Tokat
Akşehir
Divriği
Elbistan
Uluborlu

Villages:

Will be add later.

HERALDRY & BANNER:

Symbol itself be white color, and that the background be blue (i am not sure if dark or light).

120pxkonyaspor.png

220pxdivrigi02.jpg

300pxbyzantineeagle.jpg

ARMY & ROSTER:
Castle Recruitment 1;
                                                  I
                                      Ghulam Recruit(light horseman equipped with mace or sword)
                                        /                  \
              Junior Ghulam Lancers          Junior Ghulam Horse Archers
                            /                                              \
          Senior Ghulam Lancers                      Senior Ghulam Horse Archers

Plus Royal Ghulam Lancers  and Royal Ghulam Footguard(archers with armour) only spawns in the Sultan's army.

Castle Recruitment 2; 
                                                    I
                                        Askari Retinue(Light lancers)
                                                    I
                                        Askari Sergeant(slightly better armoured horse archer)
                                                    I
                                        Askari Lancers(lancer but also have bow as secondary)

City Recruitment;
                                            Ayyaran(Irregulars joins the army for loot)
                                                  I
                                            Mutawwia(religious fanatics)
                                                  I
                                            Fityan(brave young citizens joins the forces to defend their cities, armed by bows)

Village Recruitment(will be change from region to region)
                                                                            Turkoman Tribesmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Raider
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Veteran Raider
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Frontiersmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Veteran Frontiersmen

500t.png

5107049.jpg

10569382.jpg

29873845.jpg

52976407.jpg

aa25457846d0ef6ea28910c.jpg

arc02.jpg

ma6bc.jpg

picture1hva.png

ter17ii9.jpg

These are not Seljuk rest is ok, I can add some more too.
6d6ed84ae4ebfa4536f4de5.jpg
grnt227.jpg
tstcs88sts540.jpg
yenicerielbiseliefkanca.jpg
ordusancagi14531798.png

They're not exactly at war with Byzantine, although their relations is not that best.

I know some lords I'll write them here, sadly many of the governors unknown because Suleymanshah removed all the knowing governors with his reign and new ones are not knowing, they were all family members.

I can prepare a roster too.

5 towns/cities???
isnt that too much , and 5 castles????
i dont know much about that region but in my amateur opinion 5 cities is to much

king of europe said:
5 towns/cities???
isnt that too much , and 5 castles????
i dont know much about that region but in my amateur opinion 5 cities is to much

Anatolia always been rich and many people lived. if you ever been Turkey every city and village nearly has castles even abondoned ones. And most of them from seljuk era. Still town and castles can be modified by mod team. i didnt played EU 1200 mod much but i have spent some time and if game map will be this much big 5 cities fit well.

KnightPeter said:
Anatolia always been rich and many people lived. if you ever been Turkey every city and village nearly has castles even abondoned ones. And most of them from seljuk era. Still town and castles can be modified by mod team. i didnt played EU 1200 mod much but i have spent some time and if game map will be this much big 5 cities fit well.

If you have played the mod you would notice that not many countrys have 5 towns, only really big states like England and Germany have that, and there is always many more castles than towns, so I think it needs readjustment.

Anyone noticed that the fourth picture that Knight Peter putted has a cross and christian orb? Beatwine the two headed eagle was founded in Rome B.C. One head represent Senat and other The People so I realy dont bealive that this picture is genuen becouse eastern (in this case islam) countrys didn't had any two eagles wich where holding  † 

Serbian Conqueror said:
Anyone noticed that the fourth picture that Knight Peter putted has a cross and christian orb? Beatwine the two headed eagle was founded in Rome B.C. One head represent Senat and other The People so I realy dont bealive that this picture is genuen becouse eastern (in this case islam) countrys didn't had any two eagles wich where holding  † 
Yes, the 4th picture is a Christian eagle, with the cross and the Keys of Heaven (of St. Peter).
The second one is a logo of the football club Konyaspor, if I'm not mistaken.  :razz:
KnightPeter, maybe you should check the old E1200 for normal Mount and Blade, to see if there's some lords there.
Also, I would suggest that you at least try E1200 Warband, in order to be easier for you to know some details when researching.
Udud said:
If you have played the mod you would notice that not many countrys have 5 towns, only really big states like England and Germany have that, and there is always many more castles than towns, so I think it needs readjustment.
Well, if this map is correct:
Europe-1200s.jpg
you can judge for yourself how many towns should Rum have.
I am guessing that Rum is smaller than Hungary (note that Hungary here is shown separately from Croatia and Slavonia), but not much smaller.
Hungary has 5 towns, so, that would mean that Rum should have about 4 towns.
At least that's according to size measuring.
Btw, England has 6 towns, while HRE has 10.

i agree on 4 towns. i will do same changes.

About eagle i agree again about what you all said. Thing is that is same eagle they were using as heraldy only difference without cross. Even today we can see living prof as fotboll team logo as Mihailo said. Many turkic goverments like ottoman and seljuk people not totaly turks (most of the time rulers and soldiers turk) as goes for culture. They also embaraced rum traditions (roman).

I started to play E1200 warband to understand mechanics thanks for map nice one i will work on it :smile:

City Recruitment;
                                                  I
                                      Ghulam Recruit(light horseman equipped with mace or sword)
                                        /                  \
              Junior Ghulam Lancers          Junior Ghulam Horse Archers
                            /                                              \
          Senior Ghulam Lancers                      Senior Ghulam Horse Archers

Plus Royal Ghulam Lancers  and Royal Ghulam Footguard(archers with armour) only spawns in the Sultan's army.

Castle Recruitment; 
                                                    I
                                        Askari Retinue(Light lancers)
                                                    I
                                        Askari Sergeant(slightly better armoured horse archer)
                                                    I
                                        Askari Lancers(lancer but also have bow as secondary)

I'll post Village resruitment and mercenaries later.

Here's some more pics
1tlcp.png
1tld8.jpg
1tldz.png
1tlfk.jpg
1tlgs.jpg

In E1200 for normal Mount and Blade, Rum had these lords:
Sultan Suleiman (already on your list)
Lord Kilij Arslan III (already on your list)
Fahreddin Behram
Lord Husameddin Coban
Lord Sa'd al-Din Kopek
Lord Sancar Chah
Lord Arslan Chah
Lord Nasir ad-Din Shah Berk Yaruk
Emir Yazir
Lord Tughrilshah

I don't know who researched Rum then, or who found those lords.
I don't even know if they are historical or fictional, but here they are, so hopefully, some of you Turks might know if they are worth anything.

They're historical characters I know some of the them real lords, I'll check others too.

Any view on roster ?

About the rooster, first I need to know the composition of seljuq armies. In Eu1200 we typically have four troop trees per culture/faction: rural TT (villages), urban TT (towns), professional TT (castles) and noble TT (castles). However this applies mostly to western factions, and the Byzantine Empire will probably have no noble TT, but a more stronger professional TT instead.

Now then: did seljuq nobility went to the battlefield to fight? If so, then we need a noble TT for them. As you've put it, the Ghulam guys would fit better the professional TT, with Royal Ghulam being the top tier units of said troop tree (they'll be available for the player too, just like castillian royal monteros are). The urban TT should be composed of militia units recruited from towns and cities.

You can have a look at the Almohad troop trees here to see how we've handled muslim troop trees in the past (I know the almohads don't have much in common with the seljuqs, it's just a tip).

Seljuk armies generally had a Ghulam core, more numerous Askari class(generally Iqta fief holders joining the army with their retainers), and the Auxilary&Mercenaries(Turkomans,Kurds,Arabs,Kipchaks, locals etc.), AI armies should be oftenly use these mercenaries too. I think Ghulams are both professionals and nobles, they were the administration class, they hed the military titles etc.

Then Askari and Ghulams to castles, here is the urban recruitment

Ayyaran(Irregulars hoins the army for loot)
                                                  I
                                            Mutawwia(religious fanatics)
                                                  I
                                            Fityan(brave young citizens joins the forces to defend their cities, armed by bows)

Rural recruitment could be change from region to region, west anatolia Byzantine rurals, central anatolia Turkomans)

Turkoman Tribesmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Raider
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Frontiersmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Retainer
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Noble

Some of charecters are historicaly accurate with e1200 some of them seems not i will look more detailed resarch. i have also some resorces for roster tomorrow i will have some time look and help you but as far as i see your roster seems great.

Inanch-Bilge why is there retainer and noble men in the rural troop tree? I think retainers should be in the castle troop tree and nobles in the noble troop tree.

But they're tribal.

Towns:

Konya
Kayseri
Sivas
Ankara

Castles:

Amasya
Larende
Tokat
Akşehir
Divriği
Elbistan
Uluborlu

Villages:

Will be add later.

I do not think it matters if they are tribal or not. The idea of the mod is that you can only get really strong troops like retainers and nobles from castles when you are a vassal or king.

What we should then ? cut half of the tribal roster and add them to castle roster ? I think that system is based on European traditions.

I am not sure. I am not good with history. Maybe just replace them?
                                                                            Turkoman Tribesmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Raider
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Veteran Raider
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Frontiersmen
                                                                                            I
                                                                            Turkoman Veteran Frontiersmen

I think you can find some better names for them, I just put it to show how it could be.

Back
Top Bottom