[WIP] New Troops.

Users who are viewing this thread

You can use the ingame cheat menu to already preselect a certain equipment set/look for them. Less work for gothy :wink:

Enable cheats and then in the camp menu you should be able to find a cheat mean, which allows you to view (and buy) all items ingame - simply use your char as a puppet and select a set. Make sure to write down item names and all should be fine. If you need money - ctrl+x in the trade menu (works in the item viewer as well).

I think the sea raiders should have Norse sounding names, considering canonically they are from the same place as the Nords. Basically they are vikings, and the Kingdom of Nords are more organized vikings that have established a kingdom in Calradia.

blitzking said:
I think the sea raiders should have Norse sounding names, considering canonically they are from the same place as the Nords. Basically they are vikings, and the Kingdom of Nords are more organized vikings that have established a kingdom in Calradia.

Haven't actually done anything with this yet  :sad: , but will have a relook at the sea raiders and try find some viking names to replace...

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

I know this is a little late but... maybe try this for the sea raiders.
Viking Berserker for the Sea Plunderer or Sea Pirate
Viking Cavalry for the Sea Rider (or for more viking-ish=Viking Kavaleri)
Viking Marksman, Ranger or it can stay Archer. Pick and Choose

But I like the whole fishermen start.
Maybe you can take out the whole 'Sea' thing and replace it with 'Viking'. it sounds cool. Viking lookout,Viking Marauder,Viking Archer.
Just throwing ideas around here  :grin:

Grandburger said:
Cypher007 said:

But vikings never rode horses into battle.

Any proof to that?

Cypher007 said:
I know this is a little late but... maybe try this for the sea raiders.
Viking Berserker for the Sea Plunderer or Sea Pirate
Viking Marksman, Ranger or it can stay Archer. Pick and Choose

But I like the whole fishermen start.
Maybe you can take out the whole 'Sea' thing and replace it with 'Viking'. it sounds cool. Viking lookout,Viking Marauder,Viking Archer.
Just throwing ideas around here  :grin:

Thanks Bud,

This has stalled, but if I ever get around to it I will definitely remember these and make some changes

Mainly vikings didn't ride horses, because many vikings were poor and only the noble or rich ppl could get a horse. They also prefered to fight on the ground, because when they arrived in their longships they didn't bring any horses but just ran towards the enemy and went berserk.

I'm from Denmark so i know a little bout it  :wink:

Chylexx said:
Mainly vikings didn't ride horses, because many vikings were poor and only the noble or rich ppl could get a horse. They also prefered to fight on the ground, because when they arrived in their longships they didn't bring any horses but just ran towards the enemy and went berserk.

I'm from Denmark so i know a little bout it  :wink:

I wasn't doubting you, and yes I can agree that they fought on the ground.

However, the way I see it is that these "Sea Raiders" have been in Calradia for many years (most of them coming from the local villages) thus they do have the odd person who rides and has a horse. Thus, they have only one horse branch which is more like a scout rather than a fighter

Yea that sounds good :grin: do you know how much progress you are on version 2.00? Because im getting sick of waiting for it :grin:

just thinking you make a new bandit troops just make a new faction troops it will then nicer.
something else wil it be fun to be a captian of a lord (you are a soldier of a lord but you can order of soldiers)

i dont think there should be ranks for bandits because bandits are irregular outlaws that are just random and not organized even till now! what do you think in medival ages!

Are you guys going to let Player join the normal , not themed looters , that are living all over Calradia ? You know , these drunk guys , that sometimes don't have boots , and armor , fighting with an clubs n' cheap swords ; ) ? Because in every bandit mod that i was playing ,i never could play as them ; / . There were Forest Bandits , Sea Raiders , Mountain Bandits , Taiga/Tundra Bandits , Steppe Bandits , and Desert Bandits , but there were always no normal themed Looters ; / ! I would really like to play under their command : ) ! btw. Cool mod , best i ever played ! I always wanted to be an soldier , not the boring fancy Lord that always need's to command !
Regards !
Loper.

Unfortunately I won't be working on this any more, although to be honest I stopped working on it a long time ago :sad:.

Just lost the love for MB Warband

Hey i just wanted to suggest that you make this mod compatible with others like the roman invasion and the Deus Vult crusader mod so you can join the factions in those games! thanks

Back
Top Bottom