Any linebattle-like stuff planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

KuroiNekouPL said:
As for now, braced pike is pretty much useless... At least I never had an occasion to kill anyone with it.. Except for a teammate... :???:

Bugfix incoming, hope it'll help.

KuroiNekouPL said:
As for now, braced pike is pretty much useless... At least I never had an occasion to kill anyone with it.. Except for a teammate... :???:

Point the sharp end at incoming horse's chest. It's not that hard. :wink:

Next path will fix bracing angle a little. We found it a little too small (45 degrees). Maybe I will also increase bracing damage by few points...

Hofiko said:
To start with, I have to say something similiar to that you've asked not to say. Deluge is slightly different mod than mm, muskets are about 50% of used weapons, while in mm mod it's about 99%. Therefore, battles based mostly on ,,line infantry'' are something ridiculous, when there are tons of other units. I don't like this idea, it'd be nice however to organize some regular event, still not sure what.
what he means is an organised event like they have on MM and i think he means to have muskets, pikes, inf etc etc all fighting in 2 massive armies

Formations do work to a point in this mod, depends on the terrain, if they are out in the open, they get slaughtered. Its more about tactics, which different clans will develop their own.

Swedish squadrons maintained the central pike block flanked by musketeers with ranks of 6 men deep. This presented a broader front which brought more firepower to bear on the enemy. Like the Dutch, Swedish musketeers were drilled to maintain a continuous fire by use of the countermarch. However, Gustavus added the tactic of "doubling the files" when the enemy drew near, in which the rearmost ranks of shot moved up to fill the gaps between the frontline ranks, thus transforming a six-rank formation into three ranks. The front rank would kneel, the second rank would crouch and the third rank would stand. When commanded, all three ranks would fire simultaneously to deliver a devastating salvo, the "Swedish salvee". If the enemy stood firm, the musketeers would reload behind the shelter of the pikes to fire another salvo. As soon as the enemy faltered, the Swedish infantry charged forward to break them in hand-to-hand combat.

When I picture a clan such as our (23rd Black Powder Knights) I picture something such as this (Paragraph above). We can do formations such as this with about 20-30 men easy. And cavalry tactics in this mod is so diverse that it is amazing. (short on time so if wanted I can go into detail later)

If you want your event to be successful, it needs 250 slots and you need to invite M&M clans, who can easily fill up that space. I'm sure I could persuade my clan to join in for an event, it's a well-made fun mod

I think something could be figured out.  You could have a clan split between pikes and muskets and do something with that.  This mod allows a little more strategy that MM since there are a lot of different classes so I could see how something could be started.

HarbingerOfDoom said:
If you want your event to be successful, it needs 250 slots and you need to invite M&M clans, who can easily fill up that space. I'm sure I could persuade my clan to join in for an event, it's a well-made fun mod

What?  :lol:

You don't need any of this. Deluge has done fine without MM nabs for the past year and then some...

963aa40d-1d4f-4136-bb50-7824a6192078.jpg

I don't get it, why people keep comparing us to mm mod community. Are those mods THAT similiar?  :neutral:

Eiríkr Rauði said:
HarbingerOfDoom said:

What?  :lol:

You don't need any of this. Deluge has done fine without MM nabs for the past year and then some...

963aa40d-1d4f-4136-bb50-7824a6192078.jpg
250 slot events without any MM regiments whatsoever?

What you could do is get 100 players and organise them into different units and host an invasion event using the masive map with all cannons and a massive castle on it (ive forgoten the name of the map)

KuroiNekouPL said:
We had quite a nice event at 0.4 without MM regiments (Kircholm) So now, with growing mod community we don't need them either. :wink:

Still, I would love to see 200+ battles on The Deluge filled with MM regiments. I wonder how would it look and how MM players would like our mod. Maybe some of them would leave MM and stay with us afterwards... :wink:

I dont think that many would, some maybe after the game had many patches... But hoestly I think many of them would go back then (if) the MM patch comes out!  :lol:
The way I see this mod now, is as a fun diversion from MM, and if I'm just gonna start up a mod and play, right now, its the deluge :smile:

Slawomir of Aaarrghh said:
KuroiNekouPL said:
We had quite a nice event at 0.4 without MM regiments (Kircholm) So now, with growing mod community we don't need them either. :wink:

Still, I would love to see 200+ battles on The Deluge filled with MM regiments. I wonder how would it look and how MM players would like our mod. Maybe some of them would leave MM and stay with us afterwards... :wink:

Meny of them play both mods...

Back
Top Bottom