United PW TownGuard [DISBANDED. Read for Info]

Users who are viewing this thread

DrBlacksmith

Grandmaster Knight
The TownGuard have been disbanded, please read my last post for info on the reason.

pwtownwatch.png

Introduction

The United_PW server is recruiting skilled and appropriate members for its Town Guard faction. The Town needs some sort of civilised police force capable of upholding the law and preventing crime in the town, and as a result the town needs guarding. In order to combat this, a Town Guard will be established in order to act as lawmakers, an in addition we will be hiring mercenaries who wish to act as vigilantes but not employed Town Guard members. There will be a very serious and disciplined attitude concerning this Town Guard, as many before have failed and could lead to the downfall of this one due to its shady past. Because of this, the application process will be vigorous and very tough. It will consist of a personal interview, a series of situations that you must deal with and also will be heard by the higher ranks of the Town Guard in order to get a vote concerning their application. The members of the panel who will judge applicants will be made up of admins and experienced, respected, dedicated and trustworthy players. We will not have any old person joining, and we want to ensure that this is done properly, thoroughly and expertly.

The new Town Guard is going to be a hybrid, there will be the interviewed and proper Town Guard members who will have been hand chosen by the panel of judges or higher ranks and then there will be the Civilian Watch; these will be like hired members of the community who wish to help out with the Town Guard, and as a result will add a mix of profession with raw recruits. People who make themselves shown prominently as members of the Civilian Watch may apply for the Town Guard and will be in higher stead for acceptance, however any Civilian Watch who is seen to be misbehaving by an older or more experienced player will be punished, and will be removed from the Civilian Watch, thereby never allowing them to play as the faction again.

Crime and Punishment (Civilian Laws)

The punishments for each crime committed within the town are set out in a clear and easy way to be seen and read by any and all. Breaking of any of these laws will result in the punishment stated in this section of the thread. They will be listed and repeated breaking of the law will result in further consequence each time.

Petty Crimes:
  • Item Theft: The stealing of any item of any particular price - the stolen items can include anything of belonging to another person which you wrongly took from their person upon their death or the accidental dropping of said item. Punishable by a 100 gold fine and the stolen items will be forfeit to the owner, if the owner does not claim ownership, then the item will be kept in custody of the Town Guard until one is found. If no owner is found, the item will be sold and used for the pay of the Town Guard members. (1 hour must be waited until this may happen).
  • Horse Theft: The theft of a horse belonging to someone other than yourself. If someone is to leave a horse unattended, to take it is a crime and can lead to fines. The punishment for this crime is either a 500 gold fine, or if the horse is injured/killed during the event, can lead to the perpetrator having to pay for a new horse for its previous owner. Resisting arrest during the theft of a horse can result in your death if deemed necessary (i.e. fleeing the scene of the crime, attacking Town Guard members or the event escalating).
  • Ore/Money Theft: The theft of money bags or ores is considered to be picking up any stray money bags dropped during a fight or picking up one dropped by another for the purpose of a sale, compensation etc., and stealing something like this could lead to a very expensive punishment. Stealing a money bag or ore will lead to you having to repay the money for the ore or the money in the bag found. You will pay the price of the nearest ore sale point for ores and you will pay the exact amount found in the money bag, and failure to do so will result in fines in excess of 1000 gold. Should you refuse, it could lead to imprisonment, and resisting arrest could lead to your demise (provided the crime escalates).
  • Drunk and Disorderly [RP]: If someone has exceeded the alcohol limit, leading to their inability to function correctly, they will be considered drunk and disorderly. This means abusive shouting, arguments, failure to comply and a general unawareness of your surroundings due to the intoxication caused by the alcohol. Punishment for this crime is a 750 gold fine and arrest until the perpetrator has sobered up enough to be deemed safe to be outside.

Severe Crimes:
  • Assault/Fights: The assault of any person can lead to a very serious punishment. This pertains to attacking any person deliberately with any object which causes damage in some shape or form. If the fight is interrupted successfully, both parties will be detained, and if not then it could lead to the death of one or both participants. Fighting in town could lead to a punishment of fines in excess of 1.5k, and can lead to imprisonment too. Failure to pay the fine will mean an indefinite stay in a prison cell. The maximum time any one person can serve at any time is 10 minutes, and any time longer will result in punishment of the person who is responsible for imprisonment. Additionally, failure to stop fighting upon request can lead to your death.
  • Murder: To kill another person in town, for any reason (excluding war with said faction) will certainly lead in your death. Any action against another player that is considered unjust will mean very serious punishment for you. To murder another player in town will result in death unless the perpetrator of the crime surrenders himself to the law or agrees to pay a compensation to the victim, with a minimum of 5k for the fine.

