SP Fantasy Daydream Little Stories (demo)//OSP 1 weapon pack

Users who are viewing this thread

VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCCPkQRZByM

The next demo is on its way and to entertain you while you wait, we release this open source pack for everyone to use in their fantasy mods. The pack contains 82 untextured weapons of various sizes, types and styles. This variety is the main reason for why we cant use them in the mod, they simply dont fit our vision anymore. Which however doesnt say their quality is bad. All models are in .obj file formats so there should be no problems with importing them into any software you use. Should any problems occur, feel free to contact any of our team members and we will help you with the issue.

osp110.jpg

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://www.2shared.com/file/zzeZZqVm/OSPweaspons.html

Daydream Little Stories (demo)

157697e5b90c.jpg

We know we promised a Christmas or New Year's release, but you know how it goes with deadlines. There were more things to fix than there was time needed for it. And so we overshot a little. Please don't kill us.

Help us!
Anyway, today we're officially releasing what we've been referring to as our little 'demo' mod. As you may know our whole ambitious goal proved, well very ambitious indeed, and we decided an in between demo release would be a good idea. Why? Because it gives all of you a taste of what we've done and it may convince many of you to give us a hand in the future development of the mod. There's so much stuff left to do, so many ideas left to explore. So, if you're a modeller, texturer, coder, story-writer or whatever else you think may be of use to us, please consider helping us out!

Outline of mod setting
That said, let's get to our demo! Daydream Demo is built for Warband, version 1.143. It contains as much of our work as we managed to stick in. As a result of that, we've come up with a completely new story and setting that will have no place in the original mod. Some of the characters you'll see will have a completely different role in the actual mod as we want it to be.

The Elves are one of the two main races in the Land. They are a people with a history of grandeur and sophistication. But, thanks to the constant attacks of the other main faction, the Orgs, who are cruel, scrawny, revolting little bastards, their civilization is in decline. The Elven civilization is scarred by battle: broken stone, quick-fixed defences, scratched equipment, etc. But still they are far superior in military skill and tactics. Their weakness is in numbers, against massive numbers of Orgs.

The setting is a small Elven village, somewhere atop a hill. This village is a bit of a backward place, near the front line, yet has been supplying the best Elven Axeman Troops to the Kings Army for centuries.

So, in this village you'll be able to play three different battle sequences, which you can access simply by starting a new game. You'll be able to play as a Treasure Hunter just passing through, a Captain of the 5th Axeman Division that is in the village to pick up new recruits and as a Huntress who lives in the village itself. Each character will have its own companions and tasks to complete. Though it will always involve slaughtering massive hordes of Orgs. Don't you worry!

For now, that's all you can do and once you complete a battle sequence, you'll be taken back to the main menu. There's no world map or any free roaming you can do. Just these three scripted battles. Don't bother checking out the quick battles either. We haven't worked on that either.
Then why do these options still persist in the menu? Because they are hard coded and we couldn't get them out.

We're pretty sure you'll encounter more bugs and issues as you play, despite that we've spent quite some time hunting for them. Hell, you might even come across nema, who is still hunting for them... For now we ask that you forgive us these bugs and report them to us so that we may fix them.

YOUR TROOPS ARE CAVALRY IN THIS DEMO!!! 

Download links
And so now it's downloading time! You can find the module in the M&B repository.

repository DDW demo 1.0 DOWNLOAD LINK

Installation
Installation is as you're used to: just unzip and copy the DDW folder to your M&B Warband 'Modules' folder, next to the one that's called 'Native'. When starting up Warband, make sure you select the DDW mod in the drop down list.

Credits
Core team:
Nema (coding, putting it all together)
Wheene (modelling, story, scene building)
Njiekovic (texturing, music, story)
Leopardo (texturing)
Weren (design, scene building)
DtheHun (modelling, texturing, rigging, art work)

Contributors:
Geren (did lots of music and some models)
Lynx (modelling, texturing, rigging)
Faradon (modelling and texturing)
Dagon19 (modelling and texturing)
Dancorg (modelling and texturing)
Moi (modelling)
BGFan (story, thoughts)

Screen shots
mb99_c10.jpg

mb87_c10.jpg

Enter game
mb7410.jpg

mb7510.jpg

mb7610.jpg
Treasure hunter first scene
mb7711.jpg

mb7911.jpg

mb8011.jpg

mb8111.jpg

mb8311.jpg

YOUR TROOPS ARE CAVALRY IN THIS DEMO!!! 
Treasure hunter second scene
mb8910.jpg

mb9010.jpg

mb9111.jpg

mb9211.jpg

mb9710.jpg
Axeman Captain first scene
mb9910.jpg

mb10110.jpg

mb10711.jpg
Axeman Captain second scene
Time to time you can find such spam character lost between the mods and games. (You can ignore her.  :wink:  She not belong here.  :evil:)
mb10911.jpg

mb11011.jpg

mb11311.jpg

mb11511.jpg
Huntress boar hunt
mb11611.jpg

mb11710.jpg

mb11810.jpg
Huntress second scene
mb11910.jpg

mb12110.jpg

mb12310.jpg
Huntress third scene
mb12610.jpg

mb12810.jpg

Argh...Still at work, damn it!

Will try it out as soon as I get home. Congrat's on the release. It's been a long while, but, from what I know, it'll be worth it.

Just finished playing it and gotta say that this stuff is awesome! :grin: I've been waiting for a mod like this for a long time! :smile:

Just one suggestion; Use lods! With openbrf atm it's very easy to create them, and you got quite a lot of high poly models so lods should improve performance considerably :smile:

One of the things we'll need help with as well!
Was your performance impacted badly? On my PC everything's fine, but then again, it's kinda bad ass.  :twisted:

My performance wasn't impacted badly, no, but I did go down to 30 fps at some points and I do consider my pc kinda bad ass too :razz: So it might have heavier impacts on older computers..

Making the lods should be pretty easy as the newest version of openbrf can create them automatically for you :smile:

Oh, and I would love to help out on the mod, would in that case be as a modeler and texturer, though Im not sure if my work is good enough/will fit the style of the mod :razz:

Wouldn't be bad, indeed. Aye, I realize it's just the demo, but I actually heard my old graphics card saying 'ouch'  :lol:

Otherwise, great stuff!

Very satisfying, knowing I've helped on that little bit, be it as little as I actually have. Will try to squeeze out a few more tunes whenever duties allow some free time. Whether you include 'em or not will be entirely up to you, of course.

Keep it up, guys. Hope you find the helping hands you need after releasing this little gem.

Brego said:
Oh, and I would love to help out on the mod, would in that case be as a modeler and texturer, though Im not sure if my work is good enough/will fit the style of the mod :razz:

The guys are good teachers. They've helped me with modeling quite a lot. 'Sides, the whole thing just draws you in, and automatically sets you up in style (heh, forgot about that Org half-helmet' looks nice in-game) :wink:

I know, one of the best things Orgs are wearing! :smile:
It's a cool idea! And sure, we can also try some more music.

@Brego: no worries, we can teach you a thing or two. Wheene's an awesome modeler and as for my texturing, well, let's just say it's just a trick I'm pulling every time.
And maybe you could help with the LODS too, since you brought it up :grin:

my performance was badly impacted. Great demo though.
my rig if you need to know:
i7 860 2,9 ghz
hd 5770
4gb ram

Njiekovic said:
I know, one of the best things Orgs are wearing! :smile:
It's a cool idea! And sure, we can also try some more music.

@Brego: no worries, we can teach you a thing or two. Wheene's an awesome modeler and as for my texturing, well, let's just say it's just a trick I'm pulling every time.
And maybe you could help with the LODS too, since you brought it up :grin:

Sure, though making the lods really is very easy with open brf :razz:

Everything looks great, but I'm sorry to echo what Brego is saying. The models are rather poorly optimized. Your computer may be able to run it smoothly, but all of the individually modeled belts and bits on the armor kills my system without any lods. I'll try just running OpenBrf's auto lod maker on them just so that I'll be able play the battles. OpenBRF isn't great at making lods automatically (I don't know any program that is wonderful at it), but it is quick and certainly better than nothing.

Full points for scripting, conversations, wild boar hunting and the works, though! This is exciting!

Back
Top Bottom