Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

Ser-Volk said:
Well this days thinking while playing the Deluge i have an idea ¿Why dont add The Deluge to the steam workshop of warband? or add to the shop, i mean to start the deluge from steam and that stuff  :?:

And Add The Prussian i like them so much and they are very cool ¿Why dont add some other factions?

Because it's too big.

Ser-Volk said:
Well this days thinking while playing the Deluge i have an idea ¿Why dont add The Deluge to the steam workshop of warband? or add to the shop, i mean to start the deluge from steam and that stuff  :?:

The Deluge uses WSE. WSE-based mods are not supported by the steam workshop. If we wanted our mod there, we would have to make another non-WSE version (with many many features cut out).

Ser-Volk said:
And Add The Prussian i like them so much and they are very cool ¿Why dont add some other factions?

And who will make those new factions? We are already busy with the stuff we have.

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Ser-Volk said:

The Deluge uses WSE. WSE-based mods are not supported by the steam workshop. If we wanted our mod there, we would have to make another non-WSE version (with many many features cut out).

Ser-Volk said:

And who will make those new factions? We are already busy with the stuff we have.

Workshop has been proven the inferior choice to other sites time and time again with countless games, still, it's convenient to check out and you might do well to upload something there, as an advertisement of sorts, that points to moddb or somesuch site. Other mods have done this and I imagine a lot of people are checking out the workshop right now.

YourStepDad said:
Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
Ser-Volk said:

Ser-Volk said:

Workshop has been proven the inferior choice to other sites time and time again with countless games, still, it's convenient to check out and you might do well to upload something there, as an advertisement of sorts, that points to moddb or somesuch site. Other mods have done this and I imagine a lot of people are checking out the workshop right now.

Ok thanks

Have the lances been fixed at all? The last time I tried using one as a polish hussar they where, well.. I hate to be so blunt, but they were horrible. Couching with the lance lasts not long enough and the tip would go right through people without harming them. The lack of left mouse button attacks did not help matters as well.

Massive update is massive. Work that should have been added regularly with patches had been added all at once after the great "drought". :wink:  If it were here all along we would have have had seen 0.6. and 0.7 I presume.

In the Year of our O' Lordy Lordy, 1548, there was a great delay in technology and a halt to the renaissance era, a couple of years later, the great Inventor the Lord Of Slawomir gatherd his finest minds in his domain to craft ingenious creations and fine new coats to further help and progress the Human race in their destruction of each other.

Please fix Cossack faction as soon as possible. Their cavalry has absolutely no weapon against other factions' cavalry. Every other faction has either lances or longer swords while the cossacks have no lances, and only short swords. This leads to a lot of situations where the faction is underpowered. Since cossacks are mainly a cavalry faction, I believe they should have advantages in that regard.

Thalamond said:
Please fix Cossack faction as soon as possible. Their cavalry has absolutely no weapon against other factions' cavalry. Every other faction has either lances or longer swords while the cossacks have no lances, and only short swords. This leads to a lot of situations where the faction is underpowered. Since cossacks are mainly a cavalry faction, I believe they should have advantages in that regard.
You got it backwards. Cossacks are mainly an infantry faction. Their cavalry is the same thing as dragoons in principle. Infantry mounting horses for mobility and some support, but they are not dedicated cavalrymen.

My bad. I always thought cossacks were mainly cavalry  :lol:. Still they are weak compared to other factions in my experience (Battle mode/TDM).

Thalamond said:
My bad. I always thought cossacks were mainly cavalry  :lol:. Still they are weak compared to other factions in my experience (Battle mode/TDM).
Power of cossaks was in shooting infantry. Their cavalry couldn't compete with regular cavalry of any army one on one. It could be used most effectively when flanging enemy's infantry or cavalry or chasing the running enemy. So they were like tatars cavalry wise. But cossak infantry numerous times took a stand against polish hussars, stopped them with gunfire, at the mean time cossak cavalry surrounded stopped hussars from flangs. Polish noble cavalry suffered a lot at times of Khmelnitsky's war for independance 1648-1653.

[quote author=Slawomir of Aaarrghh]
- dropped torches prune time set to 999999 (they shouldn't disappear)
[/quote]

How about doing the same for cannon rams and linstocks? It's always such a bummer when you lose the ability to reload and fire the cannons (usually a torch around for firing, but ramming is a problem and I really don't like carrying a long stick on my back, and absolutely not two...). I had a wee suggestion in relation to this a way back.

When commanding bots I feel the options for two standard bearers is needed, one for the clan banner and one for the faction banner.
Commands to make bots toggle walk/run would be cool too, no idea if being able to tell them to brace their pikes is too difficult but it would be a interesting feature too.  :razz:

Why were added player's bots  to INVASION ? I think they need to remove it! because with them the invasion mode became much more boring and not interesting... also i think you should remove bots or increase the number of invaders

Back
Top Bottom