SP Native [WB] Silverstag

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caba`drin said:
Sayd Ûthman said:
Great idea, but sand storms should not happen too often, and they should do serious damage to your troops and make archers unusable.
Could hook into PBOD's weather_affect_proficiency scripts to accomplish this pretty slick (if you just want to make them nice an inaccurate, I suppose).

Yea Duh was talking to me about that, I will look into that..thanks Caba!

Yarrum said:
Any updates for us? This thread's gotten a bit quiet.

Been working a lot lately, been workin on it though I still update the main post with changes.  Here soon I will have something decent to update about when I get some more time.  Been implementing a lot of changes lately. 

hi! i really like the look of this mod, especially the new armours that are going to be implemented. hows progress going with the mod and any idea when you will be able to release anything? :grin:

I find the concept of the "Silverstag" faction interesting, but wouldn't something like "Brethren of the Silverstag" or "Order of the Silverstag" be a better representation of it? In short, a naming convention that represents that faction as an organization - because quite frankly "Kingdom of the Silverstag" is a bit much to mull over. As with any mods in the works I wish the best of luck, no matter what the outcome the community always benefits.

Soranus Stealens the Feared of the Silverstag sounds like a cool character - the mans doing what the player is supposed to do, I can rally behind that. Could you give him a daughter we can marry so we can be related to him? Just throwing it out there, none of the vanilla monarchs have any children and I think that would really set your new kings and warlords apart from the rest of the soggy Calridian Royalty. Caba`drin says that this is technically possible, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the idea. It was actually done in the Europe 1200 Warband mod, unfortunately they weren't able to get the relation status working and the player didn't have the King listed as his father-in-law.

If you do give the man a daughter, please make her a raven haired, red lipped woman of 21-25 with an ambitious streak. That would be so awesome. If you want to make her look like the daughter of a mercenary warlord turned King then set her up in armor and with a sword, but if you do give her a dress I believe red would do the trick perfectly, or maybe blue?

Hail Silverstagians!

News from the front is that Dawg of War is currently involved in Real Life too much at the moment (as so am I) so development is very slow at the moment but he has assured me from afar that he will be back and it will be sooner rather than later, whereis myself will be returning later rather than sooner. Do not give up on Ser DoW as he will not give up on bringing you all the mod goodness you so rightly deserve ( including freelancer :razz: ) in the future.

Taragoth
Freelancer & Silverstag Dev

Hello folks,

I first want to apologize for being absent and not being able to answer questions quickly I just have some issues in life that need addressed before I can dive back into SS. I still have tons of interest in this mod and think about it very often.  To be honest its going to be a little over a month before I can dive back into this again, I want ideas or suggestions in the meantime. Just because I don't answer does not mean I am not seeing them or taking it into consideration, just extremely busy atm.  I am excited to get back into this soon, and look forward to it all coming together.

I do however need some people to makes scenes in the meantime. :smile:  PM me if interested.

p.s. - Thanks Goth for spitting that out there for me!..

Sincerely,
- Dawg

Wu-long said:
So umm just throwing it out there would you consider implementing horse breeding? :razz:

You know, I have always liked the idea of being able to breed specific horses.  I will definitely consider that for sure, I have some ideas on how to implement that as well.  I have a lot of new horses already added....some rare, but well over a hundred.  Breeding a horse specific to your needs is a good idea, agility, power, toughness...etc.  But on a more realistic note, how long should it take in game to breed a horse?  Any suggestions?

To be honest I'm not quite sure but if you look at this article (http://www.ehow.com/info_10045243_long-breeding-horse.html) you could probably come up with a few ways of horse breeding each with it's pro's and con's. For example if you let it happen natrually you may lose a stallion having it go lame for a few weeks or say you did it manually and well the buckoro will take longer to have but it will be much stronger.

Wu-long said:
To be honest I'm not quite sure but if you look at this article (http://www.ehow.com/info_10045243_long-breeding-horse.html) you could probably come up with a few ways of horse breeding each with it's pro's and con's. For example if you let it happen natrually you may lose a stallion having it go lame for a few weeks or say you did it manually and well the buckoro will take longer to have but it will be much stronger.

Good deal, I have already basically implemented horse breeding this weekend, but still polishing it up a bit.  I have a lot to do here soon, also noticed that the module system has been updated so i got to go through and look at the changes.  Here shortly there will be a lot added, and some things taken out due to the module system update....nothing too serious though. 

@Owen Wulfson
I like your thoughts, and yes I have been working on family members for the minor factions.

As far as all the other questions about a release, not going to happen soon.  There is a lot I need to wrap up, I need people to help build scenes though, and some other various things it would make a release come sooner.  PM me if you want to help out, it would be very much appreciated.  Thanks for all your input everyone!...keep the ideas and suggestions coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom