[NC2012] - Questions and Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex_C

Baron
Old Guard
Main.png

QA.png

Post here any questions, suggestions or such you have relating to Nations Cup 2012.

captain lust said:
Sorry to bang on about this but was there a reason the Moldovans/Belarus...guys (Belarusians?) got paired with the Ukrainians rather than the Russians/why aren't they allowed to join either team?

If they are allowed to join both teams the Moldavian players will be less unified (split up in two teams) wich would make it less of a nations cup. (I think)

Broomstick said:
captain lust said:
Sorry to bang on about this but was there a reason the Moldovans/Belarus...guys (Belarusians?) got paired with the Ukrainians rather than the Russians/why aren't they allowed to join either team?

If they are allowed to join both teams the Moldavian players will be less unified (split up in two teams) wich would make it less of a nations cup. (I think)
The question still stands of why Ukraine and not Russia. Essentially what I'm getting at is that it seems like Ukraine have arbitrarily been given Moldova and Belarus because Russia are probably stronger. Really, I don't think it's a major issue but I do think big teams like Russia should be entitled/subject to the same objectivity as everyone else.

captain lust said:
Broomstick said:
captain lust said:

The question still stands of why Ukraine and not Russia. Essentially what I'm getting at is that it seems like Ukraine have arbitrarily been given Moldova and Belarus because Russia are probably stronger. Really, I don't think it's a major issue but I do think big teams like Russia should be entitled/subject to the same objectivity as everyone else.

Well, Moldavia does border Ukraine...

But I don't really mind what happens, I'm doubting that a Moldavian player will sign up though.

Q: Server that will be hosting NC matchs required to have ENL mod on them, or can they just have the maps if possible ?

Simo Häyhä said:
Why matches will play 16 rounds instead of 20?
Alex_C said:
dzioOb said:
If I may... Why 16 rounds?  :shock:  let's play 20 as always...

The reasons in full for this would be in the 'Tell me' thread in the ENL subforum, personally I think it's good for Warband matches to become a little less time-consuming, and 16 would be less extreme than the 12 proposed for ENL.

Polls will be opened on this and some other issues in due course, with each Team Captain having a vote.

pro.faiL said:
Team captains can be admins on NC servers, or just the referees?

To my knowledge, there will be no 'official' servers, just like the Nations' 5-a-Side servers will mostly be donated by various clans/countries/individuals for use.

captain lust said:

To my knowledge there would be fewer players from Ukraine than Russia, I could be wrong about this, so if a Ukrainian/Moldovan/Belarusian/Russian knows this not to be the case, please correct me. Also, I was under the impression that Moldova borders the Ukraine, but not Russia.

Z3ro said:
Q: Server that will be hosting NC matchs required to have ENL mod on them, or can they just have the maps if possible ?

It would be preferred if servers have the ENL mod (since it has all sorts of useful features, such as streamer status), but it is not necessary. The maps obviously would be necessary.

Alex_C said:
captain lust said:

To my knowledge there would be fewer players from Ukraine than Russia, I could be wrong about this, so if a Ukrainian/Moldovan/Belarusian/Russian knows this not to be the case, please correct me. Also, I was under the impression that Moldova borders the Ukraine, but not Russia.
There are fewer Ukranian players than Russian, without a doubt and you're right about Moldova (Belarus borders both) but my point is that neither team needs the Moldovian/Belarusian players to reach the required numbers and beyond that, I don't really see why one team has more of a right to expand their player pool than the other. It's not something that affects me personally, obviously, I was just enquiring because I thought it might be something you hadn't considered.

Above there were many statements concerning the Belarus players.
But I and haven't understood, whether they can play for Russian national team?

I will remind that historically and ethical they are much closer to Russian, than to Ukrainians and Moldavians.

How to be with those at whom a dual citizenship: Russia-Ukraine, Russia-Poland, Russia-Belarus?

BaronDeMoroz said:
Above there were many statements concerning the Belarus players.
But I and haven't understood, whether they can play for Russian national team?

I will remind that historically and ethical they are much closer to Russian, than to Ukrainians and Moldavians.

How to be with those at whom a dual citizenship: Russia-Ukraine, Russia-Poland, Russia-Belarus?
I believe the general idea is that Russia already has a massive pool of players to draw on while the Ukranians and Moldavians generally have less players to drawn upon.

I know this is a bit out there but have you thought about abandoning round difference?

With America participating, it becomes a little obsolete and imbalanced as a method of sorting teams. Last year, Benelux got somewhat unfairly knocked out in the second group stage because they had lost by more rounds to Poland, which is inevitable since America get to play 10 rounds against them with a significant ping advantage.

It works both ways though, and means America aren't able to gain a really decent round difference, since they have to play 10 rounds of every match at a disadvantage.

Overall, I just think it would be fairer if round difference wasn't relied on to sort teams.

Alex_C said:
  • Servers outside of the EU may be permitted, for matches involving North America. For these teams, an event admin will be on hand to decide which servers are used, on a case by case basis. A potential match between a North American team and a Turkish or Russian team will likely have to take place on a server in France or at best the United Kingdom. It's doubly important in this case that teams make sure they have checked out the server they plan to use beforehand.
and what about matches involving south america?

There was never a SA team in the previous NC's and I really doubt that those teams can actually play having in mind the ping issues.

pro.faiL said:
Let's poll about the maps.

The only fair way to poll on the maps is to give each team (captain) a vote, in which case we should wait until the end of the signup period so all participating teams get a vote, not just the early sign-ups.

captain lust said:
I know this is a bit out there but have you thought about abandoning round difference?

With America participating, it becomes a little obsolete and imbalanced as a method of sorting teams. Last year, Benelux got somewhat unfairly knocked out in the second group stage because they had lost by more rounds to Poland, which is inevitable since America get to play 10 rounds against them with a significant ping advantage.

It works both ways though, and means America aren't able to gain a really decent round difference, since they have to play 10 rounds of every match at a disadvantage.

Overall, I just think it would be fairer if round difference wasn't relied on to sort teams.

What other method of ranking teams would you suggest?

I guess you could have decider-matches, but that would probably be fairly inconvenient.

Ikaguia said:
and what about matches involving south america?

No convenient way of managing this unfortunately. Would be great for this to be a Warband World Cup, but in the end it's pretty much limited to Europe and North America.

pro.faiL said:
Let's poll about the maps.

The polls should open relatively soon, however as crazyboy mentioned, they'll only be concluded near the end of sign-ups.

Back
Top Bottom