Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is recreating destroyed faction, by their lords, a mod feature or it was like this in native?

It's so annoying, just destoyed sarranids, released their captured lords (they'd run anyway someday) and few days later, bam, they recreated their faction with 13 lords at start...

Zaffes said:
What does the Fog of War enables?  I really couldnt find anything about this:sad:
With "Fog of War" on, the location of towns/villages/castles...bridges...are hidden from your player party until you get in range of them, unlike Native when the full map is shown from the beginning.

krnja21 said:
Soooo, this thing about the barracks? Anyone?
Im not sure, but i think it adds to the experience stationed troops receive. Might be best to ask on the diplo board (i believe this is a diplo feature).

Hey - Is this a problem?
When i fight i see the renown value i will get after a battle... I don't get any or i get 1-2 don't remember even for big battles.
Same for tournaments after each round i get like the awards: for (before) - 250xp,3renown,250xp 2-3renown. After that i start I get either ONLY the xp and 1-2 renown (max) . Now when i get like to 500xp or a lot more i don't get any renown ALSO in the end when i am fist i get like 1/3 of that i shoud get : / .
Or i mess something up and this is not true? - I look at the char window for my renown ofc.

This is native code. The higher your overall renown is, the less renown you receive for battles,etc.

Hello to everyone,

i am new to MBW and this fantastic mod; i really admire this glorios mod. A salute to the developers :grin:

But here are my questions:

Is it posible to give orders on the battlefield only to my companions; and if so, how does it work?

How does it work to group my men into divisions?

Thanks in advance for your help

julianus apostata said:
Hello to everyone,

i am new to MBW and this fantastic mod; i really admire this glorios mod. A salute to the developers :grin:

But here are my questions:

Is it posible to give orders on the battlefield only to my companions; and if so, how does it work?
In party menu, on the big map, find your companions, then put them into a division - named companions for example. To do that, click the Infantry buton near the portrait (or Cavalry or Archers, depending who it is really. Then a menu pops up.

How does it work to group my men into divisions?
Just like I said above
Thanks in advance for your help

there are some who don't like each other, but nothing linked to RtR, for so far i know.(i have 75 RtR and recognized by 2 nations)

but also another question from me. i also asked this in the support, but, as i stated, everyone ignores me. now, the question:

is their a way to get the banners behind companion-vassals in notes back?

voncken said:
there are some who don't like each other, but nothing linked to RtR, for so far i know.(i have 75 RtR and recognized by 2 nations)

Just double checked, the objections to certain companions going on right to rule missions is very much there. The list in Native goes:

Alayen - Borcha objects
Borcha - Lezalit objects
Lezalit - Katrin Objects
Katrin - Artimenner Objects
Artimenner - Rolf Objects
Rolf - Firentis Objects
Firentis - Matheld Objects
Matheld - Marnid Objects
Marnid - Klethi Objects
Klethi - Jeremus Objects
Jeremus - Nizar Objects
Nizar - Bunduk Objects
Bunduk - Deshavi Objects
Deshavi - Ymira Objects
Ymira - Baheshtur Objects
Baheshtur - Alayen Objects

What I'd like to know is how the new companions fit in (since figuring it out the hard way would be most tedious.)

NPC #   
COMPANION        DISLIKES              DISLIKES              LIKES                    THIS PERSON'S SUPPORT IS OBJECTED BY
1​
BorchaDeshaviGhazwanMarnidLezalit
2​
MarnidBaheshturNadiaBorchaKlethi
3​
YmiraOdvalSajjadAlayenBaheshtur
4​
RolfBundukDeshaviSajjadFirentis
5​
BaheshturMarnidKatrinGhazwanFloris
6​
FirentisKatrinNizarFlorisMatheld
7​
DeshaviBorchaRolfKlethiEdwyn
8​
MatheldJeremusEdwynNizarMarnid
9​
AlayenFlorisOdvalYmiraBorcha
10​
BundukRolfLezalitKatrinDeshavi
11​
KatrinFirentisBahesturBundukArtimenner
12​
JeremusMatheldArtimennerOdvalNizar
13​
NizarNadiaFirentisMatheldBunduk
14​
LezalitEdwynBundukArtimennerKatrin
15​
ArtimennerGhazwanJeremusLezalitRolf
16​
KelthiSajjadFlorisDeshaviJeremus
17​
FlorisKelthiAlayenFirentisGhazwan
18​
NadiaMarnidNizarEdwynAlayen
19​
OdvalYmiraAlayenJeremusSajjad
20​
SajjadYmiraKlethiRolfNadia
21​
GhazwanBorchaArtimennerBaheshturOdval
22​
EdwynMatheldLezalitNadiaYmira

Note: Data taken from script_initialize_npcs and current for Floris 2.5.

That list cant be right. I know for sure Borcha objects to Alayen being sent and doubt no one has issues with Marnid :neutral:

halfeclipse said:
That list cant be right. I know for sure Borcha objects to Alayen being sent and doubt no one has issues with Marnid :neutral:
This is possible.  I copied the commented names, but it could be some of those weren't updated when we altered who cares about what.  I'll have a look.

Edit: You were correct about Marnid.  I had two Borcha's on that list.  Matheld objects to Marnid's support.  Simply a copy/paste error.
Edit: You were wrong about Borcha & Alayen.  That may be how "native" works, but this list IS correct for Floris 2.5 which is what it was intended to reflect. Indeed, I had them backwards.

My referring to Borcha objecting to  Alayen was because I've had Borcha grump at me for sending Alayen in Floris 2.5. To the bug report thread!

halfeclipse said:
My referring to Borcha objecting to  Alayen was because I've had Borcha grump at me for sending Alayen in Floris 2.5. To the bug report thread!
Are you sure this was not during the beta periods?  The objections where out of sync at one point, but they should be correct now.

As it's occurring in my 2.5 game currently, most certain.

Edit: Did some testing, you've got the list backwards. Ghazwan objects to Floris, Floris objects to Baheshtur, etc. Mystery solved!

How about some trade tips. Now when every item in the market is good, perfect, cheep, excellent, it  is much harder to keep up with prices.
What is the purpose of this leveling for all items I wonder?
Can i take some low tier Iron and make some iron with better quality and so on...?

Thanks in advance and btw great mod!

halfeclipse said:
Edit: Did some testing, you've got the list backwards. Ghazwan objects to Floris, Floris objects to Baheshtur, etc. Mystery solved!
Well that makes sense.  And here I forgot that was how it ended up getting messed up in the first place.  For each NPC it stores who objects to them, not who they object to.  Thank you for the correction.  The title for that column has been reworded to be correct.  The list should be accurate now.

bojan811 said:
How about some trade tips. Now when every item in the market is good, perfect, cheep, excellent, it  is much harder to keep up with prices.
What is the purpose of this leveling for all items I wonder?
Can i take some low tier Iron and make some iron with better quality and so on...?
1) Use the trade ledger by Caba'drin to help track prices around the map.  It is populated with data when you assess local prices in the marketplace.  Beyond that a large revision to the economy & trading aspect of the game will be upcoming in Floris' future to deal with the issues caused by 1.143.
2) To add a little variety mostly.
3) There is no feature available for this.

Back
Top Bottom