Suggestions and ideas

Users who are viewing this thread

By the way, I hope that the grenade will be improved. If the timer is not possible, then at least the opportunity to extinguish the wick, if I change my mind. I dream about the possibility to throw a grenade back.  :smile:

NightHawkreal said:
You can make these boxes to work in multiplayer?

The physics engine in warband is client sided, it's possible to put it in multiplayer but it's not sync.

You do not change your mind about the left hand? I have less radical idea. Again need mirrored animation throwing knives for the left hand. Other relatively simple. Add to purchase duplicates of some swords and other weapons. Price equal to the sum of prices of the ordinary weapons and throwing knives. Using the X, can change the throwing knives at a saber or vice versa. Inactive weapon in the hand can be replaced by a "dummy".

I suspect hat it would be too much of a hassle to write scripts from ground up just for some throwing knives, that are used by... 2-3 units total... And next to nobody uses them except for when they feel like having fun instead of being effective.

I would advise against such a feature, it is a waste of time from my point of view.

Or vice versa, will be more point to use knives because they will be a good secondary weapon. Besides, now Rezun or Janissaries look very silly when hiding their sword to throw a knife.

I do not think it is more difficult than creating a cart.

NightHawkreal, adding weapons held in left hand is not as easy as "mirroring animation". So no, there won't be any left handed weapons, at least for next patch.

As for the knives, they'll be more useful, since they'll get nice backstab critical bonus to compensate their short attack range.

No one spoke about the next patch. Although, another month is not too much.  :grin:

Technically, this is not the weapons held in left hand. As I recall, throw of a knife is not associated with the animation of the right hand. Character can throw knives, even if holding his hands behind his back. It's just spawn of a knife.

Hmm ... I think this is not a simulator of the assassin, but the battle, to poke each other with knives in the back.  :smile:

The thing is that something which works fine in one mod, not necessarily will in other mods. There's no easy way to put item in left hand, and when it comes to dual-wielding, it's almost impossible to do currently. You can only fake it by making the left handed item as shield or by making special glove model with left item attached to it, and change player gloves each time weapon is changed. The first soultion sucks in most cases. The second can work just fine, but only when you have very limited number of glove types players can wear and very limited number of pistols or other off-hand items players can pick up. Let's say we have 5 types of gloves (+1 bare hands) and around 10 different pistol models. That gives you 60 special glove models you'll have to add to the mod for this to work.

I didn't play Bear Force, but I'm almost sure it uses the "glove trick", since there shouldn't be many different kinds of pistols available there (one model? two?). Same for gloves.

So for now - there won't be any dual wielding. I thought of adding at least one off-hand pistol to flagbearers, but as far as I can make shooting look quite ok by adding just new animation, I'm afraid it would require a lot of work to script reloading, so it wouldn't look totaly retarded.

You guessed it, this is the only gun, a unique weapon of one of the classes.  But why create the left analog for all existing pistols?

Personally, I was talking about one or two special weapons. Such as rapier+swedish pistol. Or saber and most common small pistol. As a bonus, you can automatically equip fake identical pair of gloves, no one will notice the difference.  :smile:

What means "off-hand"?

Yes, reloading, this is a problem. However, there is a radical option to create exactly this gun singly charged. Or try using a loading animation for simple pistol.  I saw in the teaser that a rack for weapons transferred other hand when reloading. Maybe you can transfer a sword in its sheath, or just make it disappear?

I suggested throwing knives in the same way, they do not need recharging.

Back
Top Bottom