Progress/Development Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Korinov

Knight at Arms
Here's a quick overview of the current state of the mod and the progress we're doing. Of course, we'll be updating this regulary as we develope further.

The previous Progress/Development thread was giving some issues (specifically, we couldn't update it correctly since it seemed to 'roll back' from time to time - it was pretty weird), so that's why we decided to lock it and open this new one. All the posts of the previous thread are still there for you to read... if you have the time and spirit to go through the 2000+ replies  :grin:

Black = Not Started or Very Small progress
Orange = Some progress
Blue = Good progress
Green = Almost done
Strikethrough = Finished

New Recruitment System
Naval Warfare
Warparties
Manpower (Optional)
Big Quests (Done for the beta being)
Tournaments
Orders as Factions
Ambushes

Multiplayer
New Map

New Armors
Porting old features

Instead of posting a whole lot of orange and black factions here, I'm just going to list all the blue +. Reason why you'll see the already added factions here is because we also need to rework them from nearly the buttom.

Kingdom of Aragon
Kingdom of Castille
Kingdom of Denmark
Emirate of the Banu Ghaniya
Almohad Caliphate
Kingdom of Leon
County of Tolosa
Kingdom of France
Irish Kingdoms
Kingdom of Connacht
Kingdom of Norway
Kingdom of England
Welsh Principalities
Kingdom of Portugal
Kingdom of Navarre
Kingdom of Scotland
Kingdom of the Isles
Kingdom of Mann
Kingdom of Sweden
Republic of Pisa
Republic of Genoa
Holy Roman Empire
County of Holland
Sealands of Frisia
County of Flanders
Duchy of Brabant
Papal States
Kingdom of Bohemia
Tuscan League
Lombard League
Republic of Venice
Kingdom of Sicily
Kingdom of Hungary
Banate of Bosnia
Republic of Ragusa
Grand Principality of Serbia
Pricipality of Arbër
Kingdom of Poland
Bulgarian Tsardom
Principality of the Rhodopes
Principality of Galich-Volyn
Principality of Gorodno
Principality of Kiev-Smolensk
Principality of Polotsk-Minsk
Principality of Chernigov
Principality of Vladimir-Suzdal
Prussian tribes
Lithuanian tribes
Northern Baltic tribes
Curonian tribes
Estonian tribes
Finnish tribes

Empire of the Romans

Unique factions for player kingdom (two)
Recruiters
Breakable Weapons (Optional)
Bleeding feature (Optional) (thanks to Random_Norman for this one, http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,80207.540.html
Correct garrisons (militia for towns, serfs and sergeants for castles)

Approximate percantage done for the Mod to be completed: impossible to measure. The current beta version is fully playable, although we plan to keep implementing more factions (from west to east) until completing the whole Europe and the Mediterranean coasts, also adding more features as we see fit.

Some Screenies of Random Things:

byzaa.jpg

56493877.png

byzissues.jpg

rendera.jpg
[/img]

