Weird numbers in Troop names

Users who are viewing this thread

Vertigan

Recruit
Hey,

I just download the new Floris 2.5 from ModDB and when i got in the tavern all the merc's have like A3 (insert name here)

even when i go recruit villagers i always see a number infront of their name like I1 Villager

So basically all the troops have those Weird Number Symbols infront of their names sometimes its just numbers like with the nurses 13 nurses it gets confusing

so i wonder does anyone know a fix for this and i apologize for my english its not my first language.

It's to indicate what type of troop they are and what rank.

So for example;

A1 - Archer, Rank 1
I4 - Infantry, Rank 4
C2 - Cavalry, Rank 2
H3 - Horse Archer, Rank 3

It's so that you know what everything is at a glance. I used to dislike it but it's actually really useful. I believe that you can manually edit the name of the troops fairly easily (if a bit long-winded) in the .txt files.

Vertigan said:
Oh really ? i thought it was some strange bug well then i guess i gotta get used to it then :wink:
You also have the choice (at game start) to pick the native troop tree set, which does not have the prefixes.

Duh said:
Vertigan said:
Oh really ? i thought it was some strange bug well then i guess i gotta get used to it then :wink:
You also have the choice (at game start) to pick the native troop tree set, which does not have the prefixes.

Cool thats actually quite neat but imma stay with the extended one ^^ its actually quite useful

Vertigan said:
Cool thats actually quite neat
It is :3 We hope to work together with fans who create alternative troop trees, so that their work will eventually end up as a choice in the mod.

Now more game developers need to be like this lol

Work together with the Community and implemented more cool stuff  :mrgreen:

This might aswell be a standalone game. might aswell name it Mount & Blade 4 just because of the size  :grin:

Does selecting the native troop tree only change names? I don't want it changing the actual troops. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom