United_PW4_HCRP Complaint, Unban Request & Suggestion Thread

Map Poll

• Dardanelles-http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,178414.0.html

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • Across the River(Splint's map)-http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,154306.0.html

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • Basin of Ice-http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,202276.0.html

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Land of Change-http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,185092.0.html

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Boarlady

Grandmaster Knight

United_PW4_HCRoleplay

The purpose of this thread is for complaints, suggestions and brainstorming regarding the United Hardcore RP Server.
Map Polls will also now run under this thread.
I will do my best to keep it updated with our current goals/ideas that have gained a lot of support via the tallies of poll votes.

Suggestions:

Anyone who wishes to find out more information or view ruleset please visit the main thread found here:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211981.0.html

Feel free to post all relevent suggestions and ideas here, even those unmentioned. We are HCRP. We welcome creativity.  :grin:

Vote tally:
Raiding-34 Yes, 15 Yes with restrictions, 8 No raiding

The return of New Life Rule- Yes 25  No 20

Map change- Unknown lands 27 Lowlands 14 Pleasant Trees 8

Global OOC Poll
Global Chat may be used for all IC and OOC items (Pigeons, Doves, Bounties, Posters in global will now stay/become acceptable. Roleplay in global will still remain disallowed.))-37 votes
Global Chat may not be used for IC chat at all (No pigeons, Doves, Bounties, Posters)-13
Global chat may only be used for "Posters"-23

Faction ceasefire- Not during active sieging-30 No-17 Yes-6

Complaints and Unban requests

Also this thread will now be used for complaints in addition to suggestions. The following famous outline must be used for all complaints.

Use this form for unban requests:
Code:
[b]Your in-game name at the time:[/b]
[b]Who banned you?[/b]
[b]When were you banned?[/b]
[b]Why were you banned?[/b]
[b]Why should you be unbanned?[/b]

If you have a complaint
Code:
[b]Your in-game name:[/b]
[b]Name(s) of the person(s) you are accusing:[/b]
[b]What you are accusing the person(s) of:[/b]
[b]Time of the incident and your time zone:[/b]
[b]Evidence:[/b]

Post suggestions for the server as you wish. We're happy to receive constructive criticism.
Rules.

1. Any flamey, trolly or disrespectful complaints I will not even bother responding to. State what happened not that he or she is an ******* for doing this or that.

2. Post it in the format or again, chances are you will not be responded to.

All the standard punishments for rulebreaking still apply. Warnings/Kicks/Temps/Perms

Reports of poor roleplay (within reason) are now acceptable complaints. Please post in the above complaint format with "Poor roleplay" as the reason. All poor roleplay reports will have this manner of handling

The United HCRP team wishes to ensure this is a fun and roleplay orientated environment at all times. To achieve this the following action steps will be taken to keep discontent to a bare minimum and enjoyable roleplay at a maximum.

Steps:
Step 1: Complaint received---> Personal warning to shape up by a member of administration.--->Additional complaints follow?---> Step 2.

Step 2: Personal coaching and supervision by members of council/administration team. Continued failure to adjust---->Step 3

Step 3. Essentially permanent removal from the server.

I will keep this simple and to the point. Please bear in mind we will not be removing anyone for not being as good as you. Do not even bother and that manner of elitist attitude will be frowned upon. The system is designed so that Admins/Council members are teachers as well as disciplinarians, you will be shown and helped to be better before any discipline comes near your way. That said, intentional trolls such as the lolspawnslasheverythingIsee will find themselves permanently removed without warning.

martyrAD said:
my idea for the starting map was simple no crazy classes, all the outlaw ones, militia and hunter, traveler, healer, and craftsmen/engi. to try to keep the arrival/nomads very basic leather armors limited weapon choices and then progress later on in the maps to come.

I disagree, instead of ****ty classes, focus on weapon/armor availability. We should have footman, archer and the like. Many more than the list below just figured it gave a basic idea of my opinion.

SHould have:
Military and soldier cleavers
Spear and warspear
Swords up to arming
Lowest damage axes
Light lances only
Leather armors
Heraldic+tunic

Should not have:
Bastard swords
Great Swords/Two handed Swords
Warbows/Longbows
Heavyxbow/Seigebows
Heavy armors

I mean think tier 1 of shieldwall.

The stage one map should have scattered wood and thistle roofed housed scattered with very small communities all around (maybe 5 very small ones. Also there should be one wooden fortified outpost with wooden doors. Factions instead of having castles should have caves that have quick defences rigged up. There is more I will post at a later in the day.
§

Afric said:
What if we had progressive maps for the time period of this server leading to an established kingdom map.

so here is how it would work in brief.
These ideas are all based on the idea of starting from scratch with no predetermined status for anyone.

Stage 1
Map:
Empty with very few resources and nomadic living conditions.
Factions:
Just simple wood forts or constructable barricade zones.
Theme:
This period of time will be for people to arrive on the new land and see what they desire to do with it.
War:
Simple wars with low armor and weak weapons very nomadic.  Pretty much large amounts of war because people are trying to claim land.

--after set time period we see who owns what via rp and gameplay--

Stage 2
Map:
based on the information from the previous map a new map is created with the same landscape but now with little towns with some defenses and more equipment and resources.
Factions:
Now factions are larger and have a stronger hold of their territory
Theme:
a more peaceful time of trade and growth with some war
War:
More defensive positions taken by factions so as to hold on to their territory.

--again after a set time take a look at changes in territory and rp moves..---

Stage 3
Map:
Large settlements now with good fortifications, either castles with outside towns/farms or fortified territories.
Factions:
By this point in time factions should be well organized and established.  So territory is pretty much set and now it is a matter of organizing and managing.
Theme:
This is the time of serious character development and commerce in the land.  Peace is very common and the biggest threat is rebellions and bandits.
War:
Now war must be rped to the extreme it has to be a very big build up for anything to really break out.

Stage 4 -- if needed would be another upgrade to the living areas and defenses.. 

So it is kind of a age of empires meets warband feel :razz:  This would be fun but it would require heavy involvement from everyone and commitment. 

I would fully support this kind of progressive land development on the server. Again it will take a team of talented and committed people. I would offer my services and do offer my services for this server.

--web hosting--
--map editing noob--
--leadership and organization skills--
--graphic design--
--moral support :smile:--
Deserath said:
Would it be plausible to do a password'd server with an Application process to be accepted? Perhaps make it into a Community with its own Persistant World.
I.E What he had planned a while back, Open lots for Members of the Server to purchase as property.
No random characters, the Application would be for a specific Character to be approved of. Multiple Characters=Multiple Apps for the characters you're submitting.
Community approved Times for "assembling" on the server for RP.
Could start with a small Village with very basic living conditions, The armor and weapons available would reflect the Status of the Community at the time. Everyone wouldn't have a sword as it is,
for practical purposes.
So favoritism isn't called into Question there will be no assigned "seats" of power so to speak. I.E I made this server so I'm King of all the Lands!
An easy start would be a Village Elder or such elected by the village, and as time goes on we would evolve.
Deserath said:
Small Rule-set is all I want. I'd like to see my idea somewhere in the new server as it seems like people like it.

Are you sure you are enough in terms of numbers to have more than 5 vs 5 gangs war looking ?

If i can suggest anything, make real battle with a realistic amounts of people. Not some sort of "mini-skirmish" to decide the fate of a land.

I will highly looking forward to see how it's work.
Who is the dedicated mapper by the way ?

Aldric said:
Are you sure you are enough in terms of numbers to have more than 5 vs 5 gangs war looking ?

If i can suggest anything, make real battle with a realistic amounts of people. Not some sort of "mini-skirmish" to decide the fate of a land.

I will highly looking forward to see how it's work.
Who is the dedicated mapper by the way ?
There's Quantity and then there's Quality.

If I play Lady I still prefer 5-10 extra guards on the scene to make it look pretty, no matter if its a visit at another castle or war (and I have people that can behave when told too on duty :cool:)

If plate/ high end mail isnt on the map classes wont be so important since you will be able to hurt everyone at least a bit.

maybe a viking themed colony? lots of axes, not many swords? the next stage could be the viking raiders at 1 side of the sea and the other a small town? like a 2 faction map

Get rid of the castle-war noobs, who think the games goal is owning every castle. Limit the number of castles any faction can have to two.

Or a diverse cultural background with a Port-Village that was hastily built. Starting Event could be Players Arriving via' Boats and Collecting Materials to a certain point to construct the Village.