almohadd.jpg

8861100781302_1.jpg

6563783466009_7.jpg

105814677474_8.jpg

18506593.jpg

56881386.jpg

12879888.jpg

37004657.jpg

escuts.jpg

templarshields.jpg

sanstitre5-7258c1f160.jpg

perpunctus1.jpg

armor11.jpg

commonerrich1.jpg

commonergermans.jpg

commoners1.jpg

leathercommoner.jpg

mb1bz.jpg

mb2or.jpg

mb11d.jpg

newsergeant.png

santiagomail.jpg

previewgenoa.jpg

previewmixed.jpg

previewtuscan.jpg

scalearmourandalusian.jpg

berber.jpg

mbwarband20100717180428.png

burgundians.jpg

france1w.jpg

englishmailmilitias.jpg

burgundianmilitians.jpg

lenquilted.jpg

newquiltedarmorandbuild.jpg

profese1200.jpg

professionaly.jpg

mbwarband20100610084534.png

venicea.jpg

29659494.jpg

castillanhelm-fa58106a80.jpg

gildd-d057b9d712.jpg

cross-77127a9613.jpg

ph-023d220493.jpg

normalnasal-fbd3ab2f8.jpg

high-26cfe30356.jpg

advancedfacialcolour.jpg

elmtransitional.png

cerveliere-33258c0634.jpg

flutedhelmet-93348ef788.jpg

iberian_helmet-2143918133.jpg

iberian-62b6f53185.jpg

italie-9c16285a96.jpg

grosnasal-fcdec1ea68.jpg

reinf_helmet-d48e7bdd68.jpg

grosnasal-bfd2bf220.jpg

kettleskullcap.jpg

germanoldfashionedfacep.jpg

flattophelm.jpg

cervelleragerman.jpg

cervellera.jpg

mbwarband20100630104028.jpg

16162668.jpg

12922624.jpg

21015906.jpg

turbanss-4269001440.jpg

andalusuiaa-f2e33cad80.jpg

almohade-0dbb7cb262.jpg

andalus-a32899c583.jpg

helmet2tu-d38cf9e152.jpg

helmet2-4aadfa1761.jpg

helmet-407a05f334.jpg

helmet-cb830a7d73.jpg

map1cq.jpg

map2t.jpg

mbwarband20110220015525.jpg

mbwarband20110325223808.jpg

3%2B%2B%2B%2B.png

2%2B%2B%2B%2B.png

1%2B%2B.png

4729324.image

1302499866921.png

companionswheel.jpg

Current Team:
Korinov - Leader, Coding, Mapping, Noobish texturing.
Cèsar de Quart - Texturing, Research, others.
Revan Shan - Uploader, Herald.
Mykami - Drawing.
Quapitty - Scene making, Texturing.
mihailo.razvigor* - Research, others.
Tsewe** - Scene making, Research.
NikeBG - Research.

* previously known as MihailoSRB (among other things).
** previously known as Brubar.

On a break:
Cruger - Founder, Coding.
Delzaros - Scene making.

Thanks To (not including the ones from the mod for the original M&B): (alphabetical order)
Al_Mansur
Alex_S
Arch3r
Baron Conrad
Blackbeard21
Brego
Caba'drin
Caprera
Computicas
Count DeMonet
Corwin_of_amber
Cuffeee
Csatádi
Dent
DrTomas
El-Diablito
FALX
Fisheye
Friscius
Gannish
GodHandApostle
Hessuu
Hrobatos
The IG Clan
IgorBB
Kator Viridian
Kdm
Khergiter
King of europe
Kocken
Kovas
Kuauik
Lord Szentgyorgyi
MadVader
MartinF
Niczego
Nordous
Pan-boroda
Peacemaker
Random Norman
Robert
Rubik
Ruthven
Shikaka
Skandinav
Styo
Subitai
Termi
Touareg
Trevty1995
Udud
Velico
Waihti

Anyone we have forgotten (we're pretty sure to have forgotten someone), please accept our apologies in advance.

THIS MOD IS EXPANDING THE FACTIONS FROM WEST TO EAST

**EDIT** Okay i've decided to update this post from time to time. What i'll do, instead of quoting people, is to mix everything up to make a mash up of every opinion. The "We all say:" category is therefore the summary of what we all agreed on and is, until proven otherwise, a "priority".

TEXTURES AND MODELS

Landscape

-Revan Shan says:
New ground textures for turf mainly, but maybe for others as well. We should leave the one for desert, rocks and pebbles.
New / other village road path texture.

-Brubar says:
About the landscape textures, i found this little package which replaces a couple of native ones into better ones (thuogh not as pretty as the Polished Landscapes)
hey guys, i just found something interesting about vanilla's textures.
There is this Texture Pack
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,198654.0.html
which improves them a lot. I know the main page is in french, but you can watch for yourselves the pictures in the Spoilers. I heard that the Polished Landscapes could not work with our mod, so i thought maybe those simple textures, which only replaces vanilla ones (it does not add any), would improve a bit the looks of our mod.
It would be nice if we could come on some agreement, which would at first be to decide if we would insert this texture package into europe 1200 or not. You feedback is most necessary, please comment on those - and of course, if you have better ideas for textures, do not hesitate to share them.

Al Mansur says:
[take a look a this thread where he suggests many interesting Open Source Packs]:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,215258.0.html

Faces and Skins

We all say:
We need better ones!

Korinov has added many textures in version 0.2, including faces, map and terrain ones

SCENES

-Revan Shan says:
Making new placeholders first, then after they're done, focusing on specific scenes for important places, like Constantinople or Jerusalem.

The idea for these placeholder scenes came to me from the castle and city scenes from Medieval 2 Total War. So the thing would be to make relatively big settlements (so the player feels he enters a really populated space), with a square of walls surrounding it, with a central plaza and a church.

Medieval 2 Total War City:
931592_20060906_screen014.jpg

Every native scene should be replaced (eventually).

