Dose The Diplomacy mod work on Mac????

Users who are viewing this thread

The Sharo said:
The Title asks the question. Can I have a answer?

Are you using Parallels, CrossOver, or some other Windows emulator, or Boot Camp? Anyway, if you can run Warband, yes, the Diplomacy mod will work. Why wouldn't it?

Very sorry about the whole necromancy thing, but with Mount&blade Warband being released for Mac, will the installer be updated to include Mac support? Alternatively, if there is a Module folder available for download, could anyone provide a link to it?

On Mac playing with steam beta.

I downloaded this mod outside of Steam Workshop.  Unzipped the .exe and moved the folder to your typical mod locals.  I also had to edit a file, under ~/Library/App..Support/MBWarband or there abouts and change the contents from Native to Diplomacy.  The file is named something like last_mod_played or some such.

It's working, and all and all I give it a thumbs up over Native.  But be warned there is funky'ness going on.  Villages and Taverns are not rendering correctly or at all, all the people just standing around in odd places, but you can still talk to them etc.  The auto sell loot seems to be hit or miss, and I'm seeing some errors about missing town data or some such.  It's probably to do with having a case sensitive fs, but I haven't felt like looking into it.

Keep in mind that the installer itself is intended to copy over the /SceneObj folder from Native in order to save on space - if you have not done so then all the scenes will be empty exactly as you described.

Back
Top Bottom