Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Windyplains said:
halfeclipse said:
Edit: Did some testing, you've got the list backwards. Ghazwan objects to Floris, Floris objects to Baheshtur, etc. Mystery solved!
Well that makes sense.  And here I forgot that was how it ended up getting messed up in the first place.  For each NPC it stores who objects to them, not who they object to.  Thank you for the correction.  The title for that column has been reworded to be correct.  The list should be accurate now.

Welcome.

bojan811 said:
How about some trade tips. Now when every item in the market is good, perfect, cheep, excellent, it  is much harder to keep up with prices.
What is the purpose of this leveling for all items I wonder?
Can i take some low tier Iron and make some iron with better quality and so on...?

They modify the buy/sell value of the item. So if you buy Iron for 80 and sell it for 250 (for a profit of 170), with Poor as the modifier it would be bought for 64 and sell for 200 for a profit of 136. Compare to masterwork iron which would be bought for 1400 and sell for 4375 netting you a 2975 gain. Try and give preference to positive modifiers and avoid negative ones unless you've got nothing better to spend denars on (Duh).

It does make figuring out if a given item will make you money or not a bit more annoying. I just took to keeping one of each item I was trading on hand, and used that as my comparison

Edit: Since enterprises will output normally regardless of modifiers on input goods, stockpiling those goods negative modifiers would be beneficial. Provided you plan on microing your enterprises anyways.

And for anyone who'll find it useful, who objects to whom, ordered for your convenience:

#      Companion     
[td]Objects To[/td]
[tr][td]0[/td][td]Lezalit[/td][td]Borcha[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]1[/td][td]Borcha[/td][td]Alayen[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]2[/td][td]Alayen[/td][td]Nadia[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]3[/td][td]Nadia[/td][td]Sajjad[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]4[/td][td]Sajjad[/td][td]Odval[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]5[/td][td]Odval[/td][td]Ghazwan[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]6[/td][td]Ghazwan[/td][td]Floris[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]7[/td][td]Floris[/td][td]Baheshtur[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]8[/td][td]Baheshtur[/td][td]Ymira[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]9[/td][td]Ymira[/td][td]Edwyn[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]10[/td][td]Edwyn[/td][td]Deshavi[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]11[/td][td]Deshavi[/td][td]Bunduk[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]12[/td][td]Bunduk[/td][td]Nizar[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]13[/td][td]Nizar[/td][td]Jeremus[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]14[/td][td]Jeremus[/td][td]Kelthi[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]15[/td][td]Kelthi[/td][td]Marnid[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]16[/td][td]Marnid[/td][td]Matheld[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]17[/td][td]Matheld[/td][td]Firentis[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]18[/td][td]Firentis[/td][td]Rolf[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]19[/td][td]Rolf[/td][td]Artimenner[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]20[/td][td]Artimenner[/td][td]Katrin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]21[/td][td]Katrin[/td][td]Lezalit[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]22[/td][td]Lezalit[/td][td]Borcha[/td][/tr]

Nice reworking of the list.  There is a couple of minor things to note.  Lezalit is listed twice.  The companion #'s are offset by 1.  They do not begin at 0 in this case as I was using their "npc#" values they are identified by.

How can I add Polished Landscapes quickly to this mod? (I do realize it's already in, but the grass doesn't look as good as PL's to be honest)? I would have just replaced textures for the grass but since it's using some other pack...

Tiberius said:
How can I add Polished Landscapes quickly to this mod? (I do realize it's already in, but the grass doesn't look as good as PL's to be honest)? I would have just replaced textures for the grass but since it's using some other pack...
See the FAQ, specifically the "Removing or changing Mods from the pack" and the "Q: How can I remove just a part of the graphical enhancements, like the grass or the original trees, from the mod?" question and go from there.

Windyplains said:
Nice reworking of the list.  There is a couple of minor things to note.  Lezalit is listed twice.  The companion #'s are offset by 1.  They do not begin at 0 in this case as I was using their "npc#" values they are identified by.
Thanks.

The idea would be to start at 1, with Lezalit up top to save people from having to jump to the bottom of the list to see who not to have in their party. Course that might just change the issue of people not noticing his objecting to Borcha, to one of not noticing Katrin objects to him but what can you do. 

Same idea (well kinda) for the numbers. They aren't meant to be the npc# values, but rather so people can find/remember where they left off a bit easier.

Edit: 11 posts on two pages. Quick question. Ha!

Caba`drin said:
Tiberius said:
See the FAQ, specifically the "Removing or changing Mods from the pack" and the "Q: How can I remove just a part of the graphical enhancements, like the grass or the original trees, from the mod?" question and go from there.

Ah, thanks.

For providing enterprises with trade goods, will higher quality input result in a higher quality output, or would feeding my weavery and dyeworks something like masterwork silk be a massive waste of money?

halfeclipse said:
For providing enterprises with trade goods, will higher quality input result in a higher quality output, or would feeding my weavery and dyeworks something like masterwork silk be a massive waste of money?
It would be a waste of money.

Anyone have some advice for swadian army composition (extended troop tree)? I'm currently running a combination of sheriffs, cavalry and regular archers and been doing fine, but not sure how well it will do in sieges, or what a real cavalry charge would do to it.

Edit: Actually is there any way to guarantee sheriffs their polearms? It would go a ways to helping any cavalry woes.

You should be able to order a group to use only polearms while in the field.  You should also be able to set that in your pre-deployment orders.

halfeclipse said:
Edit: Actually is there any way to guarantee sheriffs their polearms? It would go a ways to helping any cavalry woes.
oh_no said:
You should be able to order a group to use only polearms while in the field.  You should also be able to set that in your pre-deployment orders.
Doing this will help be sure they use them...but unfortunately won't guarantee that they spawn with those weapons.

Native Warband allows us to guarantee a ranged weapon, a mount, and any bit of armor and it automatically guarantees some sort of melee weapon. It allows no control over guaranteeing specific weapon types.

As one of the little projects I've got going, I'm trying to come up with as parsimonious a way as possible to modder-add these guarantees. The code is totally possible...check agent on spawn, see what gear they have, give other equipment if a variable is marked for them...but it would be outside the range of what is editable with a tool such as Morgh's Editor, so I'm looking for any way to make it as obvious/easy to edit as possible for other folks. I've a few ideas in the works--one that I was sure would work out with the Warband Script Enhancer didn't end up working--but hopefully this is something you see in the future.

Figured as much but was wroth asking to be sure. Something to look forward to in the future I guess. What about freelancers? Their skirmisher line is basically the same unit so if I give them a shield, pole-arm and a bow+arrows (and nothing else) will they spawn with all 4?

Also, Swadian highlanders. Would I be correct in assuming I should keep them the heck away from archers?

How to meet guild master in some towns. I am playing as vassal for Rhodok and in Jelkala i can`t buy enterprise and start a business because it says that i haven meet guild master jet.

In diplomacy this was never the case and either mods, so what do i need to do?

Go into town and talk to them? This is diplomacy code, it was included in the latest updates.

You have to find them in the town first.  Choose the option to walk around town, find the guildmaster, and then you'll be able to meet him at any time from the menu.  In my experience, they're usually nearby the tavern, so sometimes it's easier to just go to the tavern and walk out the door.

Are enterprises even worth it? It seems like as of now they lose me way more revenue than earn. They seemed more profitable in 2.4 - Does this have something to do with Bandits killing every caravan and village party that is traveling to and fro the town?

Back
Top Bottom