Roster and Ranks

The Town Guard's application will be very strict and, as stated in the introduction, will be hard to get into. You must be a well known player, and must be accepted by at least two of the three judges/high ranking officials before your application is accepted. Additionally, if you are accepted into the Town Guard, when you are on duty you must always wear the following tags: Town_Guard_*Name*, however for higher ranks it will be as follows: Town_Guard_*Rank*_*Name*. The Civilian Watch is different, though. If you wish to be in the Civilian Watch, all you need to do is be aware of these rules and join the faction. Failure to RP correctly or failure to stick to the rules will result in you being forbidden from joining the faction again. There are optional tags, which are as follows: Civ_Watch_*Name*. We are currently looking for officers for the Civilian Watch (i.e. less dedicated members who have less time that Town Guard members, preferably with experience of either the prior Civil Guard or Town Watch).

Recruit (Rec) There are no responsibilities to this rank, however all recruits are expected to be active and good RolePlayers, and should they not be they will not be accepted as full time Guardsmen. All Recruits will be voted upon for promotion by the higher ranks.
Guard (Grd) The Guards have a responsibility to be a service to the people of the town. They must RolePlay to a high standard and must always be willing to listen to other people. They need to know the crimes and punishments for these crimes in order to be promoted further. They must be very active.
Corporal (Cpl) The Corporal is a senior member of the Guard, he oversees all the people of the Town Guard and makes sure that they are doing their duties correctly. They must also be active, and their responsibilities include activity, good RolePlay and above all you must set a good example for all other guardsmen to adhere to.
Sergeant (Sgt) The Quartermaster is a trainer and is an administrative role. The Quartermaster is responsible for the forums, accepting recruits and training them. The QM will be master of the recruits, and will be expected to teach them both how to RolePlay and the rules of the TG.
Captain (Cpt) The Captain is an officer of the Guard, they will command squads/platoons when we have enough men to do so. They are expected to vote on new applicants and are also expected to be active.
Sheriff The Sheriff  is the highest rank of the Guard, and will lead either the TG or the CW. These Sheriffs have command over the Captain. There is one Captain to each Sheriff.

Roster
Town Guard
Sheriff Scorpia, Captain Maximus, Sergeant DrDoom151, Corporal Farlorn, Guard Durell, Guard Asdru, Guard Desaix, Guard Auturius,  Recruit Sarnek, Recruit Kerll, Recruit Matthew, Recruit Escoly,  Recruit Arterus, Recruit Taelinn, Recruit Honeydew,  Recruit John Beck, Recruit Olaf Bloodsting,

Civil Watch
Captain Shirkey, Volunteer Christian, Volunteer Alric, Volunteer Outlaw, Volunteer Tilaros.

Green shows that the player is an officer and doesn't have a vote. Blue shows that the player is an officer and has a vote. Black shows that the player is an enlisted guard.
Please inform me if i missed anyone else.
Application Form
Application (Basic Details)
In-Game Name:
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate)
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?)

Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)
Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do?
There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?
You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down?
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?

Copy and paste this code, fill it out appropriately.
Code:
[center][b][u]Application (Basic Details)[/u][/b][/center]
[b]In-Game Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch ([s]strike[/s] where appropriate)[/b]
[b]References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?)[/b]

[center][b][u]Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)[/u][/b][/center]
[b]Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do?[/b]
[b]There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?[/b]
[b]Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?[/b]
[b]You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down?[/b]
[b]There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?[/b]

If you have any suggestions for the thread then please feel free to let me know what you think needs adding. I hope that the image and the introduction text fit well together, I have a small computer screen so as it is is a perfect fit, although I'm sure it may be off for others.

Although I don't think I'll be joining. I wish you the best of luck! Glad it's reformed.

EDIT: Yey first. +1,000,000,000 points.

In-Game Name:John_Beck
Nationality:Sweden.
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate) I've tried it out before and i hate when outlaws can just steal everything so its also out of justice sake.
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?) Talked to the admin Maximus yesterday and he said he would vouch for me.

Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do? Well he logged out and therefore the items aren't his anymore so i would do nothing.
There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight? I would step in between them with a shield and tell them to stop the fighting.
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed? Well if they disagreed about someone just bumping him or kicking them i would say they would have to return the gold and weapons he got of the dead player's body.
You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down? Well i would threaten him with that i will kill him if he doesn't stop and if he continues i would kill him.
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens? I would tell the thief to get off so the owner could take back the horse and i would hold the owner off from the thief but i would force the thief to pay a fine considering its a petty crime.

In-Game Name:John_Westport
Nationality:Croatian(Croat)
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate)Today I was in Tg I really liked it and town needs law
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?)Well I can t say but today I was with you Scorpio and many more lads
Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do?I would ask the looter to return eqipment to the owner if not it would be a bad day dor him
There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?I would stand between them with defense fits or shilde andd tell em to stop and inprosn some or ask questions
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?If the murder dosen t want to refund viuctim I would inprison him or call admin
You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down?I would kick him few times call for backup mabye
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?I would calm the victim down and said is just a horse and I would make thife buy new horse

I apply to be Civ Guard. I was in the old Town watch and got promoted to sergeant. that is the old old town watch when the current map was on.

In-Game Name:#
Olaf_Bloodstring
Nationality:
Welash
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate)
Because there are alot of crimes in town such as horse theft and bandits just robbing people right by the stockpiles etc.
I was recruited by Scorpia in the last TG i think.

