• Kinda

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

xPearse

Sergeant Knight
Tutorial

Making Your Own Zombie Faces for Mount and Blade by xPearse

Ok this tutorial will tell you how to make your own zombie faces for use with mount and blade, but there are a few items that we need first before we continue. They are

• Photoshop
• A mount and blade face texture
• Images of Open Wounds
• And a little patience and concentration

Ok here we go, open up a mount and blade face texture with Photoshop and whatever size it is make it at least 1024x1024 so the added wounds and details will look better. To do that click Image, Image Size and then type in your wanted resolution of the image into the width and length boxes. Also add in the aged version of the face you want as a new layer, to do this just click on your aged image and click select all then edit copy and then paste it into your younger face image and it will be a new layer.

Here is the face I am using for this tutorial loaded up in Photoshop.

Ok now we must put down the saturation of the skin to make it more zombie like. Image, Adjustments, Hue Saturation and lower the saturation to -60 to grey the skin (May differ if you want to make the skin a bit less grey or more). Now do the same for the aged face to grey the skin.

Step 2 – The Eyes

Now this part will show you how to make the eyes bloodshot, the other ways I did the eyes were just using the burn and dodge tools around the eyes and the other one was just making the eye totally white using the dodge heavily. This part is easy so it won’t take much time to do.

Ok now click edit in quick mask mode or simply hit the q key, now choose a small brush and paint around the eyes but don’t touch the pupil as that doesn’t get bloodshot (If you want to you can), if you are correct so far it should be painting red while in the quick mask mode.

After painting the eyes in quick mask mod it should look like this.

Now click again on the quick mask button (or press q) and you should now be selecting the eye part, now inverse the selection or press shift+ctrl+I to inverse and you should have the eyes selected.

Click Image - Adjustments - Colour Balance and then move the slider towards the red part to bloodshot the eyes (The red could range from +60 to +100).

The final result should be like this, make sure you do the same for the aged face.

Step 3 – Adding the Damage and Wounds

Now we are going to add damage parts and such onto the face to make it uglier.
Here are the images I am going to take parts from, warning these pictures are not nice to look at so don’t make me say I told you so. I know these pictures are disgusting but don’t throw up just yet we still have a bit ahead before we finish.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/pic4gunshot.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/pic5knee.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/28/pic6leg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/pic7ugh.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/pic8leg2.jpg/

Now we can cut certain parts of these images off for use with the face texture. First let’s cut a piece of the gunshot wound out, select your Polygonal Lasso Tool and place it around the image like this

Now you must click select – modify – feather and choose a number between 1-20 (May differ when selecting parts of images or how big a resolution your image is). I feather by 20 for this image. After you have feather the image you then copy it on your face texture as a new layer and place it onto the location you want it to be. Also after moving your ugly picture make sure you lower the saturation (I lowered this part by -60) to make the flesh more dead.

Here is a picture of mine so far, notice the wound. We are going to add a couple more.

Now here another part of a different image I have selected, do the same stuff that you did for the first piece

Now on the face

Ok I flick onto the finished zombie face since you can see what the final product looks like and you can just do the same with what you have done with the other images. Here it is below.

You can mix and match whatever to make your final zombie face but remember many of these steps and you will do it right. This face may look a bit off from the rest I did but its better than nothing so I hope this helps you a lot. Remember to save two versions of the image one which is young version and one which is aged.

xPearse

Note : I forgot the feather the image that is over the chin, I should have noticed that I didnt do that but posted this before I went to sleep.

SonKidd said:
I would suggest you putting some of the wounds pictures inside a spoiler and add a disclaimer warning people before viewing it.

Yea Duh just mesaged me about that, posted this before I went to bed.

The transition between skin and wound just does not seem real, When you get cut, or if some flesh is rotting you have a sharp edge proper showing the depth of the wound, not just random wounds pasted into your skin with a soft edge.
What I would suggest is taking the whole part of the wound, including any tissue and blending this tissue with your tissue possibly recoloring it.

Overall its quite nasty stuff you linked  :shock:

Yea I know it doesnt look the best but Im not really that good. This one is kinda bad compared to the other ones I did, heres a pic of the other four faces that look much better. Yea I know thoese image are nasty and I have alot more in a folder that I collect the images that I use.

Yeah they are nasty. But come one, even though these have blood, it's not as nasty as seeing an auto-erotic asphyxiation caused death. Then again the later is also quite messy.

Then again I've seen many crime scene and autopsy photos of people completely dismembered, and chopped into chunks.

Oh well. You might put a warning on the thread title saying it's a little graphic for some viewers.

Ok whats a "auto-erotic asphyxiation caused death", I have no clue.  Kinda off topic but have any of you been on liveleak theres alot of gross video on there like a guy getting cut in half by a race car and stuff. Just search graphic in the search part of the site.

Yea I'll add graphic into the title to warn those who possibly cant stomach it.

To save yourself from trouble you can use the ORIGINAL undead heads and textures found in the game's folder. I have done this for my mod and the zombies look exactly like my avatar

xPearse said:
Ok whats a "auto-erotic asphyxiation caused death", I have no clue.  Kinda off topic but have any of you been on liveleak theres alot of gross video on there like a guy getting cut in half by a race car and stuff. Just search graphic in the search part of the site.

Yea I'll add graphic into the title to warn those who possibly cant stomach it.

You need to add that it's graphic in the original post title, not the latest post.

Anyway breaking it down "auto" (self) erotic (self explanatory) asphyxiation (strangulation/choking). Not explaining any more.

CutContent said:
To save yourself from trouble you can use the ORIGINAL undead heads and textures found in the game's folder. I have done this for my mod and the zombies look exactly like my avatar

Well the native undead zombies are kinda like they have been rotting for years and have risen out of a graveyard but this does not happen in HOTD (Or we dont know but unlikely). The dead rising out of their graves is kinda stupid and not realistic, just saying.

So to put it HOTD zombies recently deceased and zombie your refering are from their graves and not recently dead.

I didnt mean zombies are unrealistic but just for using the rotting carcass version is not as well suited as the recently deceased zombies like those in for example, left for dead, dead rising and the like.

I created an album on imageshack so you guys can get the native faces instead of going to the dds if you want to. I know some of the images in the tutorial are not on imageshack due to terms and such but you still kinda know what to do just feather your image and paste on to face and stuff. Both normal and aged faces are there for you to choose.

Here's the link

http://imageshack.us/g/802/manfacemidage2.png/

Back
Top Bottom