B Fantasy [WB] The Crystal Blade Mod [Faction/Unit/Gameplay/Texture/Model/MP/SP]

How powerful should the Multiplayer Bots be?

• Weakest weapons - They're just add-ons to fill out teams!

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Moderate weapons - Favour equality, realistic gameplay!

Votes: 24 54.5%
  • Strongest weapons - I want a worthy challenge!

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Saromin

Regular
THREE NEWEST UPDATES:
1. (24.11.12)  Uploaded The Ashendells map. Link in Multiplayer Maps section, and here.
2. (23.10.12)  Finished the Orc Aar-Hanar Helm. Check the Arms and Armour spoiler.
3. (19.10.12)  Added Orc Warrior with full armour/weaponset. Check in Multiplayer Units section, spoiler at top.

NOTE: I will be uploading new things here, and to the new website(still under development): http://thecrystalblade.webs.com/

If you want an explanation of anything, or more in-depth explaining, dates, priority, future additions, or ANY other questions, please dont hesitate, and ask me in the comments. If it is a simple thing to answer, like details on units, I'll explain in a reply. However if it is something more complex, like the in-game usage of units, or any secret or special locations, I'll explain in a youtube video, then give you the link in this topic, and in a reply :smile:

If I add something that another user has suggested, or if I use models or scripts written by other users, I'll add their name, and the way they've helped, into the "Credits" section just below the Changelog :smile:

I'll add new things to the list as I add them to the game, the key is below the list. I won't be, overall, concentrating on a specific topic for example MP or different weapons, but instead changing where the game is set, and the factions that live there, along with their own weapons/banners, quests, etc. I'll keep you informed of what I'm doing at each time through the smiley key ( :arrow: ) and replies.

So far, this mod consists of 6 general sections:

NOTE: Scroll to bottom for changelog.

1) Factions
2) Arms & Armour
3) Multiplayer Units
4) Multiplayer Maps
5) Tweaks In Original Files (Others)
6) Banners

NOTE: I am currently focusing on 3 factions (Éslaméneva, Brigands, Ashvale) to complete them before I move onto the next ones :smile:

1)Factions:
  *Éslaméneva Sentinels
      *Villager
      *Scytheman
      *Veteran Scytheman
      *Sentinel Glavier
      *Sentinel Swordman
      *Sentinel Veteran
      *Sentinel Warrior
      *Woodsman
      *Hunter
      *Sentinel Scout
      *Sentinel Hunter
      *Horseman
      *Sentinel Lancer
  *Vildelan
  *Aradiin
  *Brigands
      *Thief
      *Robber
      *Bandit
      *Brigand Recruit
      *Brigand Fighter
      *Brigand Veteran
      *Brigand Warrior
      *Brigand Archer
      *Brigand Lookout
      *Brigand Scout
      *Brigand Sharpeye
      *Brigand Horseman
      *Brigand Pillager
  *Nessalet
  *Ashvale
      *Corrupted Villager
      *Dark Recruit
      *Dark Footman
      *Dark Spearman
      *Dark Veteran Spearman
      *Dark Pikeman
      *Dark Veteran Pikeman
      *Dark Warrior
      *Dark Front-Liner
      *Dark Brute
      *Dark Berserker
      *Dark Taskmaster
      *Dark Crossbowman
      *Dark Veteran Crossbowman
      *Dark Skirmisher
      *Dark Horseman
      *Dark Veteran Horseman

2)Arms & Armour:
:mrgreen:    *Sentinel Sword
:mrgreen:    *Sentinel Bow
:mrgreen:    *Sentinel Arrows
:mrgreen:    *Scouting Bow
:mrgreen:    *Dark Warrior Sword
:mrgreen:    *Dark Crossbow
:mrgreen:    *Dark Shield
:mrgreen:    *Dark Pike
:mrgreen:    *Dark Cleaver
:mrgreen:    *Dark Footman Armour Set
:mrgreen:    *Dark Warrior Helmet
:mrgreen:    *Dark Master Armour Set
:mrgreen:    *Brigand Armour Set
:mrgreen:    *Sentinel Armour Set
:mrgreen:    *Orc Kargash Scimitar
:mrgreen:    *Orc Heavy Shield
:mrgreen:    *Orc Grunt Armour
:mrgreen:    *Orc Gar-Karum Helm
:mrgreen:    *Orc Greaves
:mrgreen:    *Orc Head
:mrgreen:    *Orc Hands
:mrgreen:    *Orc Aar-Hanar Helm
:arrow:    *Ashvalian Spear

3)Multiplayer Units:

Unit Images:
NOTE: Please click on images to view full size, many details (such as spikes) aren't visible in thumbnail size.

