FAQ, Beginner's Guide and important notes

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Content:

1. FAQ
2. In-game text console commands (very usefull!)
3. Map making tutorial

FAQ

GENERAL

I cannot join any servers! I get message that server is running on newer version (9.xxx). I also can't host my own game! What's wrong?

"The Deluge" mod requires WSE (Warband Script Enchancer). You must either run the game from desktop shortcut that was created during The Deluge installation, or from WSELoader.exe directly.

WSE doesn't work for me! It says it cannot find "mb_warband.exe". What should I do?

Click RMB (right mouse button) on "The Deluge" desktop shortcut, choose Properties, go to Shortcut tab and at the end of "Target" field add similar line:
Code:
-p "C:\Program Files\Warband\mb_warband.exe"
Remember to change above sample path to the real path where you have your Warband installed. If you have it eg. in "D:\Games\M&B Warband\", then the line you need to add will look like this:
Code:
-p "D:\Games\M&B Warband\mb_warband.exe"

I see flying grass?! The trees are jumping! WTF, man?!

You should enable the Edit Mode in M&B launcher settings. Still such bug may occur on random scenes. We're working on that, but it'll take some time, since shaders have to be rewritten and some flora models need to be changed. Until then, just have your Edit Mod turned on - nothing bad will happen and it shouldn't slow your game down, since this mode doesn't even work in multiplayer.

Is there singleplayer? If not, will there be?

No, there’s no singleplayer version yet. We might reconsider working on it as multiplayer mode is finished, but it is to be decided in the future. Currently our team is just too small to make good and creative singleplayer mode.

Is there a M&B version of this?

There used to be, as the project was started in 2006. However, after the Warband release, we decided to switch to it for good, and since then there’s no progress for basic Mount&Blade.

GAMEPLAY

How do I crouch?

Press "C". To get up, press again "C", or one of the direction buttons. Notice that standing up animation is a bit slower, keep it in mind.

How do I dig trenches?

Firstly, you have to select an engineer class (or other troop which have shovel available). Choose shovel as a part of your inventory, and then, in-game, press the mousewheel. Slide your mouse downwards, and the menu should say "Dig". Confirm by pressing the MMB/mousewheel or LMB. Moving, including standing up, will stop the digging.

How to brace a pike?

Open the Cirrcular menu (press middle mouse button or mouse wheel) while you have your pike equipped and you should see Pike Bracing icon. Slide your mouse to select it and confirm by pressing the MMB/mousewheel or LMB. While bracing, point the pike at incoming horse's chest.
Important Note: pike bracing works only against mounts.

What's wrong with grenades? They do not expode at all!

There's nothing wrong with them. You just forgot to lit them up before throwing. :wink: To do this just press "X" while holding a grenade. Just remember to throw it away after you lit it, or else it'll expolde in your hands.

Engineers have this huge axe, but it serves for nothing. It is extremely slow, I can’t hit any enemy!

That’s supposed to be like that. Engineer’s axe is for destroying obstacles: gates, doors, palisades, wheeled shields, cannons (sabotage :wink: ). It's almost useless in melee fight, but it has great bonuses agains wooden structures.

The engineer hammer – what’s that for?

If you're an engineer then you can fix broken cannons and build wheeled shields with it. It's useful only on certain maps.

Wheeled shields, you say… um…

Find a bunch of planks laying together, aim at them with hammer in your hand until you find the text ,,Build wheeled shield”. Hold "F" key. Then, after the wheeled shield appears, you are able to push it (also F, then just push them around using your body) and open their window to shoot through it. Shields are destructible, but provide nice cover from enemy fire.

You mentioned cannons. How do I fire them?

Reach the cannon, aim at the gun carriage, press "F". Now, you are blocked as a gunner, your character is unable to move. Aim the barrel with WSAD keys, fire with LMB. To leave the cannon, press F. To reload the cannon, look for a pile of cannonballs or grapeshots nearby, hold "F".

What are those icons in the right corner, which appear when I'm operating the cannon?

The first icon on the left shows what kind of ammo (if any) the cannon is currently loaded with (or being loaded). The second icon shows if cannon is ready to shoot.

Grapeshot? What's that?

It's a type of ammunition for cannon. It has multiple projectiles and wide spread, so it's deadly for close range combat against large group of enemies.

How do I use boats?

Get into one, look at the bench, press F key when you'll see "Sail" text. You will be blocked as an oarsman until you press F again. Control the boat with WSAD keys. Boats are destructible, for grenades they’re one-hit target, same for cannons.

And how to use barges?

With barges, it’s less complicated – you can only move backward or forward, on determined distance. Get on a barge, aim at the big cross in front of it, press ,,Sail to the island”. The barge will move until you press ,,Stop the barge”. If you do so, next option shown will be ,,Sail back”, so if you want to keep going to the island, you have to press ,,Stop barge” again, and then once more ,,Sail to the island”, as there’s only one button for all these actions (the sign of a cross). Barges are not destructible.

I was riding through a ford, and my horse suddenly died. I heard no shots, there was no enemy nearby. How did that happen?

Your horse had probably drowned. The same can happen to you if you stay underwater for too long.

All my musket and pistol ammo is suddenly gone! My grenades too!

Cartridges and grenades are destroyed by water. Remember this next time you'll go swimming around. :wink:

Something is wrong with my musket/pistol! I only hear hissing sound and weapon does not fire!

In 0.52 patch we added misfires for all blackpowder weapons. Chance of a misfire is different for each weapon, but it's rather low and misfires should be very rare in good weather conditions. However, the worse the weather, the higher chance that your weapon will not fire.

My bowstring had broken and I'm unable to shoot now! How can I fix my bow?

Yes, since 0.52 patch bowstring have a small chance to break during the shot. This chance increases in bad weather conditions. When this will happen, there's a chance that your bow will be damaged beyond repair. If you are lucky and your bow will survive the bowstring faliure, then you'll have a chance to restring your bow. This can be done only when you stand still (it's like reloading a firearm weapon). You cannot restring your bow while on horse or when crouching.

My lance disappeared when I switched weapons! Is this a bug?

No, it's not a bug. It's a feature. You can no longer run around with two-meter-long pike hidden in your pocket. Every big weapon will now be dropped if you'll switch to something else.

How do I taunt?

Press the mousewheel or MMB, select first icon from the right, click it. Then, choose from Fight orders (i.e. "Fire", "Attack", "Fall back"), Formation orders ("Line up", "Tighten formation", "Loose formation"), and Misc (random battle cries and taunts). Take your time in learning the position of each shouts, there’s lots of them.

I keep getting out of ammo on invasion game mode. What shall I do?

On every map prepared for Invasion, there has to be a chest in which you can renew your ammo and health, but only after each 4 rounds. Special UI marker will show you the location of the supply chest, when the chest will be available.

What are those in-game console commands?

Console commands at first were ment to be admin-only tools. I wrote them to speed up some processes (like applying ban or kick, swapping teams...). Then I added some more commands which I though could be usefull also for normal players.

How to use those commands?

Just use your global or team chat. Every message that starts with "/" sign, will be interpreted as a command to server and therefore it will be not displayed in the chat.

List of commands:

- /help – shows all available commands

- /time – shows current time and date

- /rules – show server rules
- /server – show server info
- /map – show the name of current map

- /die – commit suicide
- /myid – shows your player nr, your Warband ID and your IP adress
- /hidepolls – you’ll not see nor take part in any poll (it's like instant Abstain)
- /showpolls – bring polls back after hiding them

- /nochat on – (no chat) – disables incoming chat messages. Chat is neither shown, nor logged. Type /nochat to enable chat back.
- /notchat on – (no team chat) – disables team chat messages. Team chat is neither shown, nor logged. Type /notchat to enable team chat back.
- /whisper [player_number] [text] – sends a [text] message visible only to player of chosen [number]. For example, writting "/whisper 3 hello mate!" will send "hello mate!" text to player no.3 (see players' ID numbers on score board).

- /cameraman on – usable for recording movies. Hides UI elements and chat messages. Use "/cameraman" to turn off.

List of Admin-only Commands:

- /ahelp – shows available admin commands

- /permban [number] – (PERManent BAN) – this command will ban permanently player of chosen number. For example, writting "/permban 5" will permanently ban player no.5. (see players' ID numbers on score board)
- /tempban [number] – (TEMPorary BAN) – this command will ban temporary (for an hour) player of chosen number.
- /kick [number] – this command will kick player of chosen number out of the server.

- /npermban [name] – (Name PERManent BAN) – Same as "/permban", but uses player name instead of player number. You can write only beginning of the name to have person banned. For example, if you'll write "/npermban th" the first player, whose name starts with "th" letters will be banned. Case insensitive.
- /ntempban [name] – (Name TEMPorary BAN) – Same as above, but will ban only for an hour.
- /nkick [name] – (Name KICK) – Same as above, but will just kick player out.

- /adme [text] – (ADmin MEssage) – send admin message, which is visible on the middle of the screen, to all players. Same as in Admin Options... but quicker. :wink: For example, writting "/adme Behave, you puny mortals!" will send "Behave, you puny mortals!" message to all players.
- /servme [text] – (SERVer MEssage) – display server message in the lower left corner. Can be used for announcements. More "neutral", not as "aggressive" as admin message.

- /polls off – disable sending poll for everybody. Type /polls to enable polls back. Gets reset after some time if admin is not around.
- /swapteams – swaps teams.

- /listtk – (LIST TeamKillers) – shows a list of teamkillers, their ID's and amount of TK's they have commited.
- /autokick [number] – sets the number of teamkills after which player will be autokicked by server (0 – off).

- /mute [number] – mute/unmute (for all) player of chosen number.
- /slay [number] – kill player of chosen number. -1 to kill all.
- /freeze [number] – freeze/unfreeze player. -2 =freeze all, -1 =unfreeze all.
- /heal [number]– heals player of chosen number. -1 to heal all.
- /teleport [number] – teleports player of chosen number to the spawn point.

- /killbots – kills all bots.
- /killhorses – kills all stray horses.

- /spchat on - (SPectator CHAT) – spectator chat is visible to all. Type just /spchat  to turn off. Gets reset after some time if admin is not around.
- /deadchat on – (DEAD CHAT) – dead player’s chat is visible to all. Type just /deadchat to turn off. Gets reset after some time if admin is not around.

- /revive [number] – usable only on Invasion. Forces chosen dead player to respawn in next round. /revive -1 to force-respawn all.
- /refill [number] – Refills player ammo. /refill -1 to refill all players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom