SP Native [WB] Silverstag

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
silverstag_banner.png
For 1.143
Silverstag has been moved, the mod is being combined into an existing mod and is now being developed again. The name of the mod will still be Silverstag and you can find it with the link provided below.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233356.msg5583365.html#msg5583365​

MOD FEATURES & CREDITS

Diplomacy 4.2  - Waihti
PBOD v0.95 + wse - Caba 'drin
Freelancer 1.4 - Taragoth
Village raid/siege break - Caba' drin
Foraging skill  -  Jrider
Dual Kit 0.5 - MartinF
Extended prisoner chat  - mordachia,leprechan
Dynamic kingdom troop tree presentation  - dunde
Merchant trade ledger - Caba 'drin
Improved trade goods - Lav
Crouch stance & walking- dunde, harry_  for low side animations
Tournament play enhancements - Windyplains
Arena overhaul mod - Adorno
Custom lord notes- Lav
Realistic Colors mod - Lucke189
Polished landscapes- Gutekfiutek - "some texures used"
Ethnic troops mod- nemchenk, with some changes by me.
Blood enhancement tweak - neil_v, "i used blood tweak #3"
Expanded horizons- Openshaw
Face improvement project- Iboltax
Heraldic deployable pavise shield- Cartread, heraldic code support from Dunde
Better banners- MarkQuinn
Highlander models- Yamabusi
Narf's plate armor pack-  Narf of Picklestink "some items not used"
Rus armor pack- Narf of Picklestink
Narf's transitional armor pack- Narf of Picklestink
Mackie weapons OSP- mackie, xenoargh
Pino's armor pack- Pino69 v1.2 & 1.4
Vikingpack3- Dejawolf
Medieval helmet pack- Dejawolf
Bronze warrior set - Amade
Njunja eastern pack - Njunja
OSP arms & armor- Rath0s
Warband seige scenes pack- Lord Samuel
BB Weapons Pack- iggorbb
Almansur icon pack - Almansur
Wei Xiadi's armor pack - Wei Xiadi

cmpxchg8b's WSE - cmpxchg8b "this is required to play"

Added Highlander mercenary units to taverns, not historically accurate for this era, but I thought was cool.
Hunting -  Highlander with some changes by me, added new map icons and encounter screens.
New minor factions - Silverstag, The Black Horde, Sarrdakian Empire, Taiga Empire
New bandit parties + one resurrected - Dohaken Woodsmen, Black Khergits, Tundra Nomads, Silverstag Bandits & Sarrdakian Bandits
New dialogue for all new bandit parties, all new bandit parties have multiple encounter speeches.
Over 300+ 500+ items added including horses, weapons, and armor.  Each carefully balanced out.
Expanded native troop trees.
Expanded native map
Expanded mercenary tree
Rare horses.
Unique rare powerful items hidden away that cannot be found in shops, think you can find them?
Certain breeds of horses are only found in culture specific shops.
Camels can be bought or looted in the desert.
Choose a side in any battle.
All Sarranid lords and troops actually have middle eastern faces now.
Lots of breeds and variety of horses added to all factions.
Some of the king's faces & equipment has been refined.
More horses in city stables now, was 5 now 12.
All new minor factions are integrated into the economic structure, producing certain goods etc..along with their villages.
"denars" has been replaced with "silver"
It snows more often now in the tundra.
Added desert sand storms in the Sarrdak. "basically randomized fog distances for each encounter and changed the color looks cool though"
Hire peasant mercenaries from towns. "budget mercs"
Hire mercenaries from towns. "expanded mercs"
Hire Bandits

More to be added as this is a wip.

The New Minor Factions

Silverstag

Silverstagg is lead by Soranus Stealens the Feared, once a famous mercenary captain who has served under kings, and lords tearing away at their enemies. He has now taken aim for himself and his nobles to settle in Calradia and take advantage of the war torn land up for grabs. He has already claimed his own island off the shores of The Kingdom of Rhodoks years ago, staking his claim there for the tough journey ahead.  Silverstag's army is well rounded, they have good higher tier heavy infantry and good cavalry. Silverstag's ranged troops are decent they seem to resemble a swadian/nord look if you can imagine.

The Black Horde

The Black Horde is lead by Tengra Khan, a ruthless dictator that has somewhat allied with the Black Khergits.  He has very different views than the Khergit Khanate, and has come to this land and established himself in the upper steppe region. The Black Khergits are somewhat allied with the Black Horde, as Tengra sees them as the guardians of the gateway to upper steppes. 

Sarrdakian Empire 

The Sarrdakian Empire is lead by Sa'ar al-Za, he has established himself way out in the Sarrdak desert where hardly anyone goes since its such deadly and treacherous journey since its over run by The Sarrdakian Bandits.  Like before he is one of the few minor factions looking to expand his reach and gain riches and power due to the nature of Calradia in its war torn state.  Sarrdakian army has good archers, and good spear men.   

Taiga Tribes

Lead by Ganfri the Great, these nomadic warriors live deep in the snow covered mountains.  Unlike many armies you will find women warriors here as well, they fight alongside men and pose just as much of a threat if not more then male warriors. Their armor is mostly hide covered as well as shields and helmets, they are a heavy infantry style army with very little light cavalry. 

New Bandit Parties

Silverstag Bandits
These bad boys roam around Silverstag island wreaking havoc wherever they go, some are mounted and a well rounded enemy.
mb10.jpg

Black Khergits
As many of you already know, these guys mean business they are the guardians to the upper steppe guarding the only passage to Tagu. They have been slightly modified.

Dohaken Woodsmen
You can find these axe wielding/throwing rough necks in the thick forests by the outer Sarrdak desert, there is also a mountain pass you can travel through to get to the Dohaken forest as well. 
dohaken2.jpg
dohaken3.jpg
dohaken1.jpg

Sarrdakian Bandits
These guys roam the outer deserts mounted on camels, they would love to catch you traveling the outer Sarrdak since that is how they make their living. Thanks to their mounts they are able to travel the outer deserts looking for prey.
mb5-1.jpg
mb2-5.jpg

Tundra Nomads
W.I.P. - will add info soon...

Screen Shots
Been updated, will continue updating as I make progress.

stagg_1.jpg
gateway.jpg
mb6-1.jpg
mb5.jpg
pavise1.jpg
stagg2.jpg

boar.jpg
deer.jpg

Peasant Troops
peasants.jpg

Silverstag Some lower tier troops, still refining the higher tier. Not all equip is final.
cmstag2.jpg
cmstag1.jpg
cmstag3.jpg
cmstag4.jpg

Sarrdakian Updated!
sarr_archer_1.jpg
sarr_3.jpg
sarr_2.jpg
sarr1.jpg
sarr2.jpg
sarr3.jpg
sarr4.jpg
sarr5.jpg

Black Horde "Still a wip"
blk_horde1.jpg
blk_5.jpg
blk_4.jpg
blk_3.jpg
blk_2.jpg
blk6.jpg

Taiga Nomads

Heraldic horses, thanks to WSE and Dunde, I recreated new tableau meshes for them
mb15-1.jpg
mb16.jpg
mb20.jpg
mb21.jpg

Thanks

Taleworlds - for making a great game and the module system.
Taleworlds Community - for sharing excellent thoughts and OSP work and more.
Caba'drin - for letting me pick his brain when needed.
Taragoth - for Silverstag banner and Stag sig, support, ideas, and more.
Pundragon - for ideas and support.

Future Plans and WIP

Implement "The Claimant Rebellion Scripts"
Add some new dialogue for new bandit parties - Done...each bandit faction has multiple encounter speeches.
Create torn banners for the map icons - scrapped "some tech issues"
Add seafaring "again" Done.
Possibility of adding sea battles, needs tweaked though.
Adding some new companions with new dialogue
Making peasant mercenaries available to be hired from towns. Done.
Create peasant merc troops. Done.
Implement "Custom Banner Scripts", I would like to add more backgrounds and charges as well. - scrapped "change of mind"
Implement "Tournament Play Enhancement Scripts" Done. "updated to the latest 1.4.6 version"
Need to animate the new hunting icons, volunteers welcome..
Make new upgrades available for towns, castles, and villages
Finish up Silverstag scenes - 90%
Create new scenes for the Black Horde - not started
Create new scenes for the Sarrdakians - not started
Create new scenes for the new bandit lairs - not started
Create new scenes for the Taiga Nomads -  not started
Implement npc respawn script, so when you kill a lord it puts a new lord "the lords son" in his place and randomizes renown,stats..etc. "no time at the moment, maybe a later version"
Added a new trade good, "Arms".. you can buy an enterprise and your weapon smith will create arms to fuel the wars in Calradia, while you make a profit off of it. "works, but refining it".
Add mining to certain towns, for new trade goods.
Added WSE heraldic horses, creating more tableau variants. Done.
Revamp sieges and options for sieges.
Add sea travel to accompany sea faring and other nearby "new" islands.
Revamp character creation.
Polish up all bandit parties.
Finish all new lords equip.
Finish new ladies for minor factions.
Polish up all new troops.
Finish outer islands of Calradia.
Adding the custom troop scripts by Fisheye, revamping the troop inventory a bit though.

Will be adding stuff to this list as I go.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Scene maker wanted

If you have scene experience and your willing to volunteer to make scenes PM me, I'm kind of burnt out at the moment.

Go easy on me for this is my first mod, its started out as a personal project but then just kept growing to the point where I thought other people may enjoy it as well.  There is still a lot of work to do, and a lot planned out.  I've been a member of this community since 08' and have been hooked here since, its a great community and I love the fact that we get to toy around with this open source game. I'm a huge medieval nut, it has always stimulated my interest and I have been wanting to throw something together for quite some time now.  I have just been reading and learning and watching trying to figure out what I want to do. I have a huge passion for Native, so I decided to expand off of that which many have done already...but this is my flavor of it all. 

There is no release date planned, its done when I'm done with it.  Once certain things get buttoned up I will release and continue working on it, any suggestions or ideas are welcome. 

Sincerely,
Dawg -
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sigs: 
Made by me
silverstag_banner.png
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233356.msg5583365.html#msg5583365][IMG]http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii349/slate79/silverstag_banner.png[/IMG][/url]
Made by Taragoth
slvstg1.png
Code:
[url=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,233356.msg5583365.html#msg5583365][IMG]http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii349/slate79/slvstg1.png[/IMG][/url]

This sounds great, plus it's nice when someone make a thread after a has made some progress on the mod. It's not directly mentioned but will "traditional" bandits get improved ?

Daeran said:
This sounds great, plus it's nice when someone make a thread after a has made some progress on the mod. It's not directly mentioned but will "traditional" bandits get improved ?

Yea most likely, I just try to make all the different parties unique in their own way.  Dohaken turned out good they are really fun to fight against, I'm still polishing up some of the new bandits I'll put pics up when I finish that.  But yea, if anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to see done with the traditional bandits feel free to make a suggestion or share your ideas.  Mostly I have just added to Native, creating my own from scratch. Only thing I have edited in Native as far as troops is expand the native troop trees, which can be a tough task trying to keep it real somewhat blend in with the native troops. 

Dawg of War said:
Daeran said:

Yea most likely, I just try to make all the different parties unique in their own way.  Dohaken turned out good they are really fun to fight against, I'm still polishing up some of the new bandits I'll put pics up when I finish that.  But yea, if anyone has any suggestions on what they would like to see done with the traditional bandits feel free to make a suggestion or share your ideas.  Mostly I have just added to Native, creating my own from scratch. Only thing I have edited in Native as far as troops is expand the native troop trees, which can be a tough task trying to keep it real somewhat blend in with the native troops.

For starters i would love to see forest bandits with another weapon BESIDES axes xP
And mabye mix it up like 1755 did and make the bandits have non-capturable party leaders that keep respawning so there is a set amount of bandits and the map doesnt get spammed by them so badly

This looks awesome, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. I have some suggestions of stuff to include:

Broken 1/ Barf's Female Face mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116278.0.html
Jaymosuke's hair models: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,164809.msg3992293.html#msg3992293
Possibly the surgeon in Yamabusi's battlefield priests pack? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145768.0.html

For the Highlander units, I always had this idea that you might be able to integrate them better into the game by making them a subset of the Rhodoks. Highland peasants could be recruited from the Rhodok villages in the mountains, and would eventually upgrade to use claymores, targes and longswords like in the model pack. Perhaps a divergent line could be made that uses polearms like halberds and poleaxes and the like, using models from this pack. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125920.0.html

Also, I have added some of Narf's transitional and plate models into the troop lines from slavers and sword sisters, and I've given Narf's Rus models and Dejawolf's viking models to the Vaegirs, Sea Raiders and possibly some nords. I can give you the module system codes I used if you so desire.

xXBerethorXx said:
For starters i would love to see forest bandits with another weapon BESIDES axes xP
And mabye mix it up like 1755 did and make the bandits have non-capturable party leaders that keep respawning so there is a set amount of bandits and the map doesnt get spammed by them so badly

Ok I will look into that, thanks for the ideas!

Yarrum said:
This looks awesome, I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it. I have some suggestions of stuff to include:

Broken 1/ Barf's Female Face mod: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,116278.0.html
Jaymosuke's hair models: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,164809.msg3992293.html#msg3992293
Possibly the surgeon in Yamabusi's battlefield priests pack? http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,145768.0.html

For the Highlander units, I always had this idea that you might be able to integrate them better into the game by making them a subset of the Rhodoks. Highland peasants could be recruited from the Rhodok villages in the mountains, and would eventually upgrade to use claymores, targes and longswords like in the model pack. Perhaps a divergent line could be made that uses polearms like halberds and poleaxes and the like, using models from this pack. http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,125920.0.html

Also, I have added some of Narf's transitional and plate models into the troop lines from slavers and sword sisters, and I've given Narf's Rus models and Dejawolf's viking models to the Vaegirs, Sea Raiders and possibly some nords. I can give you the module system codes I used if you so desire.

As far as the battlefield priests I actually already have them implemented just not loaded yet, I have been trying to think of a good way to put the them in the game. 

Thanks for the links I will definitely check those out, I like the idea you have for the highlanders.  That's a great suggestion thank you for that, I think I may just do that.  I planned on adding more mercenary style units to taverns anyways to give the player a wider variety of mercs to hire.  I also was going to add some more upgrades to castles and towns giving you the ability to hire troops from there as well.

As far as the slavers and sword sisters, I haven't put a lot of thought there yet your ideas sound pretty good though.  I did change the sea raiders armor to a more fitting style, its basically the same byrnie style of armor but with more variables and rusted looking.

Great! i give you the best of luck with this project and i cant wait to give it a bash. I always liked Calradia but i wanted the polished landscapes and freelancer and Diplomacy, (i could go on) ive tried making my own mod like this but when i tried to learn python it just wouldn't work, so ye good look and can't wait  :grin:

Suggestion and Questions:
Make sea raiders a minor faction.
Can Minor Factions take over larger factions or even Calradia?
Mercenary camps.

Sef OK b said:
Suggestion and Questions:
Make sea raiders a minor faction.
Can Minor Factions take over larger factions or even Calradia?
Mercenary camps.

Minor factions will have the ability to expand, I've been balancing and testing to see how they compare with the larger factions and they seem to do well. 

Making the sea raiders a minor faction?..prob not but they have been modified a bit.

Mercenary camps...please explain, you mean like in Wfas?

Hopefully we'll have Freelancer 2.0 included in Silverstag, should help with Neutral faction playability  :wink:

Bertanx said:
Good luck, I will be watching this closely. By the way, have you abandoned from the "Legion of Nohlrokx"?

Heh, I haven't heard that for a while, L.O.N is basically Silverstag.  That was back when I was trying to get something in the works and life wasn't agreeing with me.  I took most of the stuff I had planned for L.O.N and put those ideas into Silverstag.

Been toying around with the weather a bit, made it snow a lot more in the Tundra region, sometimes a blizzard completely random though. It bugged me seeing everything covered in snow and it seemed to never snow that is fixed now.  Also added some "sand storms" to the Sarrdak desert, its fog but recolored and randomized for every encounter I think it turned out decent.

I was in chat with Taragoth, Pundragon, and Nordous...Pundragon sparked the idea about having sands storms.  Still need to play with the distance values a bit I'm guessing these pics would be a mild storm.

In this first pic look really hard and you can see them charging towards you.
sandstorm2.jpg
sandstorm.jpg

Sayd Ûthman said:
Great idea, but sand storms should not happen too often, and they should do serious damage to your troops and make archers unusable.
Could hook into PBOD's weather_affect_proficiency scripts to accomplish this pretty slick (if you just want to make them nice an inaccurate, I suppose).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom