Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there any way to make the world camera static? Certain things like the camera sway are starting to get annoying. I'd like the camera movement to stay ' fixed ' , instead of floating.

Hey guys...
I'm searching some way to properly use horse archers.
Well... For me,  they need to circle the enemy harassing with their bows and arrows avoiding melee.
But, when I ask them to avoid melee (skirmish) and use only missiles, in a short time they start routing.
Is there anyway to avoid this happen?
Detail: — orders: skirmish and missiles only = routing
          — order: Missiles only = just sending them to charge = engaging on melee.  :roll:

Yeah it's a bug with how the AI works with the skirmish orders. The skirmish AI actually works by making them flee from combat for a short time. When they get to the edge of the map they'll end up leaving the battlefield completely.

I don't use the skirmish and instead I direct my horse archers manually. It's tedious and tricky but it's the most effective way I've found.

- I find that it's best to have a pure cavalry army (horse archers + lancer types) so that you don't have to worry about your infantry getting overrun. You can just focus on moving your horses around.
- When moving them around, I use the tactical map and click points on the map so I can see if they're getting charged.
- When the enemy line breaks formation due to harassment of my archers or to charge my archers, I charge my lancers into the weak spot.
- I go the long way around the enemy to attack their flank whenever possible. Skirmishing from the front is not a good idea when the enemy force has a lot of archers. If they turn to face my horse archers, they leave their flank exposed to my lancers, which is a very good thing.
- I use more than one horse archer division so I can control at least two skirmisher groups harassing more than one side at a time. This improves the rate at which the enemy breaks their formation. I personally use 4 divisions of horse archers but most people should be able to manage with 2.

I'm wondering if theres any way to make it so that the peasents you recruit from a village is specific to the faction that owns the village and not the original faction it belonged to.

I know in native there are some script adjustments you can make but they don't seem to work in Floris.

Anyone know of a way to do this?

Is it possible to add the option to chose a quest from the village elder/guild master? Like silverstag has.
I tried tweakMB, but that tweak doesn't work(greyed out) with floris.

SafetyTurtle said:
I'm wondering if theres any way to make it so that the peasents you recruit from a village is specific to the faction that owns the village and not the original faction it belonged to.
I don't know if there are any pre-made .txt tweaks for this. It's somewhat easy to do if you know how to edit and recompile the Dev Source/module system though.

Not a lot of modders interested in doing this though because it doesn't make a lot of sense. A culture/people group doesn't suddenly change within the week just because somebody else conquered them.

Sadly have no idea how to do that.

And no, culture may not change but peasents may be called to service and have equipment handed out from the controlling culture.
Generally I just prefere one-culture only armies and not a mix.

Yeah no srsbsns Floris player really mixes troops anyway lol. The morale hit is a little painful and in large scale battles if your line breaks formation too early due to morale penalties you're probably going to lose.

But yeah it's not complicated to do it. It's actually just editing a small section of the script, changing it so that villages check the faction of the visitor instead of the original faction. This would make it compatible with the recruiter that your constable sends out too.

Hmm... I'm a little busy with another project but give me a few days, maybe a week and I'll come out with a small patch for this.

It's just me or is there anyone having the same issue?
The game crashes when I press 2 buttons at same time.
For me, when I press F1(orders) and the number 1(infantry troop selection) the game freezes. o_O

When you alter a troop in say Morghs, I've noticed that the weapon and gear changes are reflected in the ingame visual troop tree.
is it possible to remove or add a troop to the tree as well?

Which (if any) battle sizer's do you guys use? Default battle size gets boring after a while, when your army is at 200+ men, and I know i used one way back in 2.53, but i'm not sure what to use now, i'm late game 300+ days so i don't want to experiment, thought i ask first just to be safe

That depends on the power of your computer and if you use PBOD´s AI Formations or not. Without formations I can crank it up to 500 no sweat, with I have to stop at 330 to avoid stuttering.

Ok nice, but what i was thinking was which program do you use?  :grin:

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=103109.0

Is this one ok? Does it work for current floris and warband build?

That battle sizer program is the only one I know too. As far as I know it also edits the same file that Articulo34 mentioned, so either method works just fine.

For Floris I play with a battle size of 400. I can't go past that due to unacceptable stuttering with all the combat scripts running. 400 is very smooth for me.

Back
Top Bottom