Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

When companions join my party their title always changes to 'palantinus'. so for instance, I'll hire 'Hero Nadia' but once she joins my party she's Palantinus Nadia.  Is this supposed to happen or am I getting a bug?

Also, I really like the Heraldic Mail-and-plate from Narf's transitional armor.  I see mercenaries wearing it but haven't seen it for sale anywhere in 120 in game days, is it for sale or is it flagged as mercenary equipment that doesn't get sold?

lfish said:
When companions join my party their title always changes to 'palantinus'. so for instance, I'll hire 'Hero Nadia' but once she joins my party she's Palantinus Nadia.  Is this supposed to happen or am I getting a bug?
Not a bug. This is part of the Latin-based title extensions. You should find an explanation in the Notes window under the Game Concepts tab.

lfish said:
Also, I really like the Heraldic Mail-and-plate from Narf's transitional armor.  I see mercenaries wearing it but haven't seen it for sale anywhere in 120 in game days, is it for sale or is it flagged as mercenary equipment that doesn't get sold?
It looks like it won't be available to be sold because it is marked as "player_faction"...and the town merchants only stock goods with factions matching the faction their town began the game with, and since no towns began the game as "player faction", none will ever stock it. (I am unsure if this was an intentional design choice or not.)

You can change this by loading up Morgh's Editor and the items editor there. Find the armors starting with "ar_pla_t2_tabard_a" those are all the player faction armors. You can add another faction to their list and it will be stocked normally in towns that began the game as the faction you select. More directly, you could enable cheat/debug mode and in the cheat menu in your camp menu use the "find and item" cheat and buy it directly from there.

Arent merc items in the store for player kingdom towns? I think that was how monn set it up.

Hello,

I just started playing the new Floris release and I noticed that the banner that I usually pick is not around anymore.  I am curious as to whether or not I can get it somehow.  It was an original banner in vanilla Warband.  It is a sort of white flame over a white semi circle on a blue field. 

Great mod by the way!

GiggleGoose said:
I just started playing the new Floris release and I noticed that the banner that I usually pick is not around anymore.  I am curious as to whether or not I can get it somehow.  It was an original banner in vanilla Warband.  It is a sort of white flame over a white semi circle on a blue field. 
You'll need an image editor that can read .dds files (like The GIMP, or Photoshop). Then you'll find the banner files with obvious names in the \Textures\ folder. Similarly for Native. A little copy-paste over one you don't like and you can bring your preferred banner back.

and some new questions i like to ask:

-when you enter notes and you go to one of your lords(companions who are made lord) and they don't show their banner behind them. is their already a solution to that(if possible savegame compatible)

-i possibly asked this a while ago already, but: the clothing issue with lord companions. they ange there cloths in weird sort of dresses......?!@*%# is there a solution???????(savegame compatible pls)

-is it possible to get a castle without be at war with the faction that holds it? i have good relations with the swadians, but they hold a castle that is very strategically located and i would like to have it(as in'giving it to one of my companion vassals')

-where is Lezalit? i try to find him, but i can't. does anybody know where he is?

-who are the new companions? i know Edwyn and Floris, but what about the rest?

voncken said:
-where is Lezalit? i try to find him, but i can't. does anybody know where he is?
He is definitely still in the game.  They move their location around every 3 days and it is random.

-who are the new companions? i know Edwyn and Floris, but what about the rest?
Nadia, Odval, Ghazwan and Sajjad.

So can someone explain the concept of barracks please? If i understood correctly they should improve my troop training? Because when i order my war advisor to train troops they only get to tier 3, same as without barracks, and at the same pace. Am i missing something?  :?:

Caba`drin said:
GiggleGoose said:
You'll need an image editor that can read .dds files (like The GIMP, or Photoshop). Then you'll find the banner files with obvious names in the \Textures\ folder. Similarly for Native. A little copy-paste over one you don't like and you can bring your preferred banner back.

Alright.  I did all of this and I actually got my banner back sort of.  The problem is that there appears to be a slight size difference between the Floris banners and the vanilla ones.  Therefore, when I add in my own banner, it appears slightly off center and incorporates some of the banner next to it.  I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fix this error. 

is there an easy way to change the flags back to native or to another flag pack? im not a fan of many of the new ones, some are even blurrier than the default and not very recognizable.

Mattk50 said:
is there an easy way to change the flags back to native or to another flag pack? im not a fan of many of the new ones, some are even blurrier than the default and not very recognizable.

Caba`drin said:
GiggleGoose said:

I think the banner.dds files have the same number of banners in them. Double check before you do a full-file copy-replace, but it should be quite straight forward.

1.  Is there a purpose of the armoury accessible through the constable?  It fills up with high level "Red Diplomatic Coat of Plates" (no requirement) and "Mail Hose" (str req 9) and after taking out half never seems to do much else.

2.  If one does not want companions to pick up all the fodder and one does not wish to pick up rocks and snow balls is there a way to bypass the "Let your companions pick up....."  I recall a "done." button.

3.  I remember talk of flintlock pistols being included.  In the reference sheet there are a couple here and there.  ~900 days in and I have yet to see any.  Finally got my "Lordly Black Vaegir Lamellar" armour though.  :mrgreen:

For those that love the heraldry being displayed on troops and armour (myself included) if you prefer the tower shields (for castle takes/defense or ground companions) you can find some from sea battles with other factions (not "Sea Raiders").  Though I have yet to find a heraldic tower shield with a "Reinforced" modifier.

galbraithe said:
1.  Is there a purpose of the armoury accessible through the constable?  It fills up with high level "Red Diplomatic Coat of Plates" (no requirement) and "Mail Hose" (str req 9) and after taking out half never seems to do much else.
Ask the Diplomacy folks :wink:
It should function as yet another place to stash stuff, if you want, no more and no less. As for getting stuffed with the Constable's equipment, it's a bug inherited from the Diplo code...one that I thought I took care of but clearly failed to do so, but this failure was missed in our final open beta round.

galbraithe said:
3.  I remember talk of flintlock pistols being included.  In the reference sheet there are a couple here and there.  ~900 days in and I have yet to see any.
They are included as cheat-able items. They won't show up in any merchants.

Caba`drin said:
They are included as cheat-able items. They won't show up in any merchants.

well ty.  I was wondering, wat with the time period and all.  Figured that was a good 400 years early or so...

I suppose this would be a good place to ask this.  It is just a general question on Version numbering.  Once upon a time you would come out with a software program called "Colonel Napalm Kicks Black Ninja Butt" and this would be Version 1.0.  A patch to fix where Colonel Napalm is suppose to sever a Black Ninja's head but only got his nose cut off instead would be Version 1 revision 1 or simply v1.1.  When several patches were installed and a general update on the program was made you would see "Colonel Napalm kicks Black Ninja Butt" version 2.0 which introduced all the patches plus new material as well.

My question would be - there seems to be some major changes to Floris going on so wouldn't these be more like Floris 3.0 or 4.0 versus 2.5 & 2.6? 

The simple answer is that we plan to continue Floris for a long while. If we moved the version number from 2 to 3 for a simple update (okay rather large update) like 2.4 to 2.5, then we would end up with Floris 10 within the next 2 years. That looks silly and isnt really needed. The current plan is to update every 2-4 months from now on and it will always be a .x change.

Why did you remove the most badass looking sword ever? The Kingslayer was vital to my RP D:

Seriously, I liked that thing. It looked original. In my opinion, you should remove most of the bland, same looking swords, while keeping all the cool stuff in.

Yes, I know it wasn't buyable. Still badass.

/rant

I love your mod.

Back
Top Bottom