Congratulations

Users who are viewing this thread

YourStepDad said:
Well, every new mod gets featured, but even if that was not the case, this badboy would be featured in no time. :wink:
No only some choice mods get featured, like this one right now. I don't know how they work it out though.

Also Congratulations

YourStepDad said:
Well, every new mod gets featured, but even if that was not the case, this badboy would be featured in no time. :wink:
Only a few get featured. For example Vikingr only became the featured mod after it hit about version .81, four months or so after the first public version was released and it wasn't knocked from the 'Featured Mod' spot for ages, even though other MP mods came out in that time - Mercenaries, Festung Breslau & a couple of others. Prior to Vikingr being featured I think it was the WW2: China Battlefield mod.

rapier17 said:
YourStepDad said:
Only a few get featured. For example Vikingr only became the featured mod after it hit about version .81, four months or so after the first public version was released and it wasn't knocked from the 'Featured Mod' spot for ages, even though other MP mods came out in that time - Mercenaries, Festung Breslau & a couple of others. Prior to Vikingr being featured I think it was the WW2: China Battlefield mod.

That is because it wasn't released yet. When the mod manages to go to caravanserai - released warband mods, it gets featured alright. It also gets featured if it gets a notable content update, usually that is every patch that bigger/more popular mods get.

Mercenaries & Festung Breslau both had their own subforums created whilst Vikingr was the Featured Mod. WWII: China Battlefield was the featured mod for months & months despite other mods being released. I think it really depends on;

a) What they really like
and
b) When they can be bothered to update the 'Featured Mod' on these forums.

Congratulations!

I enjoyed the first time on the servers yesterday. The invasion mode is very nice, but there are many polish guys speaking in their language, which can be a bit annoying over time. Its hard to follow and teamplay is not possible :wink:

YourStepDad said:
rapier17 said:
YourStepDad said:

That is because it wasn't released yet. When the mod manages to go to caravanserai - released warband mods, it gets featured alright. It also gets featured if it gets a notable content update, usually that is every patch that bigger/more popular mods get.
The past two mods to get a sub-forum did not get featured, not sure beyond that, didn't check in for a while.

From what I know, it's admins' decision what mod gets "featured" and when (and if ever). Latest "featured mod" was Brytenwalda or Vikingr - one of this two, I'm sure - and those mods were released quite long ago. So it's not that you get "featured" right after releasing the mod or getting your subforum.

Back
Top Bottom