Someone in town dies/logs out, they drop their items and armour because they have died. Someone quickly loots the body and steals the items, the person returns to collect their things (if they didn't log out) and sees that their body has been looted. You notice the event, what do you do?
I explani to him what happened but say that whatever happened to him still enabled the other person to loot which is not against the rules.
There is a fight in town, someone has insulted the other player verbally and a fist fight ensued. The players seem intent on beating each other to a bloody pulp and you must intervene using non-lethal force (not using weaponry), what will you do to break up the fight?
I would ask them to stop and if they do not respond i will get my sheildout and get in the middle of them and if they still don't stop i will kick them to show them that i am making a threat.
Someone in the town killed another player, and the player is very upset with the murder. Upon inspection, it appears that there was no major reason, other than some basic forms of RolePlay, the factions were not at war/both players were commoners. How do you proceed?
I would arrest the man for murder and explain to the man murdered that the kill was made due to RP.
You have detained a player for breaking the law, however he continues to resist arrest and is refusing to listen to you or anyone else. How would you go about defusing the situation, and what would you do in order to calm the man down?
I would tell him to calm down and if he does not kick him to show him i will not take this nonsense and if he still doesn't respond i would shoot him with an arrow as a threat and kill him if it gets any worse.
There has been a horse theft in the town and the victim is irate. He is seeking to kill the player who stole his horse, who appears to have fled the scene. However, the thief has returned to town without the horse, and the victim has noticed him. How would you go about intervening the situation to ensure that nothing happens?
I would arrest the man who stole the horse for theft and also his saftey and tell the man who seeks to kill him that he shall be punished for his crimes.

Application (Basic Details)​

In-Game Name: General_Thor
Nationality: Belgium
I was Sgt in the first townwatch and i just love doing it helping ppl and keeping order

Situations (Advanced Questioning for Town Guard applicants only)​

He died so technically his items arent his anymore, but i would ask the looter if he would mind giving the stuff back.
Stand in between them and shout stop, then call for back up and tell them that fighting in town is not allowed and that they need 2 take the fight outside the town and i would warn the guy for his insults or make him pay a fine.
Ill go to the killer and tell him refund the guy or ill cast him out of town, if he does not do this ill get a admin to sort out the matter.
I tell him to calm down en listen to me if that does not help then i would try to intimidate him by calling back up if that does not help ill give a warning shot.
Tell them to stop and listen first, ill tell the thief to pay a fine equal to the horse or that i will take him to jail.

Raging Womble said:
I apply to be Civ Guard. I was in the old Town watch and got promoted to sergeant. that is the old old town watch when the current map was on.
You still need to make a Application, just not the questions, just main info about you :smile:

Edit: Also Question, everyone says "And call for backup" But how would you as a matter for fact call for another Guard?
Please do tell.

Scorpia said:
Raging Womble said:
You still need to make a Application, just not the questions, just main info about you :smile:

Edit: Also Question, everyone says "And call for backup" But how would you as a matter for fact call for another Guard?
Please do tell.

faction chat or use the local chat but then shout it

Remember faction chat is Out of Character as you do not have a radio in medieval times. Although it often gets used In Character anyway because of it's convenience.

Scorpia said:
Raging Womble said:

Please do tell.

Kermit, the very old guard. You weren't a part of it, as far as I remember. I was in one of the older guards, Death's, when he was admin, he had a guard which was full to the brim with randomers and n00bs, but I dedicated a lot of time to it. Mostly because he paid 30k an hour... which is why I vowed I'd never pay the guards. Anyway, I don't expect you will remember him, however I think I recognise him.

I think this is a great oportunity for make a better job from all actual and future guards! So I say I won't fail! Together we can!

Veber said:
In-Game Name:John_Westport
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch (strike where appropriate)Today I was in Tg I really liked it and town needs law
References/recommendations (does anyone support you or were you recruited?)Well I can t say but today I was with you Scorpio and many more lads
[...]

No. Age doesn't matter much to me, but it seemed to me like he misses the maturity and patience to properly solve a crime in town. I've watched him yesterday for quite some time as well. I also think he didn't put much effort into this application. Eventhough English is not his native language and he's still young, least you can do is check your application for spelling and/or grammar mistakes.

Colabear said:
In-Game Name:#
Olaf_Bloodstring
Nationality:
Welash
Because there are alot of crimes in town such as horse theft and bandits just robbing people right by the stockpiles etc.
I was recruited by Scorpia in the last TG i think.
[...]

Yes. I've seen him Guard town for around 60 minutes as a volunteer a few days back. Liked what I saw. From what I've seen he has the patience to properly solve crimes. Although I think the application could've used a little more effort from his side.

I haven't spent any/enough time with General_Thor and John_Beck to vote.

I've noticed that I lost my voting priveliges, my rank and my status as TG. There must be a logical reason for this I presume.

Well in some terms you are right but I would like to help you guys like a voulunteer and sorry about my grammar

In-Game Name:Joe_Dirt
Reason for wanting to be in the Town Guard/Civilian Watch: I love helping to comaners and i can resolved problems in city.I am ok figter i know this mod very good so i think i need chance.
I play warband 2 year but this mod 1 year.

Back
Top Bottom