Any linebattle-like stuff planned?

Users who are viewing this thread

mikkel the great

Right, before you start yelling 'game no be balanced enough for LBz! u suk!' please to readthe entire thread.

Is there some linebattle-like stuff planned by any server hosts? It would be a nice change from the usualy MM stuff, to fire an entire volley of blunderbusses...

One of the problems I see right now, is the smoke, it does seem to cause quite a lot of lag, even when there's just little of it. And on a server wide scale... o_o

And I would like to ask the dev's 'bout you got any idea about how 'powerful' the server needs to be to host major events?

Posted this while really goddamn tired. I apologize if some of it didnt make much sence

To start with, I have to say something similiar to that you've asked not to say. Deluge is slightly different mod than mm, muskets are about 50% of used weapons, while in mm mod it's about 99%. Therefore, battles based mostly on ,,line infantry'' are something ridiculous, when there are tons of other units. I don't like this idea, it'd be nice however to organize some regular event, still not sure what.

We do plan on having organized battles later on when there are more clans and players, but not line battles, no...

Linebattle-ish would have been better to say. Im not asking for something like people lining up and everyone's got a musket... But just some regular events :smile:

mikkel the great said:
Linebattle-ish would have been better to say. Im not asking for something like people lining up and everyone's got a musket... But just some regular events :smile:

I don't follow you point. Why do you call them linebattles if they are not meant to be linebattles?

Do you think about something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGin-moXsWo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVna32UNMZo&feature=related

Yes, we are planning to organize historical events but firstly we have to finish same features which can help us organize so many people.

I'm quite sure he wasn't talking about Kircholm-like battles. To plan Kircholm, you needed about a month, that was big, scenario event. And he is speaking about regular clan events, if I understand him correctly.

Hey! i'm hopeful that you will enjoy! - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,217132.0.html

Help us!

I don't want to see Linebattles. But I would like to see organized clans in something similar to it, meaning that they are necessarily in-line with muskets, but sticking together as a clan. If a clan wants to get Muskets and line up, let em'... if they want to go melee and blob up... let em' :p

damonkey said:
I don't want to see Linebattles. But I would like to see organized clans in something similar to it, meaning that they are necessarily in-line with muskets, but sticking together as a clan. If a clan wants to get Muskets and line up, let em'... if they want to go melee and blob up... let em' :p
<3

I believe official clan battles would have some aspects of line battle. Such as musket troops would like up in ranks and fire on orders, Pikes would brace in front of them for protection, engineers would build trenches in front and behind for first and final defenses, and finally Cavalry would form up behind or to side to charge enemy troops. The video that was linked a few posts up is a good example. Oh ya when I say muskets line up I do not mean line up and keep firing til you die, a clan should be allowed to fire a few volleys, maybe send a few men to charge enemy while rest stay and fire. Also if they want they can fire and fall back to another position, break into smaller squads and hit the enemy from all sides.

When I mentioned in the mount and musket sub forum that a bashkir Russian horse archer unit would be interesting and wondered if they would consider adding it as a unit I stirred up a lot of horse archer haters there, haha. Just sayin that your thread reminded me of mine!  (sry about bad grammar itouch was used!)

damonkey said:
If they want to die.. let them. Formations don't work...

sammac said:
damonkey said:
If they want to die.. let them. Formations don't work...
well, we could always force formations.... But it would still be a lot cooler if the game rewarded fighting in formations. Heavier smoke that hangs around for longer could be an option... In that way more organized fighting would be necessary. (unless you are a **** who's turned off particle effects...)

I think it would be very cool with some clan matches. Maybe the formations would`t be lines, but something atleast, maybe just a blob. If there were no formations it would feel just like any other public game, don`t you think?

Hugues said:
Odenar said:
Weren't the formations and discipline some of the things that made the Swedes so strong IRL?

I expect it was. Formations are great IRL, but in games, not so much.

Formation is the only thing in this mod to stop cavalry on the open field. With braceable pikes and muskets formations can be very useful.

Back
Top Bottom