New scene borders. If I'm not mistaken PL has some which look really good. But I would take from the model the part with trees, cause those trees (like in the borders we have now) can look gigantic if the scene is big

Note: We have a totally new and really nice church building, done quite long ago, which we aren't using. [WE DO NOT HAVE THIS ONE - WHERE IS IT?]

We could make scenes look even bigger and make work easier by just making the city up to the plaza, and leaving the rest blocked to the player. Exactly how the Nuremberg scene is done. I really like the scene from Bremen because it really gives sense of inmersion. It looks like a complete medieval scene, with its market district and Church, and a clear principal road.

-Brubar says:
The only little weakness that i see is that if we were to do that, we would have to say goodbye to historical accuracy concerning special towns -which wouldnt be unique. For example if we make a slavic placeholder town scene, which includes Kiev, than Kiev would look the same as Smolensk. But still, it would look better than native scenes, and if someone wishes to, he could work on a real 1200 AD unique town scene.

The problem with very big scenes are those who have not-too-powerful PCs. It might also be hard to create historically accurate very big towns - For example a town where its castle was far away from everything else, its scene would need to be reeeaaally big, and would require the player to go across all the scene, which could be boring.

We should define "Mediterranean" or "Southern Europe" as placeholder regions.

The most important cities for which we should make a unique scene are IMO:
  • Jerusalem
  • Constantinople
  • Paris
  • Kiev
  • Sevilla
  • Florence, Milan, Venice or Rome

-Mihailo SRB says:
We can keep some of native scenes. We should define "Mediterranean" as a placeholder region.

-Al Mansur says:
Making Placeholder scenes - then, we could easily make a scene more specific to a certain region. For example, if you want to make a Spanish scene, you could add a minaret turned into a church to the placeholder Southern European scene, etc. Such placeholders would be a good base to make more unique scene.

Unique scenes:
With specific scene borders (which aren't that hard to make) for each scene. It is just terrible that an awesome unique scene is destroyed by inappropriated borders (for example: borders cutting a river, hilly borders in Netherlands, etc.).
To my eyes, the most important are (for towns):
  • Constantinople
  • Jerusalem
  • Paris
  • Sevilla
  • Santiago de Compostela
  • Rome
  • Venezia
  • London
  • Marrakech
  • Utrecht
We all say:
We shall make unique scenes (top of the list are the top priorities)
[list type=decimal]
[*]Constantinople (not yet ingame)
[*]Jerusalem (not yet ingame)
[*]Paris(in the making)
[/list]

We shall make placeholder scenes (villages, castles and towns) for the main following cultures / regions:
  • Arabic / Middle Eastern
  • Byzantine (not yet ingame)
  • Celtic
  • Crusader States (not yet ingame)
  • English
  • French / Western European
  • German / Central European
  • Moorish / Muslim Iberia
  • North African
  • Scandinavian
  • Slavic / Eastern European
  • Mediterranean coastal settlements (Needs better definition)
  • Southern European (Needs better definition)

For regular updates on Scenes, please check this thread:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,214941.0.html

Town Walkers

How to add more Town Walkers:
Q: Can I add more walking men/women in towns?
You need the Module System to do this. It's easy:
xenoargh said:
It's fairly easy to script this.

First part:  getting more people into the towns.  This part's easy- a one line change.  Find script_init_town_walkers in module_scripts.

Remove the line that reads:  (set_visitor, ":entry_no", ":walker_troop_id"), and replace it with this:  (set_visitors,":entry_no", ":walker_troop_id",5),

Here's an example, if you're confused.

Code:
          # script_init_town_walkers
          # Input: none
          # Output: none
          ("init_town_walkers",
            [
              (try_begin),
                (eq, "$town_nighttime", 0),
                (try_for_range, ":walker_no", 0, num_town_walkers),
                  (store_add, ":troop_slot", slot_center_walker_0_troop, ":walker_no"),
                  (party_get_slot, ":walker_troop_id", "$current_town", ":troop_slot"),
                  (gt, ":walker_troop_id", 0),
                  (store_add, ":entry_no", town_walker_entries_start, ":walker_no"),
		   (set_visitors,":entry_no", ":walker_troop_id",5),
                (try_end),
              (try_end),
          ]),

Now for the "hard" part:  getting those additional people to move around and look vaguely like a crowd.  Replace the entire script_set_town_walker_destination with this code.  That's it.  Now you have a lot more people, and they'll wander around randomly.

Code:
          # script_set_town_walker_destination
          # Input: arg1 = agent_no
          # Output: none
          ("set_town_walker_destination",
            [(store_script_param_1, ":agent_no"),	  
			(store_random_in_range, ":rand_dest", 1 ,12),

(try_begin),
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 1),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 9),
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 2),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 10),
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 3),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 12),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 4),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 32),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 2),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 33),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 5),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 34),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 6),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 35),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 7),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 36),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 8),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 37),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 9),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 38),	
			(else_try),	
				(eq, ":rand_dest", 10),
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 39),	
			(else_try),	
				(assign, ":target_entry_point", 10),					
			(try_end),

(try_begin),
                (agent_set_slot, ":agent_no", 0, ":target_entry_point"),
                (entry_point_get_position, pos1, ":target_entry_point"),
                (try_begin),
                  (init_position, pos2),
                  (position_set_y, pos2, 250),
                  (position_transform_position_to_parent, pos1, pos1, pos2),
                (try_end),
                (agent_set_scripted_destination, ":agent_no", pos1, 0),
                (agent_set_speed_limit, ":agent_no", 5),
              (try_end),
          ]),

The number "5" which you added means that there will be 5 people appearing instead of one at an entry point. This is why you have to put an "s" to "visitor" --> "visitors". Note that you can change this number to whichever you want. Be aware that those changes might demand more performance from your PC.

Added in version 0.2

Scene Props

-Al Mansur says:
  • Trees: birches, polars, beeches, oaks

-Brubar says:
  • Religious buildings, especially Cathedrals or big churches, also wooden churches for slavic and norwegian settlements, Monastries, Mosques (and maybe Synagogs especially for andalucia and Jerusalem?)
  • Arabic / Middle eastern houses (especially small ones)
  • Bridges (too few native props)
  • Boats . Just imagine doing Venice with native props, it would be aweful. It would never be Venice at all.

We all say:
  • Trees - especially Mediterranean flora (Cypress, Holm Oak, Aleppo Pine, Olive trees, Agaveolive trees, Date fruit trees)

No one is currently making tree props

Landscape scenes

-Al Mansur says:
Many vanilla maps are awful, especially the european-like ones. Making new ones - using as much as possible existing OSP packs - that respect the different climates, etc. is imperative. Of course, new scene borders are highly needed, as this is the main weakness of M&B maps. Here the list of the different types of scenes I suggest:
  • Western European, (in plains and hilly versions) for France, Central Europe, middle Germany, etc.
  • Northern European (flat, plains and hilly) for England, Netherland, Denmark, Normandy, etc.
  • Nordic (plain, hilly and mountainous), for Scandinavia, Baltic countries, etc.
  • Mountainous European (medium and quite high) for mountainous regions of Europe
  • Mediterranean (plains, hills and mountains) for Southern France, Italy, etc.
  • Arid Mediterranean (plains, hills and mountains), for some regions of Iberia, North Africa, Greece, Holy Land, etc.
  • Desertic sandy (especially for Sahara)
  • Desertic rocky (for some regions of North Africa, Spain, Middle East, etc.)
I know this is confuse and perhaps exagerated. We could simplify all that.

-Brubar says:
I think we should wait for better landscapes textures. They're more important; with them we could work on making new landscape scenes.

We all say:
? Nothing for now.

Al Mansur is working on improving scene borders
(Proposed solutions for scene borders improvements:
Korinov said:
We need something to hid the fog. Native uses its unrealistic hilly borders. Why don't we keep some kind of hilly borders, but make the battlefield terrain higher enough that it would feel realistic? I mean:

6ZyZU.png
Al_Mansur said:
PL has already borders like that. I suggest to make borders like those of Vikingr:
BrlUA.jpg

Otherwise, does the skyboxe move with the player ?

THE MAP

We all say:
Many map textures have been added in version 0.2

EUROPE 1200 LOGO

We all say:
A new logo has been made. It will appear in v0.21.

Some really interesting ideas guys. I will share my ideas about these problems tomorrow, because I have thought a lot about it, so much that I often have difficulty to get asleep too, Brubar  :razz:

I am making a new tower for (and only) the mod:
s1HFB.jpg

Al_Mansur said:
Some really interesting ideas guys. I will share my ideas about these problems tomorrow, because I have thought a lot about it, so much that I often have difficulty to get asleep too, Brubar  :razz:

s1HFB.jpg

Cool

Al_Mansur said:
s1HFB.jpg
Great! Thanks for your buildings!
And where is that cathedral? Or who made it? I saw a great cathedral done by kuauik as well....
So how about those placeholder castles/cities? I mean just adding a few will take a while. But they will be not less historical accurate than native ones. And adding more variety is good. By the way - I noticed that Ston in Serbia has a problem with the background - there is a black gap between background and scene map. No big deal to fix I think. But who did that scene? I don't think it is native...
Will continue this in the scene development thread...

