Not open for further replies.
Alright, six teams:
Undecided
ORA
FF
BAD
Pubstars
SHAZOOOO

If you want in and you aren't in, you either failed at sending me a PM or I failed to notice it. Please notify me immediately if that is the case.

Bracket going up tomorrow.

citdouble.png

Have fun guys. You have until Sunday to complete the first match, after that you'll be given two week deadlines in order to slow it down a little and allow for easier times.

If it doesn't happen in two weeks, team with least effort forfeits. Period.

Good luck!

Taking it down. Popular demand got this up, unfortunately, popular undemand got it back down.

Regardless, thanks to Mad Dawg and Pubstars for getting their match done. I've got a lot of schoolwork, a lot of things to do, and it's very difficult to run an event like this - particularly when it is not fun for many and they are not participating. During Round 1 of the round robin, there were literally two teams that I didn't have to shepherd through scheduling. That shouldn't happen. The gameset is just too difficult to pull off mass interest. With Undecided's opponent fielding a grand total of one person, or so I heard, I just can't manage it. I played along and helped out during the round robin - that's why I was willing to do double elimination, so that I did not have to go through that. Regardless, it was a good try.

However, I believe many of the problems that we faced can be corrected. The ruleset- which I found to be strong, although not perfect, could use tweaks. The maps are atrocious, but with custom maps, this can be done. Not running it during another very popular event also helps.

On the positive side, CTF is viable as a competitive matchup. We saw the 'typical' good teams in battle score highly in CTF, but there were also a few oddball teams that used unique tactics and strategies within CIT in order to place highly. That's very exciting and it shows that CTF has the potential to be like battle - strategic, tactical, and yet fun.

I believe Alex is working on a CTF tournament for the EU scene, and I hope he took what I learned from CIT and will make his event into a success. CIT WAS a success. It was the Capture the Flag Innovation Tournament - it was innovative, successful, and designed to try out Capture the Flag, in which it succeeded. With that I am very satisfied.

Amongst the mumbo jumbo that was the scoreboard, I believe ORA, BAD, and Undecided were never defeated. As such, I pronounce ORA, BAD, and Undecided the victors. Many thanks to everyone that participated. It was an honor to host this.

I'll leave this up for general discussion about Capture the Flag and CIT in general until Friday - then I'll lock the thread and get it gone.

I'd also thank my admins. MrNomNom in particular took some heat and played it off coolly. Others provided help with the ruleset and made things flow smoothly.

Huge appreciations to all.

Yeah, my first victory in a Warband competition!
Sad this ends up like this, we (Undecided) had a blast with it. Thanks Eternal for your effort, it was really appreciated but there's nothing you can do when most of teams fail to gather interest.

TEAM SHAZOOOOO SHALL RETURN WITH A VENGEANCE... after we get some more practice down. It was a fun tourney though while it lasted. Good idea Eternal, and for shame on those who lost interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom