Native Completed Capture the Flag Innovation Tourney [CIT] DISCUSSION

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capture The Flag Innovation Tourney
Discussion Phase - Discuss CTF and CIT, Tournament has been cancelled

citf.png

The Capture the Flag Innovation Tourney [CIT] is a round-robin tournament that will begin February 25th. The purpose of this tournament is to find out how CTF would work in a competitive environment, how much strategy and tactical thinking would go into playing a CTF match, and most importantly, to have fun. Compared to most tournaments and ladders active, the CIT will be much more relaxed. As a CTF tournament on a big scale has not happened to my knowledge, we are testing the waters here and trying to be innovative and fun. As the idea is new, the focus will stray away from purely winning to a more balanced perspective of fun and competition.

Although this will be a North American tournament, and as such matches will be fought on North American servers (unless two European teams wish to fight on a European server, which is fine with me) the ping difference will not be as important and I am welcoming European teams to sign up for this tournament.

The signup phase begins on the 14th of January and ends on the 25th of February. Teams are allowed to sign up until the 24th, but in order to save me work and give me more time to unleash the beginning of the tournament, the earlier you sign your team up, the better. The current idea is to have a round-robin tournament with a match between the top two teams at the very end. The winner will be determined by number of matches won, and not rounds, in order to prevent exploitation of the system.

This tournament will be lead by Eternal. PM me if you need anything, and I will not join any team in order to remain impartial. Other tournament administrators, including Suriell (thanks to him for the image!), are allowed to join any teams as they wish.

Major thanks to MrX and Mad Dawg for helping me with map editing. Stuboi, Lord Rich, and Maynd also receive generous thanks for allowing me use of their well-made custom CTF maps. Without them, this tournament would not be what it is.

Current Admin List:
Eternal
Suriell
Rurin
MrNomNom
Orion
Mad Dawg
Alexander
CheesePizza

Rules:

- Each team will be lead by a team captain. Forms for registration will be in the second post.
- Each team will consist of 9-12 people.
- The tournament is designed for a 6v6. Teams are allowed to fight more if both teams can field more.
- In order to add a member to your team, a PM must be sent to me. That player is eligible to play as soon as you send the PM. They do not have to be added to the roster before they are played.
- A team may be kicked out at any time. Although this is a commitment as a team resigning messes up the scoreboards, they are allowed to do so.
- If a team captain can not make a match, an 'acting captain' will be responsible for all captain duties.

- Each phase or 'round'(per tournament terms) of the tournament will begin a week after the one before it.
- Each team is obligated to fight the team it is supposed to within two weeks. It is rare that an extension will be allowed past this,
- Scheduling will be performed by individual teams; you may choose to do this in any way. Save logs of scheduling conversations for review in case a problem arises.
- If one team is proving uncooperative, then an auto-loss will occur. If this continues to be a problem, they will be removed from the tournament.
- Screenshots should be taken as soon as one team reaches 4 wins. See rules on matches.
- Teams should play on a server that is best for both of them. In case of an EU team vs. NA team match, it will always be played on an East Coast server unless one is not available.

