Regarding scrolling status updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Zhukov032186

Recruit
  I have done a little research and haven't found anything on this particular topic, so I will ask here.

Is there a way to disable the scrolling status updates in the lower left, in particular during the strat map? I always considered that mildly annoying, but in particular IR with it's huge number of factions and characters, it's just a steady stream that fills half the screen and is largely unintelligible. This isn't a complaint against the mod, persay, just personal preference. I don't really care about ninety-nine percent of what is being said and would like it to be... gone.

I'm about to poke around in scripting and debug to see if there is anything there, but I wanted to ask at least.

Isn't there a game option to turn the messages off ? I know you can turn off all messages appearing during battle . All I got , since I do not actually play my mod  :wink:

Uh, I don't think so. I just checked to be sure, but I see nothing about it in game options or keys. How do you turn your battle messages off?

oh, you mean the damage reports ))) Yeah, those four options are there, but even if you disable them you still some stuff, albeit not very much. I'm going to investigate shrinking the "chat window" size. Will post results (if I have any) in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks )))

Zhukov032186 said:
oh, you mean the damage reports ))) Yeah, those four options are there, but even if you disable them you still some stuff, albeit not very much. I'm going to investigate shrinking the "chat window" size. Will post results (if I have any) in case anyone else is interested.

Thanks )))

Of course , I am always interested in seeing the results of spontaneous modding :wink:

Does not appear to be possible to do this. Can shrink the fonts, but that is game wide and presents its own problems. For now, I just try really hard to pretend it's "not happening", I suppose.

I second this! I just started playing the mod recently and this is one of the things that annoys me most.

The optimum would be if you could have a checkbox for every category of status-update there is. Maybe one checkbox for every faction and a "Miscellaneous"-option. This way you could for example choose to view only the scrolling updates for factions you're at war/aligned with. Because having all of them block half of the screen really is annoying.

Just some input to think about for the modders who are doing awesome(!) work!!

It's not that easy to just add special features. This appears to require coding, unlike most other things that have been modified. Unless a random programmer takes up the cause, I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing that. If it bothers you, you can reduce the text size, but is game-wide and makes it hard to read anything.

Back
Top Bottom