Orc Warrior:
Playable Units:
:!: Sentinels
    Merenath Hunter                Merenath Ranger              Seinatul Horseman        Seinatul Bladesmaster    Seinatul Skirmisher

:mrgreen: Ashvale
        Dark Footman            Dark Crossbowman          Dark Horseman            Orc Warrior            Goblin Archer

:arrow: Brigands
:mrgreen:      Brigand Sharpeye
:mrgreen:      Brigand Veteran
:mrgreen:      Brigand Pillager
:?:      Westwood Tracker
:?:      Ashvale Grunt

:arrow: Vildelan
:?:      Sovaidale Bowmaster
:?:      Sovaidale Warrior
:?:      Yillanis Striker
:?:      The Mountains Berserker
:?:      The Mountains Quickblade

:arrow: Aradiin
:?:      Lowlands Crossbowman
:?:      Larmudr Warrior
:?:      Larmudr Crusher
:?:      Léiné Nirean Guardian
:?:      Léiné Nirean Axe Master

:arrow: Nessalet
:?:      Laslinaur Archer
:?:      Laslinaur Soldier
:?:      Nessalet Horseman
:?:      Caislinaur Footman
:?:      Caislinaur Ranger

4)Multiplayer Maps:
Battle/DM/TDM/CTF:
:mrgreen:    *Ruins Of Azerkaden
:arrow:    *Nan-Arvain:The Cliffs
:mrgreen:    *Ashvale:Ashendells
:?:    *Renev Nirean
:?:    *Elasslin:Úillinsol
:?:    *Nan-Arvain:Barricade
:?:    *Éslaméneva:Rémasli Lensé
:?:    *Ashvale:Kharrekai

5)Others:
  *Weapons:
      *The amount of Javelins, Jarids and Throwing Spears has been set to 10.
      *The amount of of Darts and War Darts has been set to 20.
  *Rebels:
      *Those bandits got annoying, so I exchanged them for Rebels, soldiers that fight for the Brigands.
      *The maximum amount of Rebels on the map has now been increased to 20 for everyone except the Looters.
      *The size of Rebel parties will be around 30
  *Prisoners:
      *Your party will no longer lose morale if you recruit prisoners.
      *The chances of prisoners accepting your recruitment offer will now start at 50% with 0 points of persuation, and will get 5% higher per point.

6)Banners:

Clockwise from top left - Brigands, Aradiin, Vildelan, Éslaméneva, Ashvale, Nessalet

:mrgreen: = Finished
:!: = Finished, but will most likely be replaced
:???: = Being worked on, but not succeeding
:arrow: = Currently being worked on
:?: = Unfinished

Arms And Armour Images:
Nessalet Soldier Armour        Orc Heavy Shield          Orc Kargash Scimitar      Orc Gar-Karum Helm        Orc Aar-Hanar Helm

Orc Grunt Armour                                                      Goblin Leader Helm

In-Game Images:
    Orc Heavy Shield          Orc Kargash Scimitar

Changelog:

Update 1 (15.08.12) Completed MP map: Ruins Of Azerkaden (VIDEO)

Update 2 (16.08.12) Added MP Units to remaining factions, unarmed.

Update 3 (17.08.12) Finished faction banners, can be viewed in this topic.

Update 4 (18.08.12) Finished Nessalet Soldier Armour, images available in Armour Images (spoiler), above this Changelog.

Update 5 (19.08.12) Change total of MP units per faction to 5

Update 6 (20.08.12) Made the Orc shield. From now on, I'll update only when a full set is made.

Update 7 (17.10.12) Finished The Ashendells map.

Update 8 (19.10.12) Finished the Orc Warrior armour set (grunt armour, shield, scimitar, gar-karum helm, greaves, hands)

Designs For Future:

Gar Karum Orc Helm            Orc Captain Helm              Orc Leader Helm            Beirnar Goblin Helm        Merenath Goblin Helm

Aar Karand Goblin Helm      Aar Karand Orc Helm

Please help the mod by showing your support - add this banner to your signiture! :smile:
Available Banners:
1)

modforumbanner1.jpg

Code:
[URL=http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,211404.0.html][IMG]http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/295/modforumbanner1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

NOTE: I will be making videos in single/multiplayer with the changes, on this youtube channel :smile:

Thanks for taking your time to read this (if you have :razz: ).
Please comment or leave any suggestions below.
Thanks

Team/Credits:

Team:
Saro - Design, Modelling, Texturing, Map Editing, Animating, Scripting, Voice Acting
J.Me - Voice Acting

Also a special thanks goes to:
Taleworlds - Original animations, meshes and textures to work on
mtarini - Creating OpenBRF, without which I wouldn't have been able to make any of this :smile:

[PLEASE LEAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS BELOW IN A REPLY. THANK YOU]

-Saro

xXBerethorXx said:
Cool, did you do all that on your own

Yes, had a bit of free time, but for now i'm using original meshes, just changing textures :razz:

xXBerethorXx said:
and...pictures!  :grin:

Haha sure, been taking some in-game at 5:30am, but gave up cause I got just a wee bit tired :razz:

Okay, added a few pics to Multiplayer, tell me what you think :smile: I know my texture editing/emblem designing skills are pretty damn low, but hey :razz:

Hey guys, sorry for this topic going kinda dead, my computer got really messed up and I couldn't really do anything on it. But I now have a new computer, and I've managed to recover my old files (I think), so I'll be continuing with this mod :smile:

A little video with the MP map Ruins of Azerkaden will be uploaded in about 3 hours and 24 minutes at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaSCNH-__fk

Nessalet will be a more knightly faction, in a way like swadia, but including some units with a different style of weaponry and armour, varying the gameplay a bit more.

Vildelan will be a poorer faction, consisting mostly of units that will be able to hold the enemies at a distance (ranged/long weapon), as the armours will be of a poor rating, and quick guerilla-styled horsemen, with weapons capable of quick strike-and-disappear fighting styles.

Aradiin will be a typical brute faction - axes, sledgehammers and bardisches, but no shields and (i'll try) slowing-down armour, to balance it out :smile:

I'm also planning on changing Éslaméneva a bit, to a more ranger-type faction, for example, i'll remove the Glaviers from the multiplayer, as they are more brute-themed soldiers :razz:

In case youre wondering, I'll also give info on the three created factions:

Éslaméneva is a huge forest, and so the faction from it will be an agile ranger-themed faction. Light, weak armour, but fast weapons and very precise bows, and strong arrows. The horses are also agile, capable of moving through the forest a high speeds.

Ashvale is, as the unit names suggest, a corrupted faction. Individual units are weak, but together, with good formations, can be a force to be reckoned with. The Crossbowmen have a crossbow that takes 5 shots before the need to reload, but their health is fairly weak. The footmen typically use shields and spears, but you have an option to use swords and the heavy dark cleaver - a very strong, two handed weapon, however slow.

Brigands are a faction I have created when playing around with the background is my story. They are agile like the Éslaméneva sentinels, but also strong. I am going to degrade their weapons and armour, as they are currently a very powerful faction, which i was not meaning to do. They use mostly old swords and bows but, at an advanced level, can use more powerful weapons. Having 10 Pillagers on your team can be a good strategy, as they are a good striking unit, clearing the way for veterans and sharpeyes

Added a changelog. Beginning work on all MP units and maps. After I finish them, I'll release the Beta V1.0 as a test :smile:

Finished banners, uploaded images.

NOTE: Posting new comments continuously is against the Forum rules, so I'll have to modify the original post, and so I can't notify you of additions, like a Beta release - Please keep checking back on the topic, posting a reply every so often would also help :smile: I'm mostly adding new things daily :smile:

Okay, just uploaded images of the first model/texture - the Nessalet Soldier Armour :smile: in a spoiler just above Changelog, to conserve space!

I have 3 questions, 1. are you going to add more meshes into the game? 2. how long before the beta gets released? And 3. how do you post a link using 1 word? The thing you did to link to youtube :razz:

Hey :smile: to answer your first question, yes, I am - I'm going to make the world different from Calradia, so I need different weapons and armours too.
2. The Beta should be released in a week's time, maybe more. It's only going to be a Multiplayer Beta, so don'y get too excited :razz: A few maps, and all the units. I'm doing all the team's jobs myself, so the whole thing will take time.

3. Haha :smile: it's quite simple really, you just put a square bracket behind the address, then your word, then the [/url], like this:   
Code:
[url=YOUR-ADRESS-GOES-HERE]WORD-OR-SENTANCE[/url]

Just added the Orc Heavy Shield textured mesh! :smile:

Saromin said:
xXBerethorXx said:
Cool, did you do all that on your own

Yes, had a bit of free time, but for now i'm using original meshes, just changing textures :razz:

Change of plans, I'm starting to make new meshes for the mod. I've already posted a mesh for the Nessalet Armour and Orc Heavy Shield, and I'm gonig to add a new one every day, maybe every two days, so stay tuned! I should also be done with the Ashendells map sometime in the next few days :smile:

Thanks, bpopa27 :razz: sorry for the late reply, have to go to high school, and spend all free time modding, the Gar-Karum helm was very buggy, but I've managed to make it now, uploaded pics :smile: I'll just move on to orc armour, but if you want me to do the helms (from 'future ideas/designs' spoiler) in any specific order, let me know :smile:

P.S. Hey guys, just finished making a new website for the mod. It's still a work in progress, but i'll be adding everything there:
http://thecrystalblade.webs.com

Bump - I've finished the Ashendells map, will have a video uploaded soon - gotta wait around 20 hours for the upload to finish -.- but for now, here are some pics:
Forest:

Canyon:

Battlegrounds:

Forest Path:

Saromin! I just found out an easier and quicker way to work on your mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html
it makes it so you can make troops, parties and factions far easier! and http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5646.0.html
which is a tool to make maps with ease! You should try them! It might help. :grin:

theelder said:
can't bucking wait
good luck

Haha, thanks :smile: Almost finished Ashvale and Éslaméneva, I'll release the 3-faction-MP-beta as soon as brigands, ashvale and Éslaméneva are complete :smile:

Brandis said:
Saromin! I just found out an easier and quicker way to work on your mod http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,105928.0.html
it makes it so you can make troops, parties and factions far easier! and http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5646.0.html
which is a tool to make maps with ease! You should try them! It might help. :grin:

Thanks, they'll come in real handy :grin: Should speed up the process of adding units, and actually enable me to change the birds-eye-view map :grin:

Also, I've just added a few more pictures in the Unit Images and I've added pictures of the Aar-Hanar Orc Helm in the Arms&Armour spoiler :smile:

Back
Top Bottom