New map: Sky City! (Experimental WIP). Taking all suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Eragon91

Banned
I have a principle of not revealing maps until they are practically finished, but:

Pastor_Fritzl of EU_PW4 Gives you an experimental, new map:

Sky City

Just a little something something i made when i was bored. I just felt like doing something like this and all the talk about it on the Event thread made me get to work to see if it was possible, but now i don't know what to do with it.

I'm all out of ideas. Therefor i am just going to let it be in your hands. Tell me what you want added to the map and i will fix it, as long as it makes sense.

The main thought of the map is that it will feature "sky-ships", so we might have some neat sky battles. But more than that, this is what i got so far:

2lurocz.jpg

Also, Do you want railings on the bridges or not?

The map will probably take much longer than The Lowlands to finish since i have more work in school now, but i will try to progress at a steady pace.

Nice Map ! Good work.
I am having an event for Sky Battles can you maybe help me with your map ?

For Sky Ships..
Well ships are Meant to Sail on Water ..
Basically if there is water under them,they can Sail..
So if you made the ground level low .. the ships can sail ..
BUT The ship cannot sail if there is Ground underneath them,you can put them at ANY High but as long the Water stays down

Add island with Forest and grass, and wooden bride which leads there. It might be some kind of Outlaw hideout.

I don't know if this idea is stupid, but also add lots of small/medium sized rocks below the map randomly, so if player falls, he might survive if he land on one of these rocks. :O

Even more stupid idea, but at least exotic: Place trees on some of those floating rocks i mentioned about  :grin:

cha0s said:
For Sky Ships..
Well ships are Meant to Sail on Water ..
Basically if there is water under them,they can Sail..
So if you made the ground level low .. the ships can sail ..
BUT The ship cannot sail if there is Ground underneath them,you can put them at ANY High but as long the Water stays down

Oh dont worry. I figured out how to deal with that little issue.

gaham1 said:
Have the citizens spawn on a small town and then a boat leads to the city so people who do ferrying will become rich!

They spawn in the portal.

Xplosion said:
Add island with Forest and grass, and wooden bride which leads there. It might be some kind of Outlaw hideout.

I don't know if this idea is stupid, but also add lots of small/medium sized rocks below the map randomly, so if player falls, he might survive if he land on one of these rocks. :O

Even more stupid idea, but at least exotic: Place trees on some of those floating rocks i mentioned about  :grin:

I can't add grass.

And what then if he lands on the rocks? How should he get away? Ships cannot travel up or down.

It's just a neat looking commoner spawn. I figured that i didn't want them to just pop out of nowehere in the town, and the island felt empty. So i added a "portal" where everyone comes from.

Deserath said:
I hate to sound like an ass With all due respect This is ******** stupid.  :neutral:

I made this map because i wanted to make something like it. Not because i ever thought it would be playable, or that i would care about what anyone thought about it. Especially someone who obviously knows nothing of what makes a mapper tick.

The only reason i posted it here was because i ran out of ideas.

I think no railings would be a good nice...people would have to pay attention when fight on it...but if you don't every 5 min you'll get: "Can I get a refund? Lagged off a bridge."

Nice map though :grin:

Back
Top Bottom