadvantage, though is that they have no C7 unit in this line, although, given that it's rare to manage to train one to C7, I regard this as a non-issue.

I, personally, go with the Sarranid C6 Sekban line, since they're more versatile and give you an even greater pool of prisoners to choose from at the end of the battle.

Cavalry Fighting Companions

As previously mentioned, most of your Fighting Companions will be Heavy Cavalry, and these should join this group of Heavy Cav, forming part of your wedge-trail.

Cavalry Archers

H6 Black Widow

These are excellent Cavalry Archers, and shouldn't be under-estimated simply based on their Skill levels. As with the C6 Kenau, you can recruit these in bulk (perhaps your entire contingent of Cav. Archers in one Tavern-visit), and they're cheap and immediately at a high level.

Their great Archery Weapon Proficiency (beaten only by the Khergit H7 Mandugai and Black Khergit Horsemen) is the best of ANY mounted T6 unit and is even superior to the Sarranid's H7 Iqta'dar. This means that they're fantastic at headshots and will actually rack up quite a few kills throughout the battle.

H6/7 Khergit/Sarranid Freed Prisoners

I must emphasise here that you should only have these if you've managed to free them from captivity; given the small number you need, they'll take far too long to train to an acceptable level if you attempt to build them from scratch.

Cavalry Archer Fighting Companions

As with the Heavy Cav. Fighting Companions joining your main Cavalry group, your Cav. Archer Fighting Companions should sidle up to the Cavalry Archer group.

General Strategy

If you're still reading this, have a cookie. There's plenty left to read, though, so don't scoff them all down at once. Also, remember how long it took me to write this compared to how long it's taking you to read it. I accept donations in the form of denars to be paid cash-in-hand to my Chamberlain based in Uxkhal.

This will be your typical field-battle strategy when conditions are optimal or passable, hence, your default, general strategy. I'll discuss later the weaknesses of the build and ways to overcome them.

So, your Army should be split into three sections as I outlined in the Army Composition section:

Cavalry
Cavalry Archers
Support

These are the PBOD that I issue each section with before a battle:

Cavalry - Follow Me, Wedge.
Cavalry Archers - (No Order), Avoid Combat.
Support - Hold, Avoid Combat.

Upon the start of the battle, your Cavalry Archers will race ahead to the front of the enemy lines and then begin harassing them by running circles around them whilst perhaps getting a few headshots in. The aim of this is to disorganise them from their Formation and distract their attention from the main body of your army.

Once your Cavalry have untangled themselves from the mess they spawn in (taking a couple/few seconds), they'll form a wedge behind you. Once your Cavalry Archers have got a little way ahead, you should begin your gallop toward the enemy. It's important not to follow your Cavalry Archers straight away, else you'll run into them when they turn away from the enemy to begin their arrow bombardment, and the enemy won't have been distracted yet.

Hopefully, by the time you reach the enemy, their attention won't be entirely on you, making it easy for you to charge your way through their ranks (Infantry or Archers; both if it's possible to line your route up to crash through both sections of their army). Now, make sure you keep on the move; don't charge your way into a group of enemies so dense that they'll manage to halt your charge, instead find a route round them. The rest of your wedge should soften them up on their way through, aided by the fact that the enemy will have about-faced to watch you racing off into the sunset. Continue your charge, running a good distance away from the enemy (1/3rd of the entire field should do it), before looping back round to face them once again, allowing your Wedge to regroup a little (don't wait for them all) behind you. Then, rinse and repeat.

If the enemy has a cavalry contingent, you'll need to charge into this at some point, and you personally should attempt to deal with their top cavalry units. You will likely have to stop and deal with them there and then, effectively swarming them with your own, larger, cavalry group. If they're lucky, they'll fell a couple of your units, but they will take considerably more casualties. If you manage to get a good swing in on them at speed, your blunt weapon should aid you in destroying them straight away. The need to swarm enemy cavalry is a good reason to choose Sarranid, rather than Swadian, Heavy Cavalry.

If any enemies attempt to kill any Support troops who might have spawned, your Cav. Archers will normally deal with them, but paying them a visit after a charge in that direction can occasionally be a good idea.

When there are a lot of Archers in the opposing army, it's a good idea to cut back and begin your second etc. charges earlier than you would otherwise do in order to form a shield to protect the rear of your slow Slaver Chiefs attempting to catch up with the rest of your wedge.

Strengths

Archers and Non-Pike Infantry

This is a no-brainer. This strategy is specifically designed to crush these sorts of troops, and you have the distinct advantage over them.

Dominance on Open Plains

On an open plain, your medieval tanks of brain-crunching metal are in their prime, and the opposing side has nothing to help lessen the sheer force of the impact when your annihilating death-riders of the apocalypse burst forth unto them.

Map Speed

Given that all but your Support troops are mounted, you will have phenomenal speed on the World Map, able to outpace any party other than routers or Lords lacking an army.

This is strengthened by the fact that you have a Supporting Companion devoted to increasing your advantage on the Map. Well done, you.

Money

Normally money is a major issue when fielding a cavalry army, given their cost. That is far from the case with this strategy; roughly 2/3-3/4 of enemies you face will be knocked unconscious rather than be killed on the battlefield, meaning that you can expect to fill your Prisoner slots with quality prisoners every battle. I'd encourage you to regularly (numerous times a week) go hunting for Bandits, preferably Forest Bandits; each one is worth 130 denars, meaning that 2 or 3 loads will pay for your entire army+a garrisoned army per week. After that, everything is profit.

Expect to go Tavern-trawling for Ransom Brokers often, though.

Weaknesses

Whilst this strategy's Strengths are particularly potent, so, unfortunately, are its weaknesses. I'll attempt to give some ideas for how to minimise the effects of them after outlining each one, though.

Pikes

Problem level: 9/10

This is, without a doubt, your biggest weakness.

Whilst the Horse/Pike Damage Tweak makes this build, it also provides its biggest downfall. Pikes will deal considerable damage to horses, as well as having the potential to stop your charge right in its tracks.

Solution effectiveness: 2/10

Really, you need your Cavalry Archers to distract the Pikemen enough that they turn away from your Cavalry charge. Even then, you will take considerable casualties (they WILL fell some Cav. Archers and Heavy Cav.). If you do manage to get a charge in whilst they're facing away, you can wreak havoc amongst their ranks, though, and considerably weaken them. They will still, however, get some hits on your horses. If possible, have allies deal with Pikemen.

Mountains

Problem level: 7/10

Mountains will stop your tactic from being plausible, apart from in a few cases. It will be especially problematic when you're facing Crossbowmen, who will chew you up as you slowly approach them.

There are two solutions here:

Solution level: 9/10

Lure the enemy away from the mountains on the World Map before engaging them. Thanks to your Cavalry army, you should easily have greater speed than them, so bring them away from the mountains toward flatter terrain before fighting them, eliminating the problem altogether.

Solution effectiveness: 3/10

If the above solution isn't an option for whatever reason, and you have to fight them in the mountains, then this is your best bet:

Search for a gentler slope up the mountains to get in and amongst the enemy. If you're lucky, the mountains will actually shield your approach. If no such opportunity exists on the terrain, you may have to make your army dismount and approach on foot. Your Cav. Archers will then become normal archers and should help you, and, thanks to the quality of your cavalrymen, they will still make respectable infantry. You will still take casualties, though.

Enemy Cavalry

Problem level: 4/10

This is mainly a problem in that it distracts you from utilising your true strategy and the fact that they might well cause you to have a few casualties. Not a major problem.

Solution effectiveness: 4/10

As described in the General Strategy section, swarm the Cavalry with your own superior numbers and make sure you get a few of them yourself.

Hills

Problem level: 3/10

Note that these are a distinctly different weakness than mountains in that they have different effects. Rather than eliminating your strategy, they'll help to neutralise it by significantly slowing your speed on arrival.

Solution effectiveness: 7/10

Normally the AI isn't smart enough to position all their troops at the top of the hill, so most of the opposing army should still be easy pickings. When approaching those on the top of the hill, try to use high-ground as an approach, since then you might manage to keep your speed up a little bit more. You'll likely have to stop and engage them in close-up combat, but this shouldn't normally be too problematic. Watch out, though, for them having the height advantage over you.

