game type polls are....annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

brotherwoodb

Regular
Its a brilliant mod but....
Everytime I join a battle server or TDM server, hoping to play something other then invasion, someone polls to change the game type to invasion. Its a nice idea but for those who want to play something other then invasion, its annoying. Id personally prefer the polls to be for the normal map change, etc, not for game type. There now seems to be enough big servers to run one for each game type so I dont see the need for the polls. Most of the time theres about 4 servers running invasion and if your lucky one or 2 for the other game types. Its a bit unfair for those that joined a battle server to actually play a battle for it to then be changed! What do you guys/girls think?
And if anyone tries to come up with the smart answer of ' why not just leave and join another server that was in battle' well there wasnt any as they were all on Invasion.....

It's up to the discretion of the server admins. If you want a dedicated battle/TDM/whatever server, then talk to the admins or start a server.

Personally, I am getting so sick and tired of Eagles Nest *always* being played, and nary an option to change maps. :sad:

I agree. It's hard to find a battle server now. Haven't seen the 200 slots invasion server today, and the official only have 30 slots. The Eu_official crashed or something, so I joined Tercios' server, which was battle. A bunch of players polled it to Invasion. There is only 1 battleserver I can see at the moment, which is Deluge_Eu_Battle.

I wish it could be an official only-battle server, as it is on official Invasion server (I don't know if it is possible to poll Deluge_Official_Invasion to something else, but it is atleast called Invasion).

You can still poll for game type change on it though, It may be an oficial battle server but it doesnt mean it will stay on the battle mode,
Vrael, I was on at the same time as you, thats what prompted me to write this.

brotherwoodb said:
You can still poll for game type change on it though, It may be an oficial battle server but it doesnt mean it will stay on the battle mode,
Vrael, I was on at the same time as you, thats what prompted me to write this.
Well, yes, that's what I mean by dedicated battle server. Only battle mode available.

Back
Top Bottom