Quick Questions/Quick Answers (Unofficial 'Ask Questions Here' Q&A Thread)

Users who are viewing this thread

voncken

Recruit
i've seen this in some other mod forums(PoP).

it is simple. someone asks something, another one gives an answer. short. so no whole stories, but just ask or answer.

i've also a couple questions, so i start.

-can u change the titles of your vassals?

-can you disable the prefix?

-can you change equipment of vassals?(i gave him(alayen) good equipment and now walks in a ragged robe thingie)

-can you delete the levels(l,C,A etc.)???

so, this is it....to start with

voncken said:
-can u change the titles of your vassals?
Yes, Camp->Take An Action->Change your vassals' title of nobility

voncken said:
-can you disable the prefix?
-can you delete the levels(l,C,A etc.)???
Not in game. See the stickied FAQ (you can do this with Morgh's Editor or another troop editing program). Once we incorporate the Warband Script Enhancer (a special launcher that players much use to start the game but that gives us modders much more flexibility) this will be an in-game feature--the code's already written :wink:

voncken said:
-can you change equipment of vassals?(i gave him(alayen) good equipment and now walks in a ragged robe thingie)
We've disabled the "show me your equipment" dialog option from Custom Commander, so no this isn't currently possible.

Question:
adam_175 said:
Is it possible to make it so all my ubits have a surcoat with my banner on
Answer:
The custom freelance troops you can purchase from Sigmund wear heraldry armor.  As do several types of mercenary troops.  Both can be found in taverns throughout the game.  As for editing your own troops you can do that manually with morph's editor and just give heraldic items to them.

Hey guys...

Question 1: So i bought land in sargoth (11 acres) and Tihr (10 acres), everytime the money sheet comes up, it says i have a balance of usually over 1000, but 0 assets, can someone explain the difference?

Question 2: Related to the first in a way, What towns should i be trying to grab land in? the most populated or the smallest? And whats the difference between buying acres or buying "new" land?

Question 3: Still related, when i buy land it says it goes for "1400" and sells for "1200" but whats that mean? I see no "sell acre option"

Last Question: Related to companions, i see theres an option for them to "pick up the rest of the loot", if they do that does it slow my campaign map speed down? as if i was carrying all those items? Whats a good money threshold to set that to so that way they dont pick up all the "crappy" items left?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.  :wink:

People these days are so impatient. The acres accumulate money every 2 weeks (ingame). I just tested and it works well:
23jfnnn.jpg
Yes i was able to pick this money up from the moneylenders.Balance is the current balance of what you get (changes due to prosperity) and assets is what has actually accumulated.

You want to grab land in poor towns and then improve their prosperity - buy cheap, sell high or gain high rents. Buying and Cultivating is an option for when you already own all town land. Its not recommended to use it at any other time.

Click the Writing: Choose how many acres you wish to buy - it will change to sell mode.

Duh beat me to it, but I'll answer the last question.

I don't think your companions' inventories has any effect on your movement speed, and to my knowledge they will pick up any item that you don't claim yourself or that they don't use to upgrade.  As far as the sell threshold goes (the one you can set in the market place at cities), I usually have mine set to 500 gold, and I'll raise that after my companions get themselves well armed.

Ok cool thanks, and yeah Duh ive just noticed that my balance will say a number, like 1500, assets will say 0, but then when i go to town and click that option it will give me the 1500...so idk. Ill give it a while and see if it goes over to assets, maybe im collecting too quick.

And whats the best way to make a town gain prosperity?

I see that in my game, curaw seems to be struggling...Its got the worst population and the cheapest land. If i were to buy a bunch of land, whats my next step in that town?

Usually i use curaw to buy iron cheap and sell elsewhere..perhaps thats why the prosperity sucks there..idk.

AeRo412 said:
Ok cool thanks, and yeah Duh ive just noticed that my balance will say a number, like 1500, assets will say 0, but then when i go to town and click that option it will give me the 1500...so idk. Ill give it a while and see if it goes over to assets, maybe im collecting too quick.
The financial report can pop up before the transfer is done, its not tied to the simple trigger taking care of the player consequences of landownership. I.e. if you want to check if you have assets in a town at a certain point in time go to - > Reports -> Personal Reports -> Financial Report.

AeRo412 said:

I see that in my game, curaw seems to be struggling...Its got the worst population and the cheapest land. If i were to buy a bunch of land, whats my next step in that town?

Usually i use curaw to buy iron cheap and sell elsewhere..perhaps thats why the prosperity sucks there..idk.
Not much at this point. Protect caravans, trade with the town, do guildmaster quests. Hopefully that will change in the future with the economy overhaul, new management options and new quests.

+ 2 questions from me ;]

What affects lords armies size? Is it scaled to my level, renown or they increase independent?

Is it possible to recruit manhunters some other why then recrutingthem from captured after battle?

edit:
1 more about lords returning from exile in mod options. With this disabled exiled lords will dissapear forever or they just won't come to me asking for becoming my vasals?

Walloyd said:
How can I make "Battle size" larger, over 150? :smile:
voncken said:
i don't think you can get a higher battlesize than 150, but if you could, it would be very laggy
You get the battlesizer mod from the forge.  It is run external to the game and can set your fights up to a size of 1000 people (very laggy unless you have a high end computer).  If I remember right you also need to set that same number in the Floris mod options once using the battlesizer mod.

Just thought of another question while playing...

I remember 2.4 used to have 2 different mod menu options, like if you were to go to camp there wasnt just "mod options" but a different one with (i think) 5 more choices to it.

Im guessing you guys combined all the options into "mod options" now, but my question is, where did the option go where you can set "enable terrain advantage in battle" or something.

I used to notice that with that option turned off, a nord army of say 500 could win against 450 rhodok in a castle with ease...but with it turned on they would be slaughtered because of the castle wall advantage.

AeRo412 said:
Im guessing you guys combined all the options into "mod options" now, but my question is, where did the option go where you can set "enable terrain advantage in battle" or something.
In the mod options screen. Just scroll down.

Windyplains said:
Walloyd said:
How can I make "Battle size" larger, over 150? :smile:
voncken said:
i don't think you can get a higher battlesize than 150, but if you could, it would be very laggy
You get the battlesizer mod from the forge.  It is run external to the game and can set your fights up to a size of 1000 people (very laggy unless you have a high end computer).  If I remember right you also need to set that same number in the Floris mod options once using the battlesizer mod.
You can find it here in the Caravanserai: Warband Battle Size Changer

Skik said:
What affects lords armies size? Is it scaled to my level, renown or they increase independent?
Your level, yes. And your campaign difficulty setting. But also their leadership skill (set in the troops file) and their renown (set at game start, and only increased by winning tournaments, being marshal and hosting feasts). Also, they get a bump if they are marshal or king. And a bump for holding towns/castles. And the total number of fiefs determines how much coin they have to upgrade their troops or recruit more rapidly when they lose a battle.

Skik said:
Is it possible to recruit manhunters some other why then recrutingthem from captured after battle?
Nope.

Skik said:
1 more about lords returning from exile in mod options. With this disabled exiled lords will dissapear forever or they just won't come to me asking for becoming my vasals?
With it disabled, it will be like native--once a lord makes the full round of kingdoms they will be exiled from Calradia and disappear forever.

AeRo412 said:
The other thing you can do is lower taxes via your diplomacy staff members if the town is under your control.

Caba`drin said:
AeRo412 said:
The other thing you can do is lower taxes via your diplomacy staff members if the town is under your control.

WOW!  I hadn't considered that!  Talk about insider trading!  You lower taxes on the city which decreases direct revenues but you gain popularity with the citizens and increase the city's prosperity.  You then collect the lost revenues from the increased rents of your property.  How subtly two-faced.

Sometimes in the party screen (to the left where it shows your skills and your companions) it doesn't show all the skills that my companions are contributing to the group. This happens even when none of them are wounded either.

Example: Lezalit has the highest training level in my entire group (he starts with 4), yet that skill isn't showing up in the party menu. It just shows his name and then nothing below it. Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Great.  :smile: Thanks for the clearing that up for me. It was gnawing at me for a while now.  It was never a serious issue for me because the trainer was still doing his job so I mostly disregarded it.

Back
Top Bottom