Companion SubMod

Users who are viewing this thread

@JuJu70 Wow good work

If no one objects to your names and Idibil gives me his help we will change them.
And add a few end titles like Uhtred Ragnarson suggested  "the tall" etc.
Also i thought that a few should be very expencive but have good armour or high lvl.

@Makememove Quote - Would it be possible to make the companions look changeable (in some limits)?
Change what they ware or there faces?

All sugestions/help welcome thx guys

If I may, I think there are too many horsemen and 2H axemen. This isn't realistic to this period of warfare. The great axe barbarian stereotype didn't really appear in Britain until the Danes came around the 8th century CE. I would suggestion more pikemen and spearmen.

Alfred of Gloucester said:
@JuJu70 Wow good work

If no one objects to your names and Idibil gives me his help we will change them.
And add a few end titles like Uhtred Ragnarson suggested  "the tall" etc.
Also i thought that a few should be very expencive but have good armour or high lvl.

@Makememove Quote - Would it be possible to make the companions look changeable (in some limits)?
Change what they ware or there faces?

All sugestions/help welcome thx guys

Clothes are changeable yet. No, I mean the beards, Haircut etc.. Maybe giving them a scarred face :wink:.

@Makememove I've given them all differnt faces with hair etc, just the same starting clothes? If you would like you could send me some face codes to add.
Here's how to http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html look at Step 2. i just need the big long number.

@Uhtred Ragnarson
I'd like all spearmen to but having a few of all the classes just for there start seemed fairer
As most are lvl 1 you can train them up quickly in any weapon proficancy you like.
I'm currently doing the robin hood suggestion, so all of my compainions have bows n arrows :grin:

If someone could make them more of a competition that would be great. Especially the noble ones, so they would rebel and sign with other lords and became vassals as well. Otherwise I thin k it's just too many of them, I hardly use half of the ones available.

Alfred of Gloucester said:
@Makememove I've given them all differnt faces with hair etc, just the same starting clothes? If you would like you could send me some face codes to add.
Here's how to http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,130815.0.html look at Step 2. i just need the big long number.

@Uhtred Ragnarson
I'd like all spearmen to but having a few of all the classes just for there start seemed fairer
As most are lvl 1 you can train them up quickly in any weapon proficancy you like.
I'm currently doing the robin hood suggestion, so all of my compainions have bows n arrows :grin:

No , Alfred, I´m sure the faces you are making are fine. What I would like to see is that the looks of the companions are changeable ingame - means that I can make Frioc get rid of his ridiculous beard for example.

I see, well we can change our chars faces in game, so maybe it is possible to change others. probably to much work required tho.

If you would like your faces implimented as part of the mod just follow the guide and send me the codes and the name of char you want it for and ill add it.

If anyone has any sugestions for any of the other chars backgrounds etc I could add some detail about that also. 

Lol yeah this definitely is not at all save game compatible, I had some pretty hilarious dialogue errors. I had a mercenary group running around named "the midnight sun" or something and all of my tavern keepers turned into blacksmiths

Angus S said:
Lol yeah this definitely is not at all save game compatible, I had some pretty hilarious dialogue errors. I had a mercenary group running around named "the midnight sun" or something and all of my tavern keepers turned into blacksmiths
That's pretty cool actually. :lol:

plz keep us updated on this mod Sir Alfred.
thanx.

ps: do you plan to make any giant, tattooed, mean looking pictish warriors?
or some tall, savage irish dudes?
i´m really curious... looking forward to your work.

I have installed the submod, but none of the new guys shows up, and i have travelled 98% of all mead halls in a new game...

What tool did you use that lets you insert companions without screwing up the ids for every unit after that point? :eek:  Or did you manually offset the ids throughout party_templates.txt and any other files they're used in?

is there way to easliy rename these? i love the idea of non-moaning companions but names are way too unrealistic and makes my party look like a online game player list. I've searched the names in the modified files but the names are mentioned in three different files and this makes things complicated.

Back
Top Bottom