[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

And asap because their first match is tomorrow.
I've pushed this subject many times on this thread already.

Maynd said:
Mok said:
Matches between SA, and EU will have to be played in NA, so that pings can be balanced.

No, theres nothing on the rule-set stating that. Like Alexander said, teams like Brasil join at their own risk and willing to play on EU servers.

Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving North America. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis. A potential match between a North American team and a Turkish or Russian team will likely have to take place on a server in France or at best the United Kingdom. It's doubly important in this case that teams make sure they have checked out the server they plan to use beforehand.

+

Alex_C said:
captain lust said:
Wait, you're actually allowing an Australian team? What's the point?

If they are willing to play on European servers, they're more than welcome to join.

Maynd said:
Zoltanus said:
Maynd said:
Like Alexander said, teams like Brasil join at their own risk and willing to play

Does that still mean that 50% will be played on EU and 50% on SA?

Not sure, lets wait for Alex to clarify that.

sammac said:
Maynd said:
Because in NA we can actually have "playable" pings? Seems pretty obviuos
Where is the line?

Humm really depends, for me the barrier might range from 120 to 140, more then that its a waste of time and sanity  :mrgreen:
I'm am truly concerned, if you pass that barrier the game gets pretty screwed, even if the team finds a server to play against Brasil providing a 200 ping average for both sides, it will be the most annoying experience since your swings will always came late or you don't even see your swings at all.
I understand that it makes it even for both sides but whats the point if you cant actually play properly?
But oh well, there's no better solution atm.

No servers outside of Europe/North America will be used. Against Brazil, more Western-European countries might be able to use an NA server as a middle-ground, I'd expect for teams such as Poland, Turkey and Russia etc. a UK/France server will have to be used.

Alex_C said:
No servers outside of Europe/North America will be used. Against Brazil, more Western-European countries might be able to use an NA server as a middle-ground, I'd expect for teams such as Poland, Turkey and Russia etc. a UK/France server will have to be used.
I'm not sure that's a good idea. Infact I expect an NA server could be found as decent middle ground for every one of Brazil's matches. Did some ping testing with Turkey and they got pings in the 130s on Beast Coast. Can't imagine Brazil will be much lower than that (although it's really important they provide some indication about what sort of pings they get).

Being brutally honest, I don't think we can expect an awful lot from Brazil ability-wise. I think if every team can find a server where pings are somewhat close and reasonably playable then we can all take our win, Brazil will get to play and that'll be the end of it. One of the benefits of not having every round count.

Brazil Cpt Ikaguia
I said back then that Beast Coast would me a great middle term.

Ikaguia said:
well, personally, I get 160-170 ping on a server hosted in NA and 190-210 ping in european servers, I manage to kill people often in native and I don't think it would be that disbalanced a 140 vs 210 ping match, it would get an 14-6 score I'd say or even 12-8

edit:
  • IG_battlegrounds(couldn't find IG_NC2012on the list) = 232
  • ENL_France_1 = 231
  • ENL_France_2 = 247
  • ENL_Germany_1 = 278
  • ENL_Germany_2 = 279
  • ENL_Germany_3 = 280
  • Team_USA couldn't find it
my ping is not good, but I can still fight, and on the NA servers, the ping is quite good
  • ENL_Hungary_1(not official but still...) = 237
  • US_GK_Siege_New = 139
  • JestServers_Florida = 140
  • Beast_Coast_Duel = 141
  • NA_cRPG1 = 161
  • EU_cRPG1 = 206

And I'm not the one with lowest ping on the team

dzioOb said:
Poland 20 - 0 Brazil

mb9b.jpg

mb10s.jpg

mb11dz.jpg

mb12u.jpg
Seems like a fair match. Hint: Sarcasm.

If it was any other team, I'd say they just did a terrible job negotiating servers but since it's Brazil, they should've been given better support and advice on the matter.

I don't know how it went down but I'd expect better of Team Poland than to allow this.

captain lust said:
If it was any other team, I'd say they just did a terrible job negotiating servers but since it's Brazil, they should've been given better support and advice on the matter.

I don't know how it went down but I'd expect better of Team Poland than to allow this.
Their was a problem, the match was suppose to be played at least half of it on Team USA. Where both teams would ping 100 + so it would have been even. But due to poor scheduling on either side don't know what side it was. They did not reserve the server and then wanted to use it when, Canada vs France was already using it. So they didn't have a fair server to play on.

Z3ro said:
Their was a problem, the match was suppose to be played at least half of it on Team USA. Where both teams would ping 100 + so it would have been even. But due to poor scheduling on either side don't know what side it was. They did not reserve the server and then wanted to use it when, Canada vs France was already using it. So they didn't have a fair server to play on.
That sort of issue can account for maybe playing on a German server instead of a French server. Not playing the entirity of Brazil vs Poland on a European server. In my opinion, that's unacceptable.

That's entirely ****ed up. Not that my opinion means jack-diddly in this case, but I say that match needs to be replayed. I wouldn't want the US team to play an entire match on an EU server, so I don't see how anyone could expect Brazil to do so.

I don't care if we're delayed for a week. I'll organize a practice for my team. There's no reason Brazil should have to keep those results.

I think that the match Brazil - Poland shall be replayed.

As for the U.S. team.
I think the match Russia - USA and Turkey - United States (if they occur) can be performed on the server in London. (average ping 100 for all three teams). French and German servers are not suitable for Russia and Turkey, where the ping is less than the U.S..
Play two games in North America and two in Europe, the same is not true (Turkey and Russia will have 170-210 in North America and 60 - 140 in Europe. While the U.S. has 110 -140 in Germany and France).

Back
Top Bottom