Forests

Problem level: 3/10

More of an irritation than a problem, but they can cause your Cavalry to get stuck and become a target for enemies. For me, I find the worst thing about it the fact that I can't always see where I'm going.

Solution effectiveness: 4/10

Either try to lure the enemy away, which might not be as easy as doing so with mountains, given how much more of the map is forested than it is mountainous, or just work with it, looking to lead your Wedge-trail through the largest gaps in the trees you can find. Be sensible; if you can only just squeeze through, it's going to cause some problems for the horde following you.

Rivers

Problem level: 2/10

I've given this a low problem level because of how effective the solution is, but, if you were to ignore my solution, the problem would be more like 6/10. Rivers will slow your charge to a slow speed, and the terrain could quickly be a killing ground for your own troops.

Solution effectiveness: 8/10

Depending on where the river is in relation to you and the enemy on the map, either wait (call Cav. Archers back at first and don't lead your Wedge into battle) for them to have crossed the river and be on flat ground or, if the river is going vertically down the middle of the map, cross the river straight away and charge as quickly as you can toward the enemy to reach them before they reach the point where they want to cross the river.

If you misjudge either of these, don't be afraid of changing your mind, turning around and heading back until the enemy reaches a more favourable piece of terrain for you to engage them on.

Faction Analysis

You will, of course, perform differently against different Factions. This section is meant as a (short?) analysis of how effective you can expect to be.

Nords

Whilst their Infantry power is colossal, they are effectively neutralised by this strategy. Only one branch of their troop tree has polearms, so you don't have to worry too much. Make sure you don't get over ambitious when charging into their ranks and end up getting yourself trapped, though!

As long as you do things right, the biggest threat here is the possibility of them getting some lucky Thrown-Weapon hits.

Swadians

Watch out for their Cavalry (you'll need to take down any C6/7 units they have, else they'll take down a few of your own troops) and lucky headshots from their archers against your slower Cavalry.

I4 Piquiers are a pain, too, with their Polearms, but they don't make up much of their army, so you should be alright. If you see a band of I4 Piquier deserters, though, I'd suggest you save yourself for another fight.

Vaegirs

Similar to the Swadians, but without the Polearm-Infantry threat. These shouldn't be a problem, as long as you take down their Cavalry.

Khergits

You'll take some casualties, especially amongst your Cav. Archers, who will be thoroughly outnumbered. Take down most of their ground-based troops with an initial charge or two and then see about dealing with their Cavalry. You may need to get your Heavy Cavalry to Charge after their Cavalry Archers on their own, otherwise you'll never catch them. You should outnumber them, and have strong Cavalry yourself, though.

Sarranids

Pretty much a mixture of all the Factions I've mentioned so far, really. Their I4 Al-Haqas will be of a similar threat level as the Swadian I4 Piquiers, their Cavalry will be better at fighting you off in close combat than the Swadians were, but you should still vastly outnumber them, and you may well have to charge after their Cavalry Archers as with the Khergits. Oh, and they have Thrown Weapons, like the Nords. Have fun.

Rhodoks

These are the direct counter to your strategy. Their Infantry is liable destroy you, given how impressive their Polearm-Infantry is. Their Archers have Crossbows, which are renowned as being better against Cavalry than conventional Bows. Also, they live in the mountains.

You're in for an extremely tough fight if you want to fight them, but at least their Cavalry won't be much of a threat.

A Couple of Considerations

This is the final section (I've been sitting here for 3 hours writing all this o_O) and is really for me to bring a couple of considerations to your mind, assuming I haven't blown your mind (knocked it unconscious, perhaps?) already.

1) When looking for a base of operations for yourself (your home city, etc.), choose somewhere which has lots of terrain advantageous to you around it. Whilst the Sarranid lands seem ideal for this, also remember that you'll need to be taking lots of prisoners for income to pay for your army, and the easiest way to do this is going after bandits. In the desert, the bandits are mounted and have Black Khergits with them, so this isn't necessarily a great idea for a base. I chose Uxkhal, since it has lots of Forest Bandits nearby and a huge open plain to the East.

2) If becoming a vassal of a Faction, consider which Faction you'd least like to face in combat. I enjoy playing the game as a vassal, rather than a King, and so this is a particularly potent issue for myself. I chose to join the Rhodoks, since they're both close enough to Uxkhal to help me to defend it from the Swadians I took it from, and I'd really rather fight with them than against them.

Congratulations for reading all of this 4.6k word monstrosity. I'm going to take a well-earned rest, and I suggest you do the same. You are now, after all, the General of the finest army in the land. Go forth and wreak havoc with thine enemies and drink dry the taverns of yonder kingdom, and all that jazz.

hieronymos said:
Winning Tournements[/b]: if you've got smokin' hot fighting skills, then following the tournement circuit is the best way to make tons of $$$ in the early game. With the new tournement system in v2.5 you can make around 8,000 per; or disable it and use the older native version to bag the winner-take-all pot of 26,000.
How can you win 26000 denars at native tournaments?

I get bored of playing as Male so i started with Female. This seems hard in my opinion:

Over 400 game days behind and Khengits & Swadians & Nords & Vaegirs are going fastly down... Sarradins are currently large faction as they have taken Khengits & Swadia (and maybe some Rhodoks fiefs)... But anyways i need help with my own kingdom. I have 3 towns (Khudan , Curaw , ''Rivacheg'').. I have no lords and i have over 70 right of rule & 900 Renown ect... 3 towns , 2000 troops :wink:

So how can i get lords. I mean as Male they just came to my town and asked to join and now i can't even persuade them to join even if i have that skill 7 and good relationships with them. Suggestions ?

Tipsu94 said:
I get bored of playing as Male so i started with Female. This seems hard in my opinion:

Over 400 game days behind and Khengits & Swadians & Nords & Vaegirs are going fastly down... Sarradins are currently large faction as they have taken Khengits & Swadia (and maybe some Rhodoks fiefs)... But anyways i need help with my own kingdom. I have 3 towns (Khudan , Curaw , ''Rivacheg'').. I have no lords and i have over 70 right of rule & 900 Renown ect... 3 towns , 2000 troops :wink:

So how can i get lords. I mean as Male they just came to my town and asked to join and now i can't even persuade them to join even if i have that skill 7 and good relationships with them. Suggestions ?

Appoint as many companions as you can afford to as nobles and continue expanding.  You'll need to have a large and secure empire to attract lords to your cause, and it also wouldn't hurt to appeal to certain lords' natures.  Be careful not to contradict yourself though, that'll only make things harder.

Windyplains said:
Companion Information:
Windyplains said:
    NPC #   
COMPANION        DISLIKES              DISLIKES              LIKES                    THIS PERSON'S SUPPORT IS OBJECTED BY
1​
BorchaDeshaviGhazwanMarnidLezalit
2​
MarnidBaheshturNadiaBorchaKlethi
3​
YmiraOdvalSajjadAlayenBaheshtur
4​
RolfBundukDeshaviSajjadFirentis
5​
BaheshturMarnidKatrinGhazwanFloris
6​
FirentisKatrinNizarFlorisMatheld
7​
DeshaviBorchaRolfKlethiEdwyn
8​
MatheldJeremusEdwynNizarMarnid
9​
AlayenFlorisOdvalYmiraBorcha
10​
BundukRolfLezalitKatrinDeshavi
11​
KatrinFirentisBahesturBundukArtimenner
12​
JeremusMatheldArtimennerOdvalNizar
13​
NizarNadiaFirentisMatheldBunduk
14​
LezalitEdwynBundukArtimennerKatrin
15​
ArtimennerGhazwanJeremusLezalitRolf
16​
KelthiSajjadFlorisDeshaviJeremus
17​
FlorisKelthiAlayenFirentisGhazwan
18​
NadiaMarnidNizarEdwynAlayen
19​
OdvalYmiraAlayenJeremusSajjad
20​
SajjadYmiraKlethiRolfNadia
21​
GhazwanBorchaArtimennerBaheshturOdval
22​
EdwynMatheldLezalitNadiaYmira

Note: Data taken from script_initialize_npcs and current for Floris 2.5.

What does "This character's support is objected by" mean?

Back
Top Bottom