Hmm, I also used to "lose sleep" when imagining the mod with a load of custom scenes for the most important towns (or even more unrealistically - for every single settlement). But, while "the more scenes - the merrier" is true, it's also a whole lot of work, especially considering how many scene-makers we have (btw, great works, guys) and considering how enthusiasm rarely lasts forever. So, I don't think it's necessary to replace all native scenes with generic custom ones. Making both historical and generic ones is great enough, but no need to replace everything, IMO...

Getting new textures, however, is a great idea. I would also recommend if some new face textures can be considered as well (I really hate the native ones). This pack looks particularly nice - has anyone tried it?

NikeBG said:
Getting new textures, however, is a great idea. I would also recommend if some new face textures can be considered as well (I really hate the native ones). This pack looks particularly nice - has anyone tried it?
Hmmmm, well honestly I think some are good and some look like actors from an american soap. But especiall if you look at the before/after section - I think some are really comic. I think they use them in 1257 and I noticed, the white guys prefer to have sunburned noses  :smile:

NikeBG said:
Making both historical and generic ones is great enough, but no need to replace everything, IMO...

I strongly suggest all the Native city and castle scenes are terminated. Because:
- They remember to Native.
- They are more than known and look very repetitive alredy.
- They are too small and lack any sense of inmersion.
- Their scene making is really lame. Very poor and unreallistic design. No churches, markets... Just a crappy road in a flat terrain with only enough space for the 3 shops.

If the new generic scenes are done nicely, they should be perfect to elliminate any castle or city from Native.
I had the idea of these generic cities being for each culture, so we could have 1 to 3 castles and 1 to 2 cities of each of these:
- Mediterranean
- North-African
- Central-European (unless you want to make British, French and German separated)
- Russian
+ (future ones)
- Byzantine (not right now, for the future, it might need new props)
- Crusader States (not right now, for the future, it could us some new props, though most probably will get further attention and will get specific scenes)

And like I said, based on the M2TW style. Just take a look at that picture I posted, it should really help when setting the structure of the place.

Brubar said:
which improves them a lot. I know the main page is in french, but you can watch for yourselves the pictures in the Spoilers. I heard that the Polished Landscapes could not work with our mod, so i thought maybe those simple textures, which only replaces vanilla ones (it does not add any), would improve a bit the looks of our mod.

If you want you could leave the selection to me. I could take a look at that material and discard or even modify the one which doesn't look that good.

But selecting the good textures for those is easy, my real concern is if there is any new village road textures. I have one for my mod, but it wouldn't look that good on 1200.

Revan Shan said:
Brubar said:

If you want you could leave the selection to me. I could take a look at that material and discard or even modify the one which doesn't look that good.

But selecting the good textures for those is easy, my real concern is if there is any new village road textures. I have one for my mod, but it wouldn't look that good on 1200.
yeah sure go ahead.

Concerning the heads, my opinion is the same as quapitty's. What we could do is keep the lord face we already have, cause some of us (i think mihailo?) are already working on them. But the others are great for generic / random men.

As for the scenes in general, I agree with you Revan. Though i'd also strongly recommand making unique scenes for Paris, Florence or Milan or Venice ( not sure which one was the most important one at that time), Toledo or Sevilla, and eventually Kiev, Constantiople, Jerusalem.

Brubar said:
Toledo or Sevilla, and eventually Kiev, Constantiople, Jerusalem.

Yes yes, for sure. That's the plan. Making general ones to be, either new ones, or placeholders for those castles and cities which will get their own scene.

NikeBG said:
Making both historical and generic ones is great enough, but no need to replace everything, IMO...
Yeah. I have found several castles that I used for Serbia and Bosnia which look pretty much similar to their real-life counterparts, so I don't think it's that terrible to leave some Native ones.
Further more, some castles realy were that small as Natives.
Revan Shan said:
I strongly suggest all the Native city and castle scenes are terminated. Because:
If the new generic scenes are done nicely, they should be perfect to elliminate any castle or city from Native.
I had the idea of these generic cities being for each culture, so we could have 1 to 3 castles and 1 to 2 cities of each of these:
- Mediterranean
- North-African
- Central-European (unless you want to make British, French and German separated)
- Russian
+ (future ones)
- Byzantine (not right now, for the future, it might need new props)
- Crusader States (not right now, for the future, it could us some new props, though most probably will get further attention and will get specific scenes)
I like that idea, especially for Mediterranean, because it would even cover many seaside towns and castles in Balkans.
For example, some Balkan settlements from Adriatic coast that appear in E1200:
Dubrovnik
dubrovnik5.jpg

Kotor
KotorStariGrad_zps5ecf35eb.png

Zadar
nikola_basic_zadar.jpg

Ston
mali_ston_photo1.jpg

Korčula
korcula.jpg

Split
mapbzk.png

and many, many more settlements from E1200, but I'm bored to post pics of them right now.