Make use of Constructable Scene Props, Map used should be completely un-touched by Humans. Or have a Low Tech Native Population?

In-game Player elected Officials and Such, we shouldn't have a band of Lords and Ladies flooding what will be a small populated Village in the beginning. All old Claims Dropped in this new land and everyone starts as a New Man or Woman.

Silver and Gold shouldn't be available and Iron should be modestly difficult to obtain for the Village.

Based Upon Roleplay and/or rescources accumalated by the server and time passed, Advancements made by the Village.

Edit:

Player bought Real Estate in the map, Should that come into play? And how would it be done.
Not every player could have a House, 40+ Houses with interiors doesn't sound too practical. I'm not a mapper so I can't say for sure either way.

Phoenix234 said:
If plate/ high end mail isnt on the map classes wont be so important since you will be able to hurt everyone at least a bit.
This is hardcore rp, I demand plated knights to properly exploit me for work as peasant.
If someone really plays a serfkiller I am pretty confident the person will be brought down after some time by people who aware of that serfs are necessary for economy (without silly faction wars stealing all the time we can seriously roleplay intern punishment and traitor/Criminal arrests and executions again).

Major Mayhem said:
Get rid of the castle-war noobs, who think the games goal is owning every castle. Limit the number of castles any faction can have to two.
Simple suggestion: War for land only when you actually have none. War for more land only when your land is bursting (10 men or more in a camp, 15 or more in a bg castle or town or something)
All that if we don't only play with persistent factions anyway. For me both is an option, either just playing or starting something completely new as Afric and Deserath propose

the first map is a nomad village knuppel... no plate would make more sense.

and Des how about housing for factions and guilds not individuals? like if we have a large town each faction has a house with its flag outside etc?

I think same size of map with less castles would be better and more realistic.People don't build a castle to every 200m.I don't suppose too much sailing, especially islands.Because sailing, ship fighting is not good enough yet, and people start to drop carts and saddlepacks in water.No reset to server.For realistic wars, wars would be like events at an another server.People make RP, decide for war.And make it later.A fact didn't declare war on another because of one idiot killed his horse.

And I think there must be NLR.People should get into a new life, or make a wounded role like 6-7 minutes(In a tavern, or castle hall, but they shouldn't be active).Because that is a hardcore RP server.If you killed  a king or a general, he dies, he don't respawn.And if admins  control that, people will need more food.

It must not be easy to earn money.No silver or gold mines.And prices must improve trade, even food trade.It would be nice to see a cart that going with 10 barrels of wine to another castle.

People shouldn't build facts very easy, he must prove to admin that he can make a faction of minumum 5 people, and he has 250k.

Phoenix234 said:

maybe a viking themed colony? lots of axes, not many swords? the next stage could be the viking raiders at 1 side of the sea and the other a small town? like a 2 faction map

Vikings didnt just use axes, also why are you here? Have you even applied to join the server?

Holgard said:
Phoenix234 said:

Vikings didnt just use axes, also why are you here? Have you even applied to join the server?

I got accepted ages ago. why am i here? because ive been waiting for a HC server for a long time maybe? why are you here?  :roll:

hence not many swords, and by sword i mean knightly, heavy B, 2hander + which sound more like knight weaponry then viking.

I wonder what a ruffian and brigand viking themed map would be like

Aldric said:
There's Quantity and then there's Quality.

Up to you mate. 50 men charging 50 others men have a better looking yet.
I'm talking about the Roleplay, I think when the Server begins we'll be far from Mega Battles for the Fate of ze' Land.

Little thought now..
What if mass Shield Wall type Events you're known for hosting can be dedicated to what happens on the Hardcore roleplay server. 
Example, House A and House B declare war through Actual Days or Weeks of bad relationship on the Server and the Table Talks are done.
Event that you'd probably be having already, the Shield Walls and other organized large fights could just be tagged with House A and B.
The Players go there for the organized fighting and fun, I doubt they'd care what faction it was under so long as it's an enjoyable event.
The end result would determine who won that particular Battle or Siege.
Create a Story Thread showing how the Server has grown since the start and each change is documented. Possibly some sort of Over-Narroration done by someone to go along with the Screen shots and Videos detailing the History there.

Back
Top Bottom