WesternCraft v1 - Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Id like to say one thing about 0.18 thats gonna be coming out. I think everything is perfect, BUT , There is one thing that I thought you made a mistake doing. And that is removing crafting, crafting is not boring actually, for some people its quite fun... so... please reconsider removing crafting from the game in 0.18.
Good day,
and Good Tidings
to you Sir!

Frank_Zhang said:
Id like to say one thing about 0.18 thats gonna be coming out. I think everything is perfect, BUT , There is one thing that I thought you made a mistake doing. And that is removing crafting, crafting is not boring actually, for some people its quite fun... so... please reconsider removing crafting from the game in 0.18.
Good day,
and Good Tidings
to you Sir!
Crafting has been replaced by producing items at your store. It's more or less the same thing, it just requires a building instead of a workbench now. :razz:

Yeah Shredroz is right, in the Wild West nobody crafted their own weapons, they bougth them at a Gun Store. EX: A Colt Peacemaker would cost 3 dollars (old dollars).

Factions are a bad idea, if you're going to add factions only add Sheriffs or Lawment and Outlaws, cause if an outlaw kills somebody it wont say 'nickname' has killed a teammate (commoners would be called settlers),  Maybe you can invent a system of jail or something like that, when an outlaw is taken to jail he will loose his weapons and he won't be able to craft or purchase some for 5-10 mins. If they deny to go to Jail Sheriffs should just shoot him. Also you can get robbed by an outlaw by getting thread to kill you (then you should transfer the money to the player if the trade system was fixed cause sometimes it did'nt worked), and outlaws should hide for 5 mins, after that sheriffs wont have right to send him to jail, that would increase RP in this game (also admins should watch closely to be sure everybody don't kill without an RP reason. If you're an Outlaw you can only kill if somebody refuses to give you money. And maybe some midday duels would be cool :wink:.  As somebody said (I think Lennistar) we should have a random invasion of native americans so we can co-perate to survive (random invasions but with a difference of 20 - 30 minimum cause it would be boring if natives appear every 5 mins).

Gustav - Teuton Knight said:
Factions are a bad idea, if you're going to add factions only add Sheriffs or Lawment and Outlaws, cause if an outlaw kills somebody it wont say 'nickname' has killed a teammate (commoners would be called settlers),  Maybe you can invent a system of jail or something like that, when an outlaw is taken to jail he will loose his weapons and he won't be able to craft or purchase some for 5-10 mins. If they deny to go to Jail Sheriffs should just shoot him. Also you can get robbed by an outlaw by getting thread to kill you (then you should transfer the money to the player if the trade system was fixed cause sometimes it did'nt worked), and outlaws should hide for 5 mins, after that sheriffs wont have right to send him to jail, that would increase RP in this game (also admins should watch closely to be sure everybody don't kill without an RP reason. If you're an Outlaw you can only kill if somebody refuses to give you money. And maybe some midday duels would be cool :wink:.  As somebody said (I think Lennistar) we should have a random invasion of native americans so we can co-perate to survive (random invasions but with a difference of 20 - 30 minimum cause it would be boring if natives appear every 5 mins).

What i said as factions i meant random people forming some alliance and making a fort and camping there, then surprising the other people living in there huts and who aarent unified.

The fact is that players live in the Wild West. West as in giving life to the ways of living and the weapons, clothing, the buildings and atmosphere etc. Wild as in indians, invasion of indians - a dangerous place. Personally to me this is a Persistant World focused on native America in Modern Age, but with one serious advantage over pw 4: no factions, no system of joining factions or else.

The good thing is the fact that Shredzorz gives us the basis on where we play it. The awesome bit is that he left stuff opened to give us the chance on how we play it. Reaching full potential I imagine this mod really entertaining. Players will have to deal with three factors at the same time:

• Surviving by hunting, drinking and resting. Shelter, building platforms that help to survival
  • Relationship with other players such as jobs, who is sheriff who sells this and that, who is an outlaw, bounties.
  • Union on the last moments where even outlaws must co-operate to save the village from Indian invasions.

Shredzorz said:
Frank_Zhang said:
Good day,
and Good Tidings
to you Sir!
Crafting has been replaced by producing items at your store. It's more or less the same thing, it just requires a building instead of a workbench now. :razz:
Oh awesome. :grin: Keep workin hard bro!  :mrgreen:

Well, I liked the aspect to gather ressources and craft your own building, weapons, etc... It would be nice if we could keep the crafting.  Isn't it what will create town communities? Along with the wealth...? From what I've seen previously, getting weapon more easy will just make it easier for the trolls and griefiers of the sort...

Back
Top Bottom