Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hanakoganei said:
My recommendation due to the tedium involved in doing all of this is to just get used to it. You will get used to it anyway, within only a few hours in fact (unless you're too preoccupied by your annoyance to actually try to learn the troop names).

Thanks but the names are not at all user-friendly and not to sound *****y but I really don't have the time or patience to memorize half a dozen troop trees each with 12+ different names. :smile:

I've been playing Silverstag mod (floris based) and it is jaw-dropping awesome..and the names makes sense in it!

Yes I have that and it's working fine. I mean on the after action report, where it summarises your casualties. I'm sure it used to show the kill count of your units as well as your character and companions. Maybe I had a mod for the original game, or am I thinking of the Total War series??

Oh I think I see what you're asking... Yeah there was never any such a feature in Mount & Blade. You get a casualty report but you don't see which troops did what in the casualty reports after battle. The only way to know that is to watch the in-battle reports.

Ah that's a shame, it would be a really interesting feature. I am trying to remember where I saw this, must have been one of the total war games.

It's possible to write a script for it though, but it'll possibly introduce a little more scripting lag during combat. The game already detects and logs who kills what anyway, so all we need to do is make the game store that information somehow and display it after battle.

It may be easier said than done. In concept it's possible but I'm not sure I know how to script it yet. We'd probably need to reverse engineer how it's stored for the player, since the player's kills and whatnot are actually all stored but displayed in the character page.

Is there a way to create my own kingdom peacefully? Seems like the most straightforward way is to decline the king's decision to defer a fief to someone else, but I don't wanna anger Khan Sanjar, since I am his vassal and our relations are very high and I don't wanna undo all that work.
My RtR is 99 atm.

No, there is no way to create your kingdom peacefully. But due to your relations, it will be easier to make peace and maintain that, but sooner or later you will stand on opposite sides. The only reason for having great relations with a king is getting fiefs more often, becoming marshal, getting items for your services and have him(and their OP armies) follow you. Once you become a king yourself having great relations with another king has little benefits.

Once you become a king yourself having great relations with another king has little benefits.
Yeah true. It's also inevitable that you'll go to war. There's no way to have a permanent alliance and rule all Calradia with another king. The game is set to force the other kingdom to go to war with you if you're the only two kingdoms left.

All methods of starting a kingdom involve going to war. Even if you somehow manage to somehow take a castle without fighting for it (like allowing the few defenders to leave without harming them), whoever owned and/or wanted that castle will declare war on you for it.

Can someone flesh out buying land for me a bit. Ive bought available acres in several towns and make the rounds collecting. Im assuming the buy and prepare uncultivated land adds acres. is there an upper limit or reason I wouldn't want to max out this?

Will patrols you send out take prisoners and deposit them in your castle?

If you purchase too many acres of land in a location then the total income for them will begin to suffer and eventually become a loss.  If I recall correctly a location can support up 1 acre of land per 200 population before rent begins to lower while the fixed costs for the location remain the same.

Will patrols you send out take prisoners and deposit them in your castle?
They will take prisoners but won't deposit into your castle by default. Sending them to reinforce a garrison might let them deposit the prisoners though, however I don't remember if this is really the case or not because I usually have a lot of prisoners in my dungeons already, and they get lost in the sea of other low level units. Pretty sure that's how it works though.

I am planning on adding completely custom headgear to all kings (replacing their crowns). Which files (and lines) store their headgear data?

Also, I noticed in OpenBRF that every item has 4 variations depending (lod1,lod2,etc.), each being lower in polygons than the last.
Are those models made to decrease polygonal count in relations to render distance?

Also, I noticed in OpenBRF that every item has 4 variations depending (lod1,lod2,etc.), each being lower in polygons than the last.
Are those models made to decrease polygonal count in relations to render distance?
Yup. They're actually optional as far as I know but you want them anyway because Warband is the kind of game where hundreds of battlers visible on screen is very common. Full high-poly models will take its toll on some computers.

I am planning on adding completely custom headgear to all kings (replacing their crowns). Which files (and lines) store their headgear data?
All items are actually stored in module_items.py. You can make your models separately and make new entries pointing to the models, or edit the existing ones to have the models.

As for the helmet models themselves, they're assorted into various .brf files that are intuitively named. You've probably already found them.

If you plan to store all your new models into a new .brf file so as not to overwrite the originals, you need to make sure to import that new .brf file in the module.ini by adding a load_mod_resource line in there pointing to your new file.

Hi everyone. I am currently experiencing something annoying.
I entered my first tournament (level 8 ) and I just played it with the easiest options (only 1v1s). I won all my matches and finished first.
Still, at the end of the tournament I had lost something like 1000$. Did I bet money that I shouldn't have ?
Still, I didn't lost any match, can someone explain to me how this can happen ?

With that unpleasant experience, I'm just skipping  every tournaments altogether.

Thanks

Quick question about Surgery.
Does it stack with other members (including Surgeon) ?
And does the game allow you to reach 100% chance that everyone gets wounded instead of killed?

It doesn't stack in the traditional way (two guys with Surgery 5 isn't Surgery 10). You can get a total of +3 by having a lot of troops that have Surgery (including Surgeon). And then you can get another +1 from the Surgery skill book.

At 14 Surgery, which I think is the highest possible in the game even with cheating (I have that much), it still isn't a 100% chance. It's pretty high though, and if somehow you can get it to 15 Surgery, it's probable that 15 Surgery is 100% chance.

bawzz said:
Hi everyone. I am currently experiencing something annoying.
I entered my first tournament (level 8 ) and I just played it with the easiest options (only 1v1s). I won all my matches and finished first.
Still, at the end of the tournament I had lost something like 1000$. Did I bet money that I shouldn't have ?
Still, I didn't lost any match, can someone explain to me how this can happen ?

With that unpleasant experience, I'm just skipping  every tournaments altogether.

Thanks
This is a long term issue I had forgotten to fix even in Silverstag's version of the tournaments.  You can't bet anything less than 2 points and you can't win at least 2 points in a 1v1 match.  This sets you up so that bets can't be won and while the tournament can be the overall result is a loss.  Thanks for the reminder and I'll look into its correction.  Next time Floris gets a bug fixing update I'll make sure it is included.

For now just make sure you run matches with at least 4 people (2x2, 4x1).

Back
Top Bottom