Now, I am no expert in Western/Italian/seaside towns, so how much different from that might Pisa, Genoa, Ancona, Bari, Civitate and all those other Medit. settlements could look like?
Are those the types of Medit. towns that you had in mind, or have I imagined it incorrectly?
Because it would save a lot of work if they are.
Brubar said:
Concerning the heads, my opinion is the same as quapitty's. What we could do is keep the lord face we already have, cause some of us (i think mihailo?) are already working on them. But the others are great for generic / random men.
If I remember correctly (because I think I tried it once), it automaticaly polishes all the face-textures in the game, but I'm not sure how much damage would exactly do to my faces. But still, Except for a few faces of Serbian lords, I made most of them using some simple logic and stereotypes. I made Almohad and Banu captains randomly, but watched so they look Arabic (and there's even some black ones). For the Italian lords (Venice, Lombards, Tuscans, some Genoan, etc.) I mostly followed a sterotype of dark-haired, shaven Italian men, with exceptions, ofc. And for Bohemian, Bosnian and Serbian, I made them diverse, both bearded and shaven and moustached, with hair colour ranging from light to dark.
Of course, if there's an image of some lord, I followed it, and if I knew some lord is young or old, I made him look like that. So, again, I doubt that the polished faces would fu*k things up. And if it does, I can always make new ones.

I think I'll try that faces mod, most of them look certainly better than the dull native ones. Plus some from Native are so ugly we end up almost never using them.

Lol, the new face models are great, much more realistic and giving a way larger range of options. I'd even say most of our custom faces look better now after being 'remodeled' than in their original designs. But some companions need a rework, I fear. I mean, Selomon is not black anymore  :mrgreen: William Tell seems like he was casted out of Switzerland for being ugly, and Roger z Rykach looks pretty bad too. Robin Hood may need a bit of attention too.

Just some comparisons (then & now):

Kingalfonsothenoble.png

Kingalfonsothenoble_new.png

Kingalfonsodeleon.png

Kingalfonsodeleon_new.png

Korinov said:
I think I'll try that faces mod, most of them look certainly better than the dull native ones. Plus some from Native are so ugly we end up almost never using them.

Lol, the new face models are great, much more realistic and giving a way larger range of options. I'd even say most of our custom faces look better now after being 'remodeled' than in their original designs. But some companions need a rework, I fear. I mean, Selomon is not black anymore  :mrgreen: William Tell seems like he was casted out of Switzerland for being ugly, and Roger z Rykach looks pretty bad too. Robin Hood may need a bit of attention too.

Just some comparisons (then & now):

Kingalfonsothenoble.png

Kingalfonsothenoble_new.png

Kingalfonsodeleon.png

Kingalfonsodeleon_new.png

You gave them the new armors? Good, it's time to replace the units' and characters' equipment.

Revan Shan said:
You gave them the new armors? Good, it's time to replace the units' and characters' equipment.

The percpuntus armors were added some time ago, for 0.14 if I remember correctly. It's just that the old screenshots are indeed pretty old.

Korinov said:
Revan Shan said:

The percpuntus armors were added some time ago, for 0.14 if I remember correctly. It's just that the old screenshots are indeed pretty old.

Oh ok.

I should take a look to the knights, but the units that need more work are the low tier units. Specially the ones on the Serbian area.

By the way, could we get any concept art or reference of Scandinavian soldiers on 1200? I find it hard to believe they were all axemen with round shields (like vikings) and that some used kettle helmet.

The slavic/eastern units will receive new armors for 0.16, that I can guarantee. In fact I'm already implementing some of them:

IBDIu.png
yYCvT.png
auq08.png
7aP1J.png

Those will be used by eastern/slavic troops and some mercenary units also (thus giving them a less western european feeling and a more diverse origin).

Which reminds me that I have to sent these pics (and many more) to Mihailo.

Back
Top Bottom