Native Completed US Timezone Cup

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevino

Grandmaster Knight
THE TOURNAMENT IS POSTPONED TILL AFTER NC IN THE SUMMER IS WHEN IT WILL BE REVIVED
ALSO THE MNT TEAM HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH AN EU TEAM BUT TO BE IN IT YOU NEED TO BE SOMEWHAT ACTIVE IN THE NA COMMUNITY

This cup is based of the Nations cup except its for players from different regions of the US which will be determined by timezone so basically like this
usacan.gif

Yes Canadians can apply
for example I would like to be in charge of the Central timezone team so I would ask for people to apply for my team who live in the Midwest

this tournament is also a single elimination tournament

Teams must always be even when fighting in round so if one team had 5 and another had 10 the one with 10 would have 5 sit out

The teams can be a maximum of 10 and minimum of 5
and if you want to be a captain please pm with this format
Contact info:
Competitive Experience:
Why you want to be captain:
Timezone:

Rosters So far
Central time zone
Captain:KoA_King_John
Co-Captain:grin:oF_Hobiler_Nevino
1.TMW_Ranger_Unicorn
2.Balion_Merc_Juvenile
3.GK_Conall
4.Wappaw_Mafioso
5.Wappaw_Scope
6.Ordyn
Eastern Time zone
Captain:TMW_Defender_Eternal
1.KoA_Robocop
2.[LES] TheInternational
3.MrNomNom
4.TMW_Warden_Rurin
5.[LES] CodeX
6.Asheila
7.Antigone_zerg
8.RoC_Letholdus
9.|SHO| Shogun Nollid Relyt
EU
Captain:
Pacific Timezone
Captain:
1.BigBoss
2.OrgangeKnight
3.RoC_Salahudin
4.Steph

Central Timezone Application format
Contact info:
Competitive Experience:

Other captains will make their own application format

Admin
DoF_Knight_MrNevino
MadocComradrin

Rule Set
Game Mode:Battle
Round time limit: 6 minutes
Subs:in between each round if team wants to
Combat Speed:Medium
Gold:1500
Maps: best of 5
Round limit: 7
Servers:All servers are available as long as both teams agree
Map and Faction choice: determined by seed top gets faction+spawn bottom gets map
Seed: determined by order of teams who fill up forst
Admin Mods:any.

go here for the bracket
http://challonge.com/timezonecup

I would, but the timing isn't great (NC eating up a lot of competitive Eastern and Central players)

well NC is why i made it single elimination so we could finish in a couple of weeks and also i am very flexible with the date of the actual tournament so basically i want to get registration done but yeah it will most likely be after NC and the rule set is Battle 1500 gold duel for map and faction choice and guys i dont exactly know when NC so can someone tell me the exact date so i can plan around it?

MrNevino1 said:
well NC is why i made it single elimination so we could finish in a couple of weeks and also i am very flexible with the date of the actual tournament so basically i want to get registration done but yeah it will most likely be after NC and the rule set is Battle 1500 gold duel for map and faction choice and guys i dont exactly know when NC so can someone tell me the exact date so i can plan around it?
Dat fail grammar.

And what is this supposed to achieve? :neutral:

Your ruleset is rather lacking. Combat speed? Substitutions? Conduct? Spectator settings? Round & map time limits? Minimum & maximum player limits? Any admin mod settings? Deadlines? Scheduling conflicts?

Also, your regional map doesn't have "northern" and "east coast" divisions. It's split by time zones. There is no northern time zone, and many states that are part of the eastern standard time zone are landlocked.

basically the northern is supposed to be the mountain time zone and thank you for pointing out the rules that need to be set i will change them ASAP
The teams can be a maximum of 10 and minimum of 5
read the post please before you point out every little thing
i even changed the name of the tournament and the reason i started this is because I am tired of all the BS that is happening in the NC USA team thread so i made this to help people choose their own team and to get more people in the US warband community involved I also don't see what the point is about the landlocked thing since we will be playing on the internet also about the ties
so i don't see how we have to worry about ties

I didn't say anything about ties or tiebreakers. Also, "northern" to you means "mountain time zone?" :lol:

My point about the "landlocked thing" was that it's inappropriate to call that entire zone the "east coast" considering several of the states do not have a coast.

@Sala thank you captain? if so pm me with the application format
@Orion yeah you are right about the divisions that is why I changed the name and I had though you asked about ties but I re-read your post it was really map limit which is again best of 5 in maps and each map is 7 rounds

Honestly, a dedicated ruleset is pretty much required for a tournament. Huge amount of disputes(just look at NC, naste, or any other tournament) happen even WITH a strong ruleset. Look off the NASTe thread to see how rules are done.

From just reading the OP, I don't even know what KIND of tournament this is. There isn't even anything mentioned about gametype. For all I know it could be a 60 minute four-map 5v5 duel tournament.

edit: Saw the rulset. Still piss-poor, once again look at CIT or NASTe for inspiration. Better than before, though.

MrNevino1 said:
Rule set
Game Mode:Battle
Round time limit: 15 minutes
Subs:in between each round if team wants to
Combat Speed:Medium
Gold:1500
Round limit: 7
Map and Faction choice: determined by a best of 3 duel
Admin Mods: since servers will be donated for this they can choose what mod they use on their server as long they pm me telling me what it is

does no one read the spoilers?

I actually feel it's rather refreshing considering that I can read the rules in about 30 seconds.

However you have me pitted against Peasant in the first round and I'm not sure my heart can handle such.

We'll see.

Mad Dawg said:
rather refreshing that...I can read the rules in about 30 seconds.
Pretty much this.

Also, what if someone is not in the U.S., but rather "close" to it and his timezone fits as well?

@eternal
honestly I do not see what else you need to know because this is supposed to be a short and sweet tournament not something drawn out and long but if there is something you think i need to add let me know
@bigboss
what timezone are you near because i have nothing against but its up to the captain of that timezone team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom