My question

Users who are viewing this thread

Atoslugis

Recruit
Hello, everyone. As you can see i am new here. And i got some questions. And first of all sorry for my bad, English.

1. How to be marshal?
2. What renow and honor does?
3. What to level up?
4. What sword, axe, bow should i use?
5. Are the vaegirs strong? I like vaegirs so i ask.

Please answer as fast as possible!

Atoslugis said:
1. How to be marshal?
Once you are a vassal to a King (or Sultan or Khan) and have enough renown, he sometimes asks you to become Marshall for some time.

Atoslugis said:
2. What renow and honor does?
With more honor, certain (honorable) Lords (and Ladies) will like you more (get a small relationship bonus with you depending on your Honor rate). The personality on Lords & Ladies is generated randomly for each safegame.
Renown... well, high renown gives you the chance to become a vassal, and later, become marshall (need more renown for that), get conquered castles from your liege (needs good relationship with him too). Also, it increases your maximum party size.
(There may be more things about renown which I forgot for now...)

Atoslugis said:
3. What to level up?
You mean "What does one need to level up?" Simple. Get experience. Kill badguys, do quests for Lords and/or Guild Masters (those are in towns).

Atoslugis said:
4. What sword, axe, bow should i use?
Which you like, meet your needs (& skills), and are affordable for you.

Atoslugis said:
5. Are the vaegirs strong? I like vaegirs so i ask.
Yeah, they're not bad. But they tend to lose from Nords in Sieges.
But they got the best archers in the game, and decent infantry & cavalry.

Joe pretty much got it all, few little things though.

Alternate way to become marshal is to take up the claimant quest, while on the quest and usually (for me anyway) a short while after the quest you will be marshal. It also helps to really bump up your relation with your liege.

I took your "What to level up?" as more of a what skills/attributes should I level up: To answer that... whatever suits your character best. Are you a brawler? Prioritize strength and agility (little charisma never hurt either) For skills you would want iron flesh, and power strike, athleticism, and shield. Again those are just priorities, things like pathfinding, trade, inventory management can be a boost if you find yourself with an extra skill point or two. If you are using a bow add power draw to that list, thrown weapons add power throw. If you are playing more of the tactician general then focus on intelligence and charisma, boost your leader, trade, tactics, persuasion and so on...

What weapons you should use follows the same as what to level up. Personally I say use whatever bow works best for you, I personally like nomad or khergit bows until I get a fairly high proficiancy at which point I switch to a short bow or a hunting bow (masterwork always). Reason being that the damage difference when dealing with super high proficiency is negligible. So long as I still do enough damage to drop most enemies in a single shot then there is no reason for me not to take the faster firing bow.

My personal favorite has two setups that I use. Mind you the game I am playing has mods so not all of the gear is available.
For field battles I use a heavy sabre + huscarls shield + 2x double crossbows (I don't carry bolts they come out loaded so I get 4 shots).
For sieges I drop one of the crossbows in favor of bolts and pick up a heavy iron axe instead of the sabre.

Vaegirs can be strong if used correctly. As Joe said they have the best archers in the game, personally I find the Vaegir guards to be lacking as many spawn without shields however they can pack a wallop. The cavalry... People always underrate them but they can cause mayhem just as well as any others in the field.

To be honest, I haven't played much with Vaegirs (and then only when I had Vanilla some days). But I guess they'd do very well in my hands, especcially in villages. My favourite units are infantry armed with 2handers, and I arm my companions as such, with 2handed swords & plate armor.

I think I'll try out a Vaegir infantry char sometime too...

Back
Top Bottom