Server settings
- 1500 gold.
- Fastest Speed. If both teams wish to fight on Medium, then they are allowed to. However, default is Fastest.
- Automatic horse killing off and other obvious rules. Akin to battle settings.
- 100% round and bonus gold.
- Friendly fire friend, 100%, friendly fire self, 0%, minimum armor not enforced. ranged enabled and capture the flag game type.
- ~an hour time limit.
- You may play either the listed custom maps below, or play the Native maps. Both are allowed.
- 13 second respawn time.
- Forest Hideout, Random Plains/Steppes Large not allowed. Khergits also not allowed.
  Match Rules
- 2 Maps
- Team 1 picks first map and spawn, Team 2  picks faction, top picks faction for first map.
- For second map, team 2 picks first map and spawn, top seed picks faction, bottom seed picks faction.
- First to 2, then switch spawns/factions. Go to second map, first to 2, switch spawns/factions.
- Whoever gets the most captures(maximum of 8 ) wins.
- The switching of faction and spawn is to make up for possible map and flag spawn imbalances.
- Ghosting is illegal. In case a team is suspected of ghosting, a neutral third party will be sent to their VoIP for their next two matches.
- Trolling beyond the usual is not allowed, and non-joking insults and harassments are illegal as well.
- Once a flag is picked up, flag carrier may not mount a horse.
- If a flag carrier mounts a horse, he is required to drop it by dying as soon as the violation gets called and the other team receives a point.
- If a rule breach occurs in which a team gains a point (other team mounting while with flag) that counts as an invisible POINT on the scoreboard. If they get it while 1-0, it ends. The total number of captures should never exceed 8.
- Camera is set by default to team member view. If both teams agree, the camera may be free.
- At any point in a map, a map may be changed, erasing all scores for the map. The team that DID NOT choose that was changed may choose a different map to replace it. A map played previously may not be replayed.
- In the case of a 1-1 score on a round (one capture per team), both team captains, if they agree, may call that round a draw and proceed to the next round/map, whichever the case may be. If calling the round a draw would result in a draw overall for the match, then this may not be utilized.

Example of a Match:
Team 1, top seed: Ruins, bottom spawn.
Team 2, bottom seed: Nords.
Team 3, top seed: Rhodoks.
Say team 1 runs out of time leading 3-2. Team 1 wins the first round. The clock is reset back to 30 minutes, faction and spawn are switched, and they play again. Team 2 wins 4-1. They switch back to original spawn and faction, and reset timer. Team that wins the third round wins the match.

- Matches should be reported via thread or PM as soon as the match is finished.
- Screenshots are advisable in case of a dispute.

Downloads the maps here.

1. Eternal Village(admittedly, New Village is hella better)
2. Fortbridge
3. Mystery(don't know the actual map name, so named Mystery.)
4. New Nord Town
5. New Village
6. Northton.
7. Harbour Assault

Servers currently with the maps:
Beast Coast - Server Admin M.
Wappaw - Server Admin The Pizza

BRACKET

citdouble.png

Teams and Other Stuff

You may sign up as a freelancer for teams to recruit from.
Nevino

1. Apis Istiniae [AI]
Team Captain: AE_<BEEPUN>_Alexander
Contact information of Captain: 
taleworlds.gif
Alex_C;
5856473930_b65c41f4cc_o.gif
nirras; Xfire: siralexander2
Team Members:
1. AE_<BEEPUN>_Alexander
2. IG_Earl_Carl
3. AE_<BEEPUN>_LeRoux
4. AE_<BEEPUN>_Morii
5. AE_<BEEPUN>_Crusader
6. IG_Knt_Oliveran
7. AE_<BEEPUN>_M
8. IG_Knt_Hubbel
9. IG_Duke_David
10. MrNomNom
11. IG_Ctz_ryozu
12. AE_<BEEPUN>_Motus

2. Undecided
Team Captain: Rurin
taleworlds.gif
Rurin
Team Members:
1. Maynd
2. Captain Lust
3. Clockwise
4. Antonidas
5. Kain
6. Master Unicorn
7. Suriell
8. William
9. Beowulf
10. Rurin
11. Asheila
12. Faranox

3. Ordo Renascendi Aquilae [ORA]
Team Captain: Taurnil
Contact Info:
taleworlds.gif
Taurnil or Steam ( GilGalad236 )
Team Members:
1. Taurnil
2. Ghaern
3. Harald
4. Ancalagon
5. Tuon
6. Spartan
7. Wolflo
8. Chewbacca
9. Vendigr
10. Dman
11. Calhoune
12. Dragonhelm

4. BAD Flags
Team Captain: Mad Dawg
taleworlds.gif
Mad Dawg | Steam
Team Members:
1. Mad Dawg
2. Peasant
3. Scott Ray
4. Ron Burgundy
5. Angus Burger
6. Alekronos
7. Core
8. Huseby
9. Akmar

5. GOOD Flags
Team Captain: Blak
Contact Information of Captain:
taleworlds.gif
blak Steam: Blakmammy
Team Members:
1. Blak
2. Paxman
3. Unix
4. KissMyAxe
5. Z3ro
6. Juvenile
7. Egor
8. Flaming Monkey
9. Wolf
10. Max
11. Septimus

6. Friendly Fire [FF]
Team Captain: Broomstick
taleworlds.gif
Broomstick Steam: Broomstick
Team Members:
1. Broomstick
2. Klockis
3. Hygat
4. sammac
5. Henkanii
6. Galenpojke
7. Toolov
8. Techno_Viking
9. Thovex
10. Turambar
11. Beaver
12. Corey

7. Seal Cub Clubbing Club [SCCC]
Team Captain: RoBoCoP
Contact Information:
taleworlds.gif
RoBo_CoP,
steam.gif
KoA Robocop
Team Members:
1. KoA RoBoCoP
2. KoA Joe
3. KoA Thatcher
4. KoA King John
5. KoA Aragorn
6. KoA Fehnor
7. KoA Visceralknight
8. DoF Hallowedknight Nevino
9. TKC_EnragedBerryFarmer
10. Godfrey
11. Optimal
12. braveheart
Theme Song

8. SHAZOOOOOO [SHAZ]
Team Captain: Guardian
Contact Information:
taleworlds.gif
hillufshovel
Team Members:
1. Guardian
2. Radrikan_Janis
3. Eidridin
4. Conall
5. Jytrem
6. Chuck
7. Hero_of_Hiroshima
8. MadocComadrin
9. Snoop
10. DoYouLikeMe
11. Sparhawk
12. Rebel Lord Tranny Orc

9. Pubstars
Team Captain: wK_Gelden
taleworlds.gif
Gelden ,
steam.gif
thund3r3
Team Members:
1. wK_Gelden
2. wK_Sirlagalot
3. wK_SaVa
4. wK_Oenomaus/NBD
5. wK_Ragnola
6. wK_Calamity
7. bks_peers
8. wK_Ranger
9. wK_WilySly
10. BkS_African
11. Ash_Tre
12. LES_BigBoss

10. Regimental Gaming [RG]
Team Captain: delgado
steam.gif
kevin61128,
taleworlds.gif
sr_perro
Team Members:
1.RG_BULITUP
2.RG_Axeman
3.RG_ Melvarius
4.RG_Lash
5.RG_delgado
6.RG_Armsly
7.RG_Connor
8.RG_Spud
9. RG_Scike
10. RG_NOROKER
11. RG_Knight

11. We Owned the Other Douchebags  Flags [WOOD]
Team Captain: GreenKnight
Contact information of Captain: [email protected] /
taleworlds.gif
Greenknight
Team Members:
1. Wappaw_Strango
2. Wappaw_GreenKnight
3. Wappaw_SaltedSlug
4. Wappaw_THOR
5. Wappaw_Blade
6. Wappaw_Hot_Carl
7. Wappaw_Cheesepizza
8. Wappaw_Scope
9. Wappaw_Crouse
10. Wappaw_Smacktastic
11. Wappaw_Aidan
12.Wappaw_Mafioso

Class restrictions? Really?
Next thing you know we'll be having some ****ty NA 5-a-side tourney

Other than that, I like it :smile:

Honestly, I just don't want six people on Nord Town taking heavy horses straight to the flag and winning that way. I could waive the archer class restrictions, but I figure three (half a 6-player team) is fair.

CTF? Haven't played that in awhile :\

Pretty cool none the less, sign me up, as a, "Freelancer", for now.

Mok,

P.S: Well done Cath, you seem to be very supportive towards the NA warband scene. :razz:

Edit:

Move this to tournament sub-forum, Lust.

I will sign up as freelance as well for now, if anyone wants an extra team mate.  Maybe LES will want to play. 

Is 30 minutes a usual time for CTF, it will take about as long as a standard battle match.  Just seems that 30 minutes is a long time imo. 

Does sound fun.  :smile:

Generally the objective was to have it last as long as a standard battle match, so yeah. 1 hour and thirty minutes is the absolute